TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Playstation 3 vs GT500

mrdci

Just looking at some of the Playstation 3's on Ebay and I am thinking the same people buying them are the same ones buying GT500s. Who pays $3000 for a $600 dollar gaming system instead of waiting until Feb to get it for retail. I guess when you look at the $25k that people are paying over for the GT500 thats only a 50 percent markup and these are going for 500 percent over. Maybe if I'd preordered enough PS3's I could have bought a Shelby with the markup.

last night I heard the scgt500 Co-pilot was thinking of selling her kids unit. It is slightly used, but they are suppose to be run hard anyways. You could probably get it for a good deal. Or may I suggest you settle for a X-box. :baby:

The difference is it is not Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy marking the price up on them from MSRP is it?

No, all retailers must sell the console for the same price. "Unilaterally priced items".

They try and cut a profit, they get fined, and lose their deal to sell sony game products at all.

It's the schmucks who buy & then resell on ebay that get the profit.

- Tony

Just looking at some of the Playstation 3's on Ebay and I am thinking the same people buying them are the same ones buying GT500s. Who pays $3000 for a $600 dollar gaming system instead of waiting until Feb to get it for retail. I guess when you look at the $25k that people are paying over for the GT500 thats only a 50 percent markup and these are going for 500 percent over. Maybe if I'd preordered enough PS3's I could have bought a Shelby with the markup.

Sell 19 PS3's at 3k each with 2.4k profit each & you got your Shelby coupe :hysterical:

You guys are way off. My wife sells on EBAY and one of the PS3's went off at $31,000.!!!! Two guys got in a bid war in the last hour!!!

Two others have gone off at around $14,000!!

Some folks went around to all of the PS3 auctions, and had fake bidding wars, marking them all up. Really screwed up a lot of the PS3 auctions with false bids.

Most auctions legitimately ended up around $2k - $5k or so.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6161967.html

- Tony

Archived