TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shaker 1000 vs 500?

69deluxe

My dealer called me today and I got excited because I thought his next words would be "Here's your VIN#!" Instead, he said that the regional rep could get my car scheduled for next week (whatever that means?), BUT it would not have the Shaker 1000 option. :banghead: Apparently, they don't have enough parts and there is no expected ETA. I thought the Shaker 1000 issues was only linked to convertibles. I ordered a coupe!

Ultimately, I said I've waited 7 months already and it'll start snowing soon, so I'll wait for the Shaker 1000 even if it means an extra 2-3 more months. I understand from this forum that the suspension may be tweaked as well starting in December (has that been confirmed?). I'm not a patient man as it may appear from my reply, but I want what I ordered and don't want to feel like I settled for less.

So here are my questions:

First, other than the two extra speakers and the large casket in the trunk, are there other options bundled into the Shaker 1000 package? I wasn't sure if the trip computer, Mycolor, or anything else was linked to that option and didn't want to miss out.

Second, How can there be a shortage of these units when this radio is an option for the mainstream mustangs as well?

If they removed the jack and spare tire to get rid of weight for performance, why would you add the casket in the trunk. It weighs as much as the tire and jack. :shrug:

Well, I was more worried about what else may be missing! Shaker 500 folks, do you have the trip computer, Mycolor, etc. Are there options that you don't have that the Shaker 1000 option has (other than the speakers and subwoofer)?

My dealer called me today and I got excited because I thought his next words would be "Here's your VIN#!" Instead, he said that the regional rep could get my car scheduled for next week (whatever that means?), BUT it would not have the Shaker 1000 option. :banghead: Apparently, they don't have enough parts and there is no expected ETA. I thought the Shaker 1000 issues was only linked to convertibles. I ordered a coupe!

Ultimately, I said I've waited 7 months already and it'll start snowing soon, so I'll wait for the Shaker 1000 even if it means an extra 2-3 more months. I understand from this forum that the suspension may be tweaked as well starting in December (has that been confirmed?). I'm not a patient man as it may appear from my reply, but I want what I ordered and don't want to feel like I settled for less.

First, other than the two extra speakers and the large casket in the trunk, are there other options bundled into the Shaker 1000 package? I wasn't sure if the trip computer, Mycolor, or anything else was linked to that option and didn't want to miss out.

Second, How can there be a shortage of these units when this radio is an option for the mainstream mustangs as well?

I work for a ford store and all our sales people say the shaker 1000 isnt worth the extra $$$

I too agree that the shaker 500 is fine.

Suggestion: go to a ford store with your favorite CD ... listen to both in a mustang on there lot .. make a decsion.

I like the 500 for a variety of reasons .. less expensive and and u have more truck room to name the top two

dond

post-7556-1163685679_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1163685679_thumb.jpg

Mine has been on "Shaker 1000" hold as well, I ordered mine in April 06. To add to the mystery of this topic, a VERY good friend of mine called me last night from his Shelby GT500. He ordered his 7 weeks ago at a dealer in Jacksonville FL, where he lives, and was driving it 7 weeks later WITH the Shaker 1000 stereo system! So...makes you wonder if the regional reps are misleading the sales guys, or are the sales guys misleading customers. (such as myself and 69delux)

My conspiracy theory is: The dealers, and especially SVT dealers, are manipulating delivery dates toward the end of 06, as they have probably met thier volume numbers, and are now "managing" units into 2007 delivery, which would count toward thier 2007 sales targets.

Just my 2 cents....and from someone still waiting for mine to come in....

One note on the 500... if you hit the "menu" button and flip through them, mine defaulted one of the options to "driver's seat". I changed it to "whole car" or something similar (can't remember exactly what the name was) and it vastly improved the sound for anyone else in the car with me. It's basically a preset that adjusts the audio for the driver / front / back / everyone, and the default left any passengers hanging. Also the bass in the music seems more firm now that I've switched it - probably because it's using all the speakers equally to deliver that punch.

IMO the 500 is fine. (In my younger days, I would have insisted on the 1000 though)

- Tony

Mine has been on "Shaker 1000" hold as well, I ordered mine in April 06. To add to the mystery of this topic, a VERY good friend of mine called me last night from his Shelby GT500. He ordered his 7 weeks ago at a dealer in Jacksonville FL, where he lives, and was driving it 7 weeks later WITH the Shaker 1000 stereo system! So...makes you wonder if the regional reps are misleading the sales guys, or are the sales guys misleading customers. (such as myself and 69delux)

My conspiracy theory is: The dealers, and especially SVT dealers, are manipulating delivery dates toward the end of 06, as they have probably met thier volume numbers, and are now "managing" units into 2007 delivery, which would count toward thier 2007 sales targets.

Just my 2 cents....and from someone still waiting for mine to come in....

As a dealer this wouldnt surprise me

dond

Well, I was more worried about what else may be missing! Shaker 500 folks, do you have the trip computer, Mycolor, etc. Are there options that you don't have that the Shaker 1000 option has (other than the speakers and subwoofer)?

The shaker 1000 does have more power (watts) which does better the sound.

You dont lose any other features except truck space.

I saw the job 2 order form and it looks like the Nav/dvd option is not avail. with the shaker 1000?

:shrug:

go back to the original 07MY projection sheets & I think it said their was a 70% split for Shaker 1000 vs. the Shaker 500, samething for the Verts. Check the "down load" section Robert has on this site for the document. hope this helps answer why.

First - No

Second - How do you know it's a "shortage"? Perhaps they have plenty, but for some other reason they can't build with them.

You gotta make your own choices, but I'd be saying Shaker 500. How do you know it will only be 2-3 month delay? I'd be really upset if because you stuck with 1000, you didn't get your car until July and half the summer is gone. :drop:

Good luck,

Dave

You gotta make your own choices, but I'd be saying Shaker 500. How do you know it will only be 2-3 month delay? I'd be really upset if because you stuck with 1000, you didn't get your car until July and half the summer is gone. :drop:

That's pessimistic, I would say that half the summer still remains! :hysterical:

Seriously, I don't know if it will be only a 2-3 month delay. You could be right, but it's what I want so I'll wait.

That's pessimistic, I would say that half the summer still remains! :hysterical:

Seriously, I don't know if it will be only a 2-3 month delay. You could be right, but it's what I want so I'll wait.

Ok, so I'm confused. You asked for our opinions...most of us said take the 500, and you decide on waiting for the 1000 anyway? :doh: Why even ask us? Geesh. :rant: You know that if you ask our opinion, you MUST do what we say. :hysterical:

Dave

Archived