TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Get the new stuff!!!

I just got a call from Cynthia and she told me that management had a mtg and now if your car is still in Vegas and you want any of the mods they just announced that they will take your car back in the shop and install them!!!!!!!!! I am soooooo happy. I am getting the brakes(in vista blue), the cooling system, shelby shifter and the premium kicker sound system. It is going to delay getting my car back for 30-60 days, but I am willing to wait. btw, I am on the fence about the seats. What do you guys think? will it be a good thing over time or will it be something that you will regret 3 years from now?

BJ

I just got a call from Cynthia and she told me that management had a mtg and now if your car is still in Vegas and you want any of the mods they just announced that they will take your car back in the shop and install them!!!!!!!!! I am soooooo happy. I am getting the brakes(in vista blue), the cooling system, shelby shifter and the premium kicker sound system. It is going to delay getting my car back for 30-60 days, but I am willing to wait. btw, I am on the fence about the seats. What do you guys think? will it be a good thing over time or will it be something that you will regret 3 years from now?

BJ

Hey BJ, did they give you any quotations on each of the upgrades? I have not seen the Seat Upgrade. You're going to put race seats and a roll cage in the car anyway!!! :shift:

sorry maybe i am a bit slow but what new mods are you talking about?

:headscratch:

New Available Upgrades for the Super Snake:

6 Piston Rear Brakes

Shelby GT500 Performance Cooling Package (Radiator, Heat Exchanger with Dual Puller Fans, Reservoirs)

Kicker Sound System

Seating and Interior Package Upgrade

And there might be more but that's what I know of!

New Available Upgrades for the Super Snake:

6 Piston Rear Brakes

Shelby GT500 Performance Cooling Package (Radiator, Heat Exchanger with Dual Puller Fans, Reservoirs)

Kicker Sound System

Seating and Interior Package Upgrade

And there might be more but that's what I know of!

Got the Performance Cooling Package and the Interior Upgrade. Now I need the Rear Brakes and Kicker Sound System.

:happy feet: :happy feet:

Got the Performance Cooling Package and the Interior Upgrade. Now I need the Rear Brakes and Kicker Sound System.

:happy feet: :happy feet:

Are you going to do anything with the 40th Anniversary Car? Cooling, Brakes, Blower, Griggs...............does it ever stop?

Are you going to do anything with the 40th Anniversary Car? Cooling, Brakes, Blower, Griggs...............does it ever stop?

I agreed with Marji to finish one Shelby at a time. I did however order the Interior upgrade for the 40th. At 20% off, I couldn't pass it up.

It never stops.

so where do we get official description and pricing?

You can find the interior upgrade out on the Shelby Store..

https://www.shelbystore.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=op4

The all new Shelby interior upgrade packages feature a new sporty and elegant Shelby Leather Interior, along with Sport Comfort Foam Driver and Passenger seat back cushion replacements, which offer enhanced racing style shoulder bolsters, increased lumbar support, and increased overall comfort with the addition of high density plush foam. Safety validated, these interior replacement components meet or exceed all factory safety specifications.

The ultimate in Shelby Interiors this package enhances the overall appearance of your vehicle.

Available as a no cost option, your upgraded seats can be ordered in two-tone applications, which give the interior a more distinctive and sporty look. The two-tone applications are accompanied by a matching double stitch, again enhancing the overall aesthetic values of your interior.

Further, the Shelby insignias are embroidered in both front headrests and on the top of the rear seats. These are unique and color-coded to the exterior badging of your car: GT500KR, GT500 SuperSnake, SGT, GT500, GT500 "427", GT500 40th Anniversary, Shelby GT-H or Shelby Terlingua (Shelby Terlingua is its own unique package and comes standard with racing team logo’s and Shelby signatures; see brochure for details).

To maintain the authenticity of these unique interiors, your interior will be added to your cars registration in the Shelby Registry. This process is only available through the Shelby Store.

After you place your order, Shelby will call to arrange your installation with an authorized installation center nation-wide*. The installation and shipping of necessary products are included at no extra charge for those who live in the continental U.S. Please contact us for other pricing.

To ensure the integrity of your original Shelby Automobile, the original upholstery and seat foam will be returned.

Price Includes:

- New Leather Trimmed Interior

- New Passenger and Driver Seat Back Cushions

- Installation

- 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Warranty

Proudly Manufactured in The United States of America!

*Guaranteed Installation Services are only available in the United States and Canada. Installation services for customers outside the United States and Canada will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

You can find the interior upgrade out on the Shelby Store..

https://www.shelbystore.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=op4

The all new Shelby interior upgrade packages feature a new sporty and elegant Shelby Leather Interior, along with Sport Comfort Foam Driver and Passenger seat back cushion replacements, which offer enhanced racing style shoulder bolsters, increased lumbar support, and increased overall comfort with the addition of high density plush foam. Safety validated, these interior replacement components meet or exceed all factory safety specifications.

