TEAM SHELBY FORUM

If You Pass Gas You Will Be Labeled a Terrorist!!

Yesterday we heard that if you are pro-life, are a veteran, or basically disagreed with Obama in any way, you are a potential terrorist.

Today we learn that if you pass gas, you are endangering human life - which I assume also means you are a potential terrorist. Well maybe I'm exaggerating just a little, but this is only the beginning!

Does this mean that all cows must be exterminated?

Does this mean that we may no longer exhale?

Is this the beginning of outlawing the running and driving of all classic cars?

Where in the world do these fools come up with this nonsense???? :headscratch::headscratch:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100da...climate-change/

Yesterday we heard that if you are pro-life, are a veteran, or basically disagreed with Obama in any way, you are a potential terrorist.

Today we learn that if you pass gas, you are endangering human life - which I assume also means you are a potential terrorist. Well maybe I'm exaggerating just a little, but this is only the beginning!

Where in the world do these fools come up with this nonsense???? :headscratch::headscratch:

...I just terrorized my wife this morning..........course everyone knows I'm just a badcat.... :hysterical:

The "fool" that came up with the above "nonsense" would be "you"??????????? :hysterical:

The "fool" that came up with the above "nonsense" would be "you"??????????? :hysterical:

Nope, it was the Obama EPA my friend. YOUR people.

The "EPA" is so far up your bung that they make you "assume" wild opinions?????? :hysterical:

Spoken like a true Liberal - you should be proud.

The "EPA" is so far up your bung that they make you "assume" wild opinions?????? :hysterical:

...not really trying to pick a fight, but I have done law enforcement for the epa for almost 30 years......you might be surprised by how far removed from reality some of these folks are.......it happens when you are an agency filled with people who have only worked for government bureaucracies....

...not really trying to pick a fight, but I have done law enforcement for the epa for almost 30 years......you might be surprised by how far removed from reality some of these folks are.......it happens when you are an agency filled with people who have only worked for government bureaucracies....

Would be interesting to read some experiences you have had over the 30 years????????

Would be interesting to read some experiences you have had over the 30 years????????

...it was a lot wilder in the early days of what I regulate (hazardous waste)... (such as finding 20 tons of surplus rocket propellant in room adjacent to a cabinet shop, next to a fairly upscale housing area...caused the fire marshal who was with me a near heart attack)...now a days most businesses have a better handle on what they should be doing....or at least are a bit more scared of us........what we are finding to be the greatest challenge right now is the old and large warehouse/distribution centers (with a lot of stuff in the corners that they can't afford to do anything with) and closed facilities in older industrial areas (most of these were never cleaned out....owners/operators just walked away from them)......these issues take so many resources that we can only handle a few at a time........really have only scratched the surface of the problem

...once in a while we deal with a problem that makes you feel a sense of accomplishment....just found a deserted set of buildings, owned by a city, in the midst of a low income housing area....not only was this site (about 5 acres) being used as a dump for trash and old tires, but the buildings contained a witches brew of old chemicals, etc, as well as a transformer leaking PCBs......no gates or building doors, and fencing was destroyed.....no family should have to tolerate that mess in their backyard.......hopefully the city will feel enough pressure to clean it all up.

I believe we in California have the strongest envirenmental laws and regulations in the nation.

I have heard of businesses being shut down if they do not report to the authorities emedietly

following a hazmat spill or incident and complete report involving all personell involved.

...it was a lot wilder in the early days of what I regulate (hazardous waste)... (such as finding 20 tons of surplus rocket propellant in room adjacent to a cabinet shop, next to a fairly upscale housing area...caused the fire marshal who was with me a near heart attack)...now a days most businesses have a better handle on what they should be doing....or at least are a bit more scared of us........what we are finding to be the greatest challenge right now is the old and large warehouse/distribution centers (with a lot of stuff in the corners that they can't afford to do anything with) and closed facilities in older industrial areas (most of these were never cleaned out....owners/operators just walked away from them)......these issues take so many resources that we can only handle a few at a time........really have only scratched the surface of the problem

...once in a while we deal with a problem that makes you feel a sense of accomplishment....just found a deserted set of buildings, owned by a city, in the midst of a low income housing area....not only was this site (about 5 acres) being used as a dump for trash and old tires, but the buildings contained a witches brew of old chemicals, etc, as well as a transformer leaking PCBs......no gates or building doors, and fencing was destroyed.....no family should have to tolerate that mess in their backyard.......hopefully the city will feel enough pressure to clean it all up.

That's amazing... and I'm assuming you have to be talking about here in the US, although I would never like to hear it!! Quite a few years ago, here in Ohio, there was a middle school where the kids were getting cancer - WAY more than normal. They later found out that the Army had buried some bad stuff beneath the school, which used to be an Army supply area... It's kind of creepy, to think this "Erin Brokovich" stuff really goes on here...

I believe we in California have the strongest envirenmental laws and regulations in the nation.

I have heard of businesses being shut down if they do not report to the authorities emedietly

following a hazmat spill or incident and complete report involving all personell involved.

I'm a native of California, although I don't live there anymore. I used to think that there always seemed to be a lot of trash on the side of the roads when I used to take trips with my parents when I was a kid, you know, on the freeways and all. Some places you go... it just doesn't seem like a squared-away State, which is ironic because of all the laws they DO have in place....

That's amazing... and I'm assuming you have to be talking about here in the US, although I would never like to hear it!! Quite a few years ago, here in Ohio, there was a middle school where the kids were getting cancer - WAY more than normal. They later found out that the Army had buried some bad stuff beneath the school, which used to be an Army supply area... It's kind of creepy, to think this "Erin Brokovich" stuff really goes on here...

I'm a native of California, although I don't live there anymore. I used to think that there always seemed to be a lot of trash on the side of the roads when I used to take trips with my parents when I was a kid, you know, on the freeways and all. Some places you go... it just doesn't seem like a squared-away State, which is ironic because of all the laws they DO have in place....

..when you are looking for old dump sites and disposal areas, you check out three types of situations, where land was probably obtained free or very cheaply.....parks, schools and low income housing.....doesn't say much about us, does it????

oh well, guess it provides job security for guys like me..... :censored:

Wal-Mart is trying their best to HELP.........If 200 Million people buy just ONE Florescent Light Bulb, it will save 11 Million Cars....... :happy feet:

..did you realize that in a couple of years, you will not be able to buy regular incandescent light bulbs?? Congress passed an energy standard for light bulbs that incandescents will not be able to ever meet, so if you want to keep using, you'd better stock up.....

..did you realize that in a couple of years, you will not be able to buy regular incandescent light bulbs?? Congress passed an energy standard for light bulbs that incandescents will not be able to ever meet, so if you want to keep using, you'd better stock up.....

Yeah, I heard that.................. :censored:

..when you are looking for old dump sites and disposal areas, you check out three types of situations, where land was probably obtained free or very cheaply.....parks, schools and low income housing.....doesn't say much about us, does it????

oh well, guess it provides job security for guys like me..... :censored:

Wull, yah, I don't know if... I would want to do what you do. Granted it sounds like you're doing a good thing but man, it must be pretty depressing to see up close and personal what we're doing to the environment. It's just disgusting, really...

It makes sense though that these problem areas are most likely the places where it can be "swept under the rug" with least notice.

Wow. This might explain the black SUV tailing me after last weekend's BBQ and cheap beer :hysterical:

Archived