TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS shifter

got my SS back, including take off parts. They installed short throw shifter, but didn't install the "shelby" billet shift stick, and I still have factory knob. Isn't SS supposed to come with new white knob. Also I still have factory floor mats. Can any body tell me what I am supposed to have, they seem to keep changing the SS packages.

Al

got my SS back, including take off parts. They installed short throw shifter, but didn't install the "shelby" billet shift stick, and I still have factory knob. Isn't SS supposed to come with new white knob. Also I still have factory floor mats. Can any body tell me what I am supposed to have, they seem to keep changing the SS packages.

Al

Al,

Check the trunk. My mats were in a box in the trunk. As for the shifter I think it is still the stock shaft and knob. You will have a new short throw shifter installed. You can order a Shelby shifter shaft and knob from Shelby parts.

Maybe another member has more information if it has changed.

Al

Al,

Check the trunk. My mats were in a box in the trunk. As for the shifter I think it is still the stock shaft and knob. You will have a new short throw shifter installed. You can order a Shelby shifter shaft and knob from Shelby parts.

Maybe another member has more information if it has changed.

Al

SS retains original shifter handle and knob.

ck

Hi Al. As above, the mats are in the trunk so they don't get dirty and the shift knob stays factory. If the mats aren't there, call Wayne and I'm sure they'll send them to you. The white knob and shift lever are Shelby aftermarket poducts. Personally I like the stock one better anyway. I was glad mine didn't have the white knob. Hope this helps.

Don

Hi Al,

My mats were still in the box in the trunk. Shifter remains stock. I changed mine to the SPP billit shifter with the white ball with 6 speed pattern. It looks great and the shifts are real solid, not mushy as with the stock shifter. It is like driving a different car. I think it is a great add on.

Gary

Hi Al. As above, the mats are in the trunk so they don't get dirty and the shift knob stays factory. If the mats aren't there, call Wayne and I'm sure they'll send them to you. The white knob and shift lever are Shelby aftermarket poducts. Personally I like the stock one better anyway. I was glad mine didn't have the white knob. Hope this helps.

Don

Thanks guys,

No floor mats in the trunk, I will call SH and see what's up. I agree, factory shifter is great, I'll leave it the way it is.

Al

It is a bummer that the the SS package does not include the KR "Hurst like" shifter shaft and white cue ball.

SAI sells it as a upgrade, approx $205.00, chrome shaft with white ball.

or blueovalindustries on ebay sells a black one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-2008-200...%3A1|240%3A1318

or another sells the white one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-09-FORD-...sQ5fAccessories

FordRacingPerformanceParts.com

Black = Part # M-7213-J

White = Part # M-7213-K

Archived