TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3.4 whipple

Bassaholic

I would like to upgrade to the whipple or other supercharger upgrade but im unsure of if there is any internal engine work that has to be done. I would not like to do any of that but just to add stuff like a throttle body, injectors, and such to max it out as much and i can on pump gas before ripping the motor apart. But unsure of how much psi i can go before getting my self into trouble. Thanks!

I would like to upgrade to the whipple or other supercharger upgrade but im unsure of if there is any internal engine work that has to be done. I would not like to do any of that but just to add stuff like a throttle body, injectors, and such to max it out as much and i can on pump gas before ripping the motor apart. But unsure of how much psi i can go before getting my self into trouble. Thanks!
You will not need to do any internal upgrades. You will need to address the fuel systems (maybe injectors, boost a bump). 16#s of boost all day long should be fine.

If you looking to max it out on pump gas then you should go with the Whipple Monoblade, Diablo Mafia, a CAI of your chosing (C&L on mine), 72# injectors, spark plugs, KB BAP (Boost-A-Pump), upgraded H/E (Revan Racing recommended), Revan Racing Radiator. That will give you right around 17-18#'s of boost. Anything above that and you really should mix with higher octane gas. The biggest factor to prolonging engine life is making sure you don't rev your RPM's past about 6300... This is just my $.02

sweet! do you know if i can run that much boost on the 2.9 whipple or tvs? i just dont know if getting the 3.4 would be a waste if it can be done fine with the other two and put out about the same power.

I guess what im trying to ask is is running 17-18boost on a 2.9 whipple going to give the same power as 17-18 on the 3.4 whipple and the 3.4 is just for running like 25lbs or higher?

sweet! do you know if i can run that much boost on the 2.9 whipple or tvs? i just dont know if getting the 3.4 would be a waste if it can be done fine with the other two and put out about the same power.

I guess what im trying to ask is is running 17-18boost on a 2.9 whipple going to give the same power as 17-18 on the 3.4 whipple and the 3.4 is just for running like 25lbs or higher?

I would like to hear the opinions on the above question and what is the wrhp for 17-18 #'s?

Archived