TEAM SHELBY FORUM

68 style Hood for gt500

94gt

The link above explains who made the hood and for whom. I for one hate the hood on the factory gt500. It looks even worse on the convertible because the stripes on the coupe hide those ugly raised extracters to a degree. Polls I ran on svtperformance.com a while back before the production car was revealed showed people disliked the newer hood compared to the 2005 New York Auto Show hood by 90%. Otherwise the car is fine. The hood here is retro as it should be.

The link above explains who made the hood and for whom. I for one hate the hood on the factory gt500.

Your Linky no worky.

You hate the hood. You hate the stripes. To each thier own.

That is what makes us, and our Mustangs unique.

Post a photo of your car when it is finished.

:shift:

The link above explains who made the hood and for whom. I for one hate the hood on the factory gt500. It looks even worse on the convertible because the stripes on the coupe hide those ugly raised extracters to a degree. Polls I ran on svtperformance.com a while back before the production car was revealed showed people disliked the newer hood compared to the 2005 New York Auto Show hood by 90%. Otherwise the car is fine. The hood here is retro as it should be.

94GT'

Do you own a GT500 ?

post-2997-1163797799_thumb.jpgpost-2997-1163797700_thumb.jpgpost-2997-1163797590_thumb.jpgMM & FF made a statement in their august 2006 issue "the hood grilles just sit there like an afterthought. If you are going to call something "GT500" use a 68-style Shelby hood with forward facing scoops at the leading edge of the nose. Then add air extractors somewhere else on the hood, again a la 68 Shelby". I agree wholeheartledly. The 68 Shelby hood was used as the inspiration for the 2005 mustang concept at all the autoshows in 2004. It is also the inspirastion for the hood in the prototype 2009 mustang in the November issue of road and track magazine.

post-2997-1163797590_thumb.jpg

post-2997-1163797700_thumb.jpg

post-2997-1163797799_thumb.jpg

Thankfully water doesn't poor into the air extractors of the current hood! So when it rains you will never have to worry about water dripping through the vents, and yes I am being sarcastic!

Hi 94GT,

3rd request.

Do you have a GT500 ?

Thankfully water doesn't poor into the air extractors of the current hood! So when it rains you will never have to worry about water dripping through the vents, and yes I am being sarcastic!

yeah , I think if you were to have as much rain as we've had in past weeks up here in the NW, then some rain would probably get in if you were stuck in traffic and not moving, but my guess is that if you were driving in the rain at regular highway speeds, the air movement over the car causes a slight suction of air from under the hood to outside, so little if any would actually get through, and even if it did, it would probably evaporate from the heat.

yeah , I think if you were to have as much rain as we've had in past weeks up here in the NW, then some rain would probably get in if you were suck in traffic and not moving, but my guess is that if you were driving in the rain at regular highway speeds, the air movement over the car causes a slight suction of air from under the hood to outside, so little if any would actually get through, and even if it did, it would probably evaporate from the heat.

I thought these cars were ment to drive in the good weather only, I heard they would melt in the rain. LOL. This car will be a recreational cruzer for me, so it probally will not get caught in the bad weather to often.

I thought these cars were ment to drive in the good weather only, I heard they would melt in the rain. LOL. This car will be a recreational cruzer for me, so it probally will not get caught in the bad weather to often.

kinda tough not getting caught in the rain from time to time here near Portland

Not all of us have that luxury, Rob. Mine will be driven very frequently in rain, as I also live in the lovely Pacific North West and have no choice in the matter. I've heard that water will literally pour through those vents, making it near impossible to keep the engine compartment from getting wet. Hopefully that only means detailing the motor will be a pain, and no other problems arise as a result.

Not all of us have that luxury, Rob. Mine will be driven very frequently in rain, as I also live in the lovely Pacific North West and have no choice in the matter. I've heard that water will literally pour through those vents, making it near impossible to keep the engine compartment from getting wet. Hopefully that only means detailing the motor will be a pain, and no other problems arise as a result.

I would love to drive this car to work everyday, but since I am in const., I have to drive a work truck during the day. I was only kidding about the rain. awatters has a good point about the vents and the air flow. Do you have your car now?

yeah, you'd just tear up a nice car driving it to construction sites everyday.

My work truck is a traveling billboard anyway for the company I work for.

I will probably end up moving back to SoCal

I worked in San Jose on a job for the winter last year. I could never live there.

IMO it Sucks.

Archived