TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Shelby's journey home

Tammy

My husband just landed in ATL and will be leaving at 1:40 est to MCI (kanas city MO) from there it's a rental to springfield MO to pick up our Shelby. I'm so excited! It's a 15 plus hour drive back to SE Georgia. Just wanted to join in and share my shelby's journey home. No bucking and serialized waiting for me just the road home. :banana piano:

Tammy

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rob not friday morning more like friday late afternoon. He's gonna drive tonight and stop and get a room for some sleep then the journey home tomorrow. Clean the garage are you kidding? That's my garage and we have plenty of room. Three Bays out in the garage and then a two car garage at the house. It won't be out in the garage for sometime we don't see bad winters this far down south. I'll keep you posted on the progress. He's getting ready to board the flight to KS now. I can't wait till he get to see and drive the shelby that'll be tonight about 7 est. I'll be talking up a storm when the kids get to bed i'll be to excited to sleep.

Just talked to my husband he's traveling down us71 to joplin then off to I44 to the rental car return where he'll meet my new ride! Should be within 1.5hrs now. I can't wait to hear what he thinks. First impressions and all. I"ll keep you all posted for sure and he has the camera ready to go.

Okay now he's in mt. vernon on I44 just minutes away now from dropping off the rental and pickuping up the Shelby! Motel 6 are you nuts. I'm worried to death about leaving it in a hotel parking lot as it is and it won't be not motel 6>LOL I'm hoping it's in a good town maybe if he backs it in no one will notice it's a shelby you think?

Crap the phone dropped me. He's calling Alamo now to be sure he's in the right place waiting for the call back. I"m so excited. I"m giddy. DH he's calm as a clam always just the opposite. He did pick up a flashlight at the store to inspect the car with. I"m calling the shelby owner now to let him know he's there in springfield.

Rob just stopped and fill up the car for us! He's almost there.

Sorry got excited there. Rob is the guy sellig his car. Selling cause of a job he took that is much further from his home he's racking up miles on the shelby.

Dub and Rob finally found each other at the rental car return area and put me off the phone. :( Not fair i tell ya. I really appreicaite all of you putting up with my posting like this. It's just fun to share it with someone that appreicaites the car. My kids could car less. LOL So now i'm waiting on the money and car to change hands and dh to call me back to give me his impressions of the shelby. As for Dub (dh) it's a nick name give by his late mother since he and his dad share the same name he called him Dub.

The dogs name is Rob.

When you are gone, some day, I am going to come and take your car for a grandma spin. Missy said I could after I help her with a few chores around the house. You are slackin, and I will help you. That is what friends are for.

Crap the phone dropped me. He's calling Alamo now to be sure he's in the right place waiting for the call back. I"m so excited. I"m giddy. DH he's calm as a clam always just the opposite. He did pick up a flashlight at the store to inspect the car with. I"m calling the shelby owner now to let him know he's there in springfield.

Rob just stopped and fill up the car for us! He's almost there.

I didn't know clams were calm. Learn something new every day on this forum. One day it's about termie rods, the next day clams.

Dave

You guys where having such a good time i just went to bed. LOL We'll it was late and i was tired so blame me. He got the car and called to say it's AWESOME, FAT, Quiet and surpised by the interior. He did'nt know it had the red/blk trim. He really said that was a nice touch and looked great. I got to hear him go thru the gears and hear the s/c kick it in! I loved that part. He said the car really wants to break loose easily even with the tc on. He said the car looks amazing though and he's highly impressed with the look and the power. Less than thrilled it's soooo quiet. He said we definetly need exhaust to bring it up a notch. He noted it was much quieter than the 03 cobra stock exhaust in his opinon. He's made it from KS<MO to Oliver Branch MS. He called my cell at 3:15 am my time (est) to tell me he's at a Holiday Inn there and to wake him up at 8 am my time. He's still got 10 hrs to drive home and we have a party starting at 6 tonight so we maybe alittle late for that. I'll keep you guys updated. Can't wait till it's my turn to drive it! Oh and he did mention it being a gas hog.LOL

post-7081-1163764880_thumb.jpgpost-7081-1163764909_thumb.jpgpost-7081-1163764925_thumb.jpgThanks to Rob and his wife Holly who took some pic's for us we now have pics to share. Not good pics of the car but i'd like you point out something to you all. My husband is smiling, ear to ear! My husband never smiles like that and rarely smiles he's just not a guy who shows much emotion but man i don't think i have ever in my 15 years seen him smile like that since our kids where born! Anyways here you go

post-7081-1163764880_thumb.jpg

post-7081-1163764909_thumb.jpg

post-7081-1163764925_thumb.jpg

post-7081-1163764880_thumb.jpgpost-7081-1163764909_thumb.jpgpost-7081-1163764925_thumb.jpgThanks to Rob and his wife Holly who took some pic's for us we now have pics to share. Not good pics of the car but i'd like you point out something to you all. My husband is smiling, ear to ear! My husband never smiles like that and rarely smiles he's just not a guy who shows much emotion but man i don't think i have ever in my 15 years seen him smile like that since our kids where born! Anyways here you go

Congrats Tammy and Dub, The wife and I will be over to see ya'll when I get home and pick up ours. Ebony and Alloy, should make some nice Photos. :hyper:

Enjoy,

Need flash for nite photos Dub :doh:

If I had to guess, I would say that's hubby on the right. He's got a sh!t eating grin. The other guy doesn't look quite as happy. :happy feet:

If I had to guess, I would say that's hubby on the right. He's got a sh!t eating grin. The other guy doesn't look quite as happy. :happy feet:

Ya, I think the other guy just drove a GT500 for the last time. He's not very happy about that. I bet his last drive was a good one :shift:

Archived