TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My H-Pipe and KR mufflers sound clip

Grabber

I just can't....can't...go the route of cutting out the X-Pipe. That is just to much of a one-way mod for me at this time.

But those KR mufflers are going on when a weekend happens where there is no rain!

Is the popping when I let off the accelerator the only "negative" for leaving the X-Pipe in?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just can't....can't...go the route of cutting out the X-Pipe. That is just to much of a one-way mod for me at this time.

But those KR mufflers are going on when a weekend happens where there is no rain!

Is the popping when I let off the accelerator the only "negative" for leaving the X-Pipe in?

What a gorgeous red package you have in your sig!

What a gorgeous red package you have in your sig!

Thanks!

Black w/red is the thing for me. The red appearance package was actually not availble for my 2008, so as a condition of sale, after I purchased the car, the original white stripes were replaced with red ones as "dealer installed accessories"

I love the sound of the KR mufflers and the x-pipe. It sounds exotic. And it pops. If you don't want pops, just push the clutch in. That is what I do comming into a town or when I see the men in blue.

I'd probably like the H pipe, too, but I don't want 1 way mod and also don't want to buy a complete replacement x-pipe assenbly to have on hand. Probably shouldn't worry about it, however, since Ford built like a million of these things and I am sure plenty will be available from scrap yards down the road.

I just like the KR X-Pipe sound. Everybody has different opinions on this front....

• 4 months later...
Bump for 1badshow - Don

1BADSHO TO U SIRE :happy feet:

thanks rob .... i did try to call u .. did u change cells ?

it really sounds bad ass !

just bolt on .. right ?

1BADSHO TO U SIRE happy feet.gif

thanks rob .... i did try to call u .. did u change cells ?

Yes...that number was my company cell phone that I have had forever. My employer took it away from me. With the economy the way it is......and construction in the toilet here....I lost my management position as a Supt., company truck, gas card, paid vacations, paid sick time and holidays, bonuses, and took a 50% reduction in pay to go back out in the field as a regular Journeyman Carpenter.

Damn! Rob that sucks!!!!!!!!!!

It is what it is.

Change !

I'm making the best of it.

I'm back to my roots working with a bunch of good guys that I have known for years.

I'm actually enjoying it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Have had the KR mufflers now for almost 5 mths and love them. Love the sound both at all speeds ... windows up or down.

I bought the H pipe to but its a wall ornament. Havent put it on because I love the sounds as is so much.

It seems those who bought the KR's and than installed the H pipe ... it does make the exhaust sound a tad louder ... a bit deeper bass wise.

My only concern driving is at Hwy speed w/ 410 gears. I generally am at 2250 rpms around 7- I believe ( if my memory serves me correct ).

I dont mind the KR Mufflers at all at interstate speed .... just dont want the sound any louder ... every other type of driving ... doesnt matter :happy feet: :happy feet: bring the rumble on !!

I'm still enjoying your H-pipe set up. happy%20feet.gif

• 2 months later...

I have the H pipe and the mufflers on mine w/ a 3.4L whipple and a 3 speed auto w/ OD and I love the hiway. Not too obnoxios at all. But to each there own and I understand completely, but you should at least try it once and see what you think. I know you'll love it and wont go back!

Who mde thse pipes for you ? I would buy a set for mine . Ilove the sound of H Pipe's .

PHRP makes the kit. I have a set with clamps that I never put on. If interested you can have for$150. Retails for $275. if i can remember. I can send you pics.

Ron

PHRP makes the kit. I have a set with clamps that I never put on. If interested you can have for$150. Retails for $275. if i can remember. I can send you pics.

Ron

Ron, sent you a PM or eMail (not sure what one) about your H-Pier for sale. Thanks!

PHRP makes the kit. I have a set with clamps that I never put on. If interested you can have for$150. Retails for $275.

Ron

According to PHRP website, the price is $350.

Wow.

I see that now, after fishing through their site. The link to the pipe does have mention of the clamps being available separately at the bottom.

http://www.powerhous...1&product_id=65

How often have these gone on sale?

Not sure on the sales, but it might be worth a phone call to them to ask.

Going on sale right NOW!!! $300.00 I will keep this sale until we sell 5 H pipes. Powerhouse Racing and Performance. (PHRP)

GO HERE

Wes, I registered, added the pipe to my cart, clicked on checkout, filled out all the necessary fields...

But when clicking on "confirm order" I get nothing. I double checked everything and tried again. Same result. I then checked my order history and got "You have not made any previous orders!"...

Is something wrong?

Tob

Wes, I registered, added the pipe to my cart, clicked on checkout, filled out all the necessary fields...

But when clicking on "confirm order" I get nothing. I double checked everything and tried again. Same result. I then checked my order history and got "You have not made any previous orders!"...

Is something wrong?

Tob

Tob, YES something went terribly wrong. every time you hit the button you payed for an H pipe??? 18 in total! Thanx for the biz. LOL. I'm refunding all but 1 now. Will ship on monday. Sorry and I'll have it fixed as soon as I can get someone who knows how to fix it on the line.

Ron

Dang Ron... I pm'd you about that a week ago but got no reply. :headscratch:

Archived