TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Brush with Law Enforcement and No Front Plate

500HP GT

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:doh: It's ALL my fault. I started it. Didn't mean to but there it is. To a 20 year old, I am an Old :censored:

You're killin me here. 50 this year!

My dealer charges $85 for the oil/filter/fluids etc. 5th one is free. Just had my 2nd. 4,400 miles so far.

:shift:

bj

Dude I turn 46 on Dec. 30th. I am not bashin any of you old farts. I am a old fart too!

I think he has a complex about his age. He has 20 year old photo of himself at the bottom of every post. :hysterical:

Rob, I was not bashing you, I was looking for commiseration :hysterical:

..and I'll have you know that I was all of 17 when that photo was taken; photo brings back memories of good times, new 442, summer off from school before college, girls, beer and .......well my sons read the board sometimes so we'll end there :happy feet: :happy feet:

Rob, I was not bashing you, I was looking for commiseration :hysterical:

..and I'll have you know that I was all of 17 when that photo was taken; photo brings back memories of good times, new 442, summer off from school before college, girls, beer and .......well my sons read the board sometimes so we'll end there :happy feet: :happy feet:

Ben,

Those were "the good old days".

Now when we get our cars what will we call these days.

How about "the good young days" ??

Maybe NOT.

:idea:

One more of the do it your self guys here. Got a case of Royal Purple 10w40 and two oil filters for 90 bucks. so that works out to 45 per oil change

I hope this was just to get a rise out of everyone..... :finger:

And remember the old saying," your only as old as you feel"?

You aint no geezer if your taching up to red line and dumping the ole clutch on the GT500. Or maybe tickling the speed limiter laughing as the the engine cuts off then resumes!

I for one stick hit the 12' half pipes with my trusty santa cruz skate board. And I'm 44. You wont hear the word sick from me unless someone is swallowing their own snot. And other such way gross stuff man.

For that price the car should be filled with the tears of virgins!

j/k

I'd pay it just to know the dealership recorded that they did the oil change. I had an 01 that's engine blew and they said it was because of an incorrect oil change.

Checked their records - they had done the last one.

So it's a good and bad thing, good because it covers you, but bad because they have just as much of a chance of XXXXXXX it up as the next guy. :hysterical:

I got my engine replaced for $50 bucks, which is my out of pocket for it. Not bad, and of course the rental was free.

Might want to watch the language DC...thanks.

Dave

You're lucky! LOL!

In our *first* brush with the law regarding no front plate, I got cited (and yelled at pretty bad by the husband). In our *second* brush, it happened to him, only that time, there wasn't any yelling, maybe a discreet smirk on my part. All times following that yielded written warnings, verbal warnings, and eye rolling as I drove off.

You're lucky! LOL!

In our *first* brush with the law regarding no front plate, I got cited (and yelled at pretty bad by the husband). In our *second* brush, it happened to him, only that time, there wasn't any yelling, maybe a discreet smirk on my part. All times following that yielded written warnings, verbal warnings, and eye rolling as I drove off.

Sounds like a number of stops. Approximately how many?

Sounds like a number of stops. Approximately how many?

If I had to guess, I'd say I've had at least 7 warnings in addition to the citation and court date. The husband has had it twice.

It's weird, because the town we live in (we refer to it as Mayberry) *really* tries to crack down on the "no front plate" violation. All of the surrounding towns don't really seem to care much. Granted, in those towns, you'll get the evil eye, but I've never been stopped by any of those officers. All of our offenses have occured in our town (Amherst), and my citation was in Kipton.

If I had to guess, I'd say I've had at least 7 warnings in addition to the citation and court date. The husband has had it twice.

It's weird, because the town we live in (we refer to it as Mayberry) *really* tries to crack down on the "no front plate" violation. All of the surrounding towns don't really seem to care much. Granted, in those towns, you'll get the evil eye, but I've never been stopped by any of those officers. All of our offenses have occured in our town (Amherst), and my citation was in Kipton.

At what point do you succomb to the law and mount the plate? That's a question I may have to ask myself down the road.

I havn't seen that. Is it available in any states?

The other night in the License plate thread. There is 2 of them. A guy went down to a sign shop and dropped off his plate and had them make replicas of it out of vinyl. The he just stuck them on the cars front bumper. He had a few spares made too.

I guess Im one of the few people surprised that you were charged. I have had my 05 Mustang Gt in for about twelve oil changes and everyone was covered under warranty as well as all of my services. Same with my Shelby. Are they suppose to charge for an oil change?

Oil changes are not covered under warranty, but some dealers do them free as part of a service agreement or to get you back for other types of service later.

On this car, free oil changes would be a huge benefit given the cost of the oil. But it would probably not go over well if you took it in for a free oil change and said "Just give me the parts...I'll do it myself". :fan:

Dave

Archived