TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Got The Call

mastersmech1

Of course! :banana piano:

And the Baer brakes, GT-H hood and hopefully a few other items if they get updated in time. Otherwise I will have to do it later but I would at least like to get the front brake ducts and driving lights along with the tail lights.

Boo-yeah! :shift:

If I was ordering, we would have (almost) twins...hood...brakes....driving lights...S/C - a "must" -sequentials......not sure on black or white....black is so sinister, but white is so classic....you can always add the bolt-ons later...

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was ordering, we would have (almost) twins...hood...brakes....driving lights...S/C - a "must" -sequentials......not sure on black or white....black is so sinister, but white is so classic....you can always add the bolt-ons later...

So let me get this right. You can order a new Shelby GT with these upgrades done for you while the car is built in Vegas?? then it is delivered to your local Ford Dealer??

So let me get this right. You can order a new Shelby GT with these upgrades done for you while the car is built in Vegas?? then it is delivered to your local Ford Dealer??

I think that remains to be seen. If they do performance mods such as SC, it has to be EPA approved if it comes out of a Ford dealer, but not so if you pick up from Shelby. There are unanswered questions.

I think that remains to be seen. If they do performance mods such as SC, it has to be EPA approved if it comes out of a Ford dealer, but not so if you pick up from Shelby. There are unanswered questions.

Hmmmm....not so unaswered at least with the supercharger. Amy said in not so many words that they could only do the supercharger if the car was picked up at SAI or at least privately shipped. They can not install the supercharger and then sell the car to you through the dealer as a new car. That would require the government testing.

I also believe the same will hold true for the other options (hood, brakes, suspension). If you want the SAI options I think you will have to pick up the car through SAI or install yourself.

Hmmmm....not so unaswered at least with the supercharger. Amy said in not so many words that they could only do the supercharger if the car was picked up at SAI or at least privately shipped. They can not install the supercharger and then sell the car to you through the dealer as a new car. That would require the government testing.

I also believe the same will hold true for the other options (hood, brakes, suspension). If you want the SAI options I think you will have to pick up the car through SAI or install yourself.

Exactly what he said...

If you get the extra options, right now, you have to pick it up in Las Vegas or arrange your own transportation to you from there. If you get just the straight Shelby GT no extra Shelby options then it will be at your dealership no problem.

That is why I love the black! That and this will be my fun car...I have a beater car for everyday driving so it will be easier to keep clean. I'm climbing the walls with anticipation and I dusted off my "Mod book", yes I am a geek. I have one of those green books that military folks can see about anywhere that I have had a list IN ORDER of what I am going to get with prices and I have a basic timeline. What can I say, been planning this for 3 years now so I got bored...

:doh:

Well after ordering a GT500 Vert in March waiting 6 months and no VIN, I sold the deal to a guy in South Carolina. He got to order the car he wanted, and had it shipped to his dealer and He is a Happy man. I still had a hankering for a new Shelby inside me. Today I went to a Ford dealer I have bought 5 vehicles from and lo and behold they had ordered a White one with Manual trans and no one to sell it to!! I took it at MSRP today! I now have a VIN and an estimated delivery of January 12th, 07!! and a Heckuva lot cheaper than a GT500. this car is modified at Shelby's facility just like the old days. that to me gives these a leg up on the GT500. no ADM leaves plenty of room in the checkbook for official "SHELBY" modifications!! I am psyched!!

Well after ordering a GT500 Vert in March waiting 6 months and no VIN, I sold the deal to a guy in South Carolina. He got to order the car he wanted, and had it shipped to his dealer and He is a Happy man. I still had a hankering for a new Shelby inside me. Today I went to a Ford dealer I have bought 5 vehicles from and lo and behold they had ordered a White one with Manual trans and no one to sell it to!! I took it at MSRP today! I now have a VIN and an estimated delivery of January 12th, 07!! and a Heckuva lot cheaper than a GT500. this car is modified at Shelby's facility just like the old days. that to me gives these a leg up on the GT500. no ADM leaves plenty of room in the checkbook for official "SHELBY" modifications!! I am psyched!!

Leg up on the Shelby GT500 :doh:

Be a brother would ya. :baby:

Now, I don't want to start a ruckus, but I think both of these cars rock in their own way. Look at it this way....it's just different ways of destroying the competition-- one is a sniper rifle, and the other is a bazooka! Both cars are great in their own right, and both are Shelby Mustangs. :shift: :burnout:

Yes they are both great cars and both Shelbys. Let's please not have a debate in this thread. A similar debate in another thread created all kinds of problems last weekend. Everybody just be happy with your choice and enjoy.

I am not trying to recreate this decades old debate that involves the 65-67 Shelbys versus the 68-70 Shelbys that were made in Michigan instead of Shelby's facility in LA and Venice California!!

I am just stoked to get a car at MSRP and the kicker for me is the price and the fact that the conversion is done in Vegas by Shelby's people. that said, I went to buy a GT500 this morning and instead of paying over MSRP on it, This was the bone they threw me and I caught it!! I own a 67 GT350 and a 68 GT500 Convertible already. I am getting this car for a daily driver!! :banana piano:

I am not trying to recreate this decades old debate that involves the 65-67 Shelbys versus the 68-70 Shelbys that were made in Michigan instead of Shelby's facility in LA and Venice California!!

I am just stoked to get a car at MSRP and the kicker for me is the price and the fact that the conversion is done in Vegas by Shelby's people. that said, I went to buy a GT500 this morning and instead of paying over MSRP on it, This was the bone they threw me and I caught it!! I own a 67 GT350 and a 68 GT500 Convertible already. I am getting this car for a daily driver!! :banana piano:

Would be nice to see pictures of all three together when the Shelby G.T arrives .

Good Luck

Now, I don't want to start a ruckus, but I think both of these cars rock in their own way. Look at it this way....it's just different ways of destroying the competition-- one is a sniper rifle, and the other is a bazooka! Both cars are great in their own right, and both are Shelby Mustangs. :shift: :burnout:

I like those analogies... :shift:

+1 :shift:

• 1 month later...
Socal,

I ordered mine at MSRP on the 22nd. How do do you know what you're actually going to pay? I have a signed agreement for MSRP too, but theres going to be additional charges from Shelby bringing the car up to at least 36-37K. I don't think anyone of us with one on order know what we're going to pay. Theres a reputable dealer in MN thats already decided to sell the S GT for 30K over list. I think my "signed agreement " will actually be only a right to first refusal agreement when we find out the the "actual price". I hope not but the dealer I spoke with in MN says this is probably the case. :banghead:

What's the trick to finding a dealer that will sell you one for MSRP?

You've got a late start but here is what I would do.

goto www.forddirect.com and search dealer inventories

in your area. Identify dealers that do NOT have a GT

equipped with the Upfitters package.

Upfitters=Shelby GT. If they list one in their inventory

then they are most likely asking an ADM. If they do not list one,

then they have sold/committed to sell their allotment or they do

not know about the Shelby GT. Call the targeted dealers, ask for the

fleet manager, ask appropriate questions. Hope for the best.

.......Email or call around to a lot of dealers and get lucky. I sent email to every dealer in SoCal and then I got lucky and discovered one that sold at MSRP but turned out they also have a working relationship with my employer. I didn't know that until the negotiations started. They originally said $8K ADM.

I think you may be able to wait. Regardless of how awesome I think this car is, especially with the potential of performance upgrades, I don't think the market is going to substain ADM forn this car for long. I may be wrong but thats easy for me to say since I own one.....now if I could just get it out of Vegas. :shrug:

• 1 month later...

Archived