The ultimate in Shelby Interiors this package enhances the overall appearance of your vehicle.

Available as a no cost option, your upgraded seats can be ordered in two-tone applications, which give the interior a more distinctive and sporty look. The two-tone applications are accompanied by a matching double stitch, again enhancing the overall aesthetic values of your interior.

Further, the Shelby insignias are embroidered in both front headrests and on the top of the rear seats. These are unique and color-coded to the exterior badging of your car: GT500KR, GT500 SuperSnake, SGT, GT500, GT500 "427", GT500 40th Anniversary, Shelby GT-H or Shelby Terlingua (Shelby Terlingua is its own unique package and comes standard with racing team logo’s and Shelby signatures; see brochure for details).

To maintain the authenticity of these unique interiors, your interior will be added to your cars registration in the Shelby Registry. This process is only available through the Shelby Store.

After you place your order, Shelby will call to arrange your installation with an authorized installation center nation-wide*. The installation and shipping of necessary products are included at no extra charge for those who live in the continental U.S. Please contact us for other pricing.

To ensure the integrity of your original Shelby Automobile, the original upholstery and seat foam will be returned.

Price Includes:

- New Leather Trimmed Interior

- New Passenger and Driver Seat Back Cushions

- Installation

- 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Warranty

Proudly Manufactured in The United States of America!

*Guaranteed Installation Services are only available in the United States and Canada. Installation services for customers outside the United States and Canada will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

No cost option? The info I was sent says $1999 installed. Where did you get the no cost option info?

thnx

BJ

i'm a little frustrated here.

i am taking my car in this month for SS package and have not been told (officially) about any of this stuff. Would not even know about it if not for this thread.

Shouldn't there be an official email to those that either on the waiting list, put their deposit down, or purchased the SS so that they are aware of the additional options... and the costs?

is this "exclusive information" for club members? is the $31K i am paying not enough to have access to this information?

if we are paying $31K for the SS package, shouldn't a Shelby club membership be included in that? really?

this is getting a little ridiculous.....

Again I ask: where is the official list and decriptions of upgrades to the SS package available and the costs? from above I see the interior upgrade (at no cost?)... is that right?

i am taking my car in this month for SS package and have not been told (officially) about any of this stuff. Would not even know about it if not for this thread.

Shouldn't there be an official email to those that either on the waiting list, put their deposit down, or purchased the SS so that they are aware of the additional options... and the costs?

is this "exclusive information" for club members? is the $31K i am paying not enough to have access to this information?

if we are paying $31K for the SS package, shouldn't a Shelby club membership be included in that? really?

Again I ask: where is the official list and decriptions of upgrades to the SS package available and the costs? from above I see the interior upgrade (at no cost?)... is that right?

BoneDoc

There was an information 'Leak' about the new products forth coming in an email blast. The official announcments, flyers, product descriptions, pricing etc. are all due to be released by the end of next week. In the interim, feel free to call SAI and talk to your sales person and get any details answered you are looking for prior to getting your car there so you can be in the que for the upgrades you want to add.

Dactyl

here are the prices

Let us know what you’d like added because we have the flag your car. Thanks! J

Interior Upgrade Package

$1999 retail delivered and installed

This price is inclusive of the factory back rest replacement with the

Sport Foam, leather, appropriate logos {427, KR, Super Snake} 2 on the headrests and

2 on the top of the rear seats, 2-tone inserts (complementary color to the exterior of the car), double stitch thread the color of the inserts, delivery of the kit to our facility,

pick up and delivery of the completed seats to the Shelby facility.

White Ball Shifter for $199.95

Replaces the rubber bushed lever and add style to your shifter. Light weight forged 7075 aluminum lever. Featuring the same high durometer polyurethane isolators found in our shifters allowing for more precise shifts! Includes white ball shift knob.

KICKER SOUND SYSTEM for $1,399 (with installation)

These stereo upgrade systems will be available late April for our customers.

It does not change the look of the dash at all and they will have " Shelby " branded speaker grills etc. The sound is great. The red Super Snake and the blue KR have thi s s ystem now for anyone that has not heard it....makes the shaker 1000 seem like an old 8 track and the sub woofer takes up les s s pace and takes half the room in the trunk.

Base System upgrade:

• Direct replacement speakers

Consists of f ron t and rear two-way 6 x 8 speakers

(long-throw, poly-cone midranges with 1-inch,

titanium-dome tweeters)

• 4-channel amplifier

46 x 4 (watts RMS) with advanced 32-bit Digital Signal

Processing (DSP) containing optimized Shelby/KICKER

Performance software made specifically for the vehicle;

DSP in the amp serves as a computer to control the

sound, much like the engine controller for the motor.

Mounting bracket, plug-and-play harness, and hardware

• Performance powered subwoofer

Vehicle-specific subwoofer enclosure

(smaller, lighter, and bigger performance)

200-watt (RMS) subwoofer amplifier

Mounting bracket, plug-and-play harness, and hardware

Premium System upgrade

$1649 with installation

(replacing Shaker 500 or 1000)

• Contains all Base System upgrades, plus:

Two 8-inch woofers (long-throw, poly-cone)

with adapterrings, grilles, and hardware

Shelby KICKER System Characteristics:

• Make no mistake, the systems are Carroll Shelby all the way –

extremely high performance while reducing overall vehicle weight.

• Significantly louder and clearer than stock system,

and dramatically improves low, mid and high-frequency response.

• Though remarkably improving output, subwoofer is only half the size of a stock sub and

reduce s s ubwoofer weight by 60 percent. Vastly increases cargo space in trunk.

• Systems installed at an authorized Mod Center or installed as part of a package;

eligible for Registry listing.

• All parts meet or exceed OEM specifications for fit, function, and EMC .

• True OEM connectors and plug-and-play

Cooling System upgrade

$2,995 with installation

Rear Brake upgrade

$3,995 with installation

Colors available:

Red, Blue, Black and Orange

The info is coming. They have all of the info for you if you give them a shout or when you get there they will go through it with you. I just dropped off my car and got a chance to chat with Gary and Roger. They were great. They were able to show me most of the upgrades on the cars in the museum (Shifter, brakes, cooling upgrade).

Cheers

Brett

Did all of the mods- Got a call from SAI while "baby" was in QC last week- since she's a 427 figured might as well have her done up right! Brakes in black- but had a moment and got the seats in black and blue- figured she needed alittle color. They said they would try really hard to have her done before July for me- so I can take her out for my birthday! Did say they didn't expect to get all the coolant systems till the end of May, but again- want her done up right and Doug, Bud and the group have bent over backwards for us-

Did all of the mods- Got a call from SAI while "baby" was in QC last week- since she's a 427 figured might as well have her done up right! Brakes in black- but had a moment and got the seats in black and blue- figured she needed alittle color. They said they would try really hard to have her done before July for me- so I can take her out for my birthday! Did say they didn't expect to get all the coolant systems till the end of May, but again- want her done up right and Doug, Bud and the group have bent over backwards for us-

Just an FYI. I am bending over backwards to get the cooling systems completed and sent ASAP!! We are going to get these out as fast as possible without jeopardizing quality control.

Everybody should also keep in mind that the cooling package is 100% made in the USA and each piece is hand made by people that take pride in their work. The difference is in the quality and craftsmanship. The cooling package makes all of the difference in the world when you want to sustain power. Thanks for ordering the package, you are going to love it!

Dactyl

Just an FYI. I am bending over backwards to get the cooling systems completed and sent ASAP!! We are going to get these out as fast as possible without jeopardizing quality control.

Everybody should also keep in mind that the cooling package is 100% made in the USA and each piece is hand made by people that take pride in their work. The difference is in the quality and craftsmanship. The cooling package makes all of the difference in the world when you want to sustain power. Thanks for ordering the package, you are going to love it!

Dactyl

You can say that again. I've tracked my Shelby before and after and the difference is obvious.

Dactyl

Nice to hear, as my car is also waiting for the extra cooling. :) Can't wait to get my car back with all the nice mods. My mod shop told me that the parts will be in sooner than first thought. :happy feet: Thanks for making a great product to keep our 725hp beasts cool. :drool:

• 4 months later...

Dactyl

DACTYL---SORRY IF I MISSED THE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS. CAN THE COOLING PACKAGE BE ORDERED AND SENT TO THOSE WHO ALREADY HAVE SS'S THEIR CARS? MINE WAS DONE A BOUT 18 MONTHS AGO. WHAT IS THE COST? WHAT IS THE PHYSICAL CAPACITY DIFFERENCE IN COOLING FLUID? MOST OF THE CARS I'VE SEEN----ALL OF THE CARS DONE-THERE'S 5 SS'S IN OUR COLORADO SHELBY CLUB THAT HAVE THE COOLING PACKAGE THE LETTERING ON THE LOWER FRONT IS BLACK WHICH MEANS YOU CAN'T SEE IT BECAUSE IT'S BLACK ON BLACK WHEN I WAS AT SHELBY A MONTH AGO THERE WERE CARS ON THE LIFT WHERE THE LETTERING ON THE LOWER FRONT WAS WHITE AND THAT REALLY SHOWED UP AND LOOKED NICE.

THANKS

BOB

bob

Archived