TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oh Daddy, Today is the day!!!

90GT

Whoo Hooo, finally worked out all the details with my dealer and ordered a 07 GT today!!! :hyper:

Here's the specs:

07 GT Deluxe trim

5 spd

Satin Silver with dark charcoal cloth

interior upgrade package

spoiler delete

3:55 gears

I went with a real basic car because most of the stuff like the wheels and stereo I'll be replacing. I also went with the dark trim panel on the interior upgrade package. Dark IUP Package

Total cost on the car was just under 26 grand. Now the long waiting process begins. :cry: My dealer is estimating the car will be here at the end of Jan or early Feb. Gives me some time to save more money and work on my mod list for Santa. :D

90 GT - :banana piano: :hyper: :happy feet: :shift:

You've got plenty of time now to think about what you want to do to your Inbound Hot Rod!

Keep us posted, you hear? :shift:

Oh will do!!! I already have plans for a JLT CAI/Bamachips tune, wheels/tires and exhaust. That should do it for the first round of mods. :shift:

Congrats, 90GT! It's nice to see that in this day and age of huge wings on even the lowliest of economy cars, that some of us have resisted temptation and gone with the spoiler delete!

Considering the manual transmissions are now available to order without restriction, and that you didn't opt for the 18" factory wheels (which are restricted quantities still), I wouldn't be surprised if your order gets pulled, built, and shipped sooner than you're expecting. The factory closes for 2 weeks around Xmas, but you may still see your car in early to mid January.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Nov 16 2006, 01:44 PM) 61081[/snapback]

Congrats, 90GT! It's nice to see that in this day and age of huge wings on even the lowliest of economy cars, that some of us have resisted temptation and gone with the spoiler delete!

Considering the manual transmissions are now available to order without restriction, and that you didn't opt for the 18" factory wheels (which are restricted quantities still), I wouldn't be surprised if your order gets pulled, built, and shipped sooner than you're expecting. The factory closes for 2 weeks around Xmas, but you may still see your car in early to mid January.

Nice, I love to have it before the end of Jan. Waiting sucks!!! :banghead:

I had to go with the spoiler delete option, the car looks cleaner in my opinion. The wheels I may update at some point in the future but for now the stock 17's will do the job. Want to try and keep the sleeper look!!! :spiteful:

PitPup,

whatever happened to the tinted tail lights? I think it looked better with them tinted the red didn't just yell out at you "STOP" they blended in and made a much smoother look to the rear. J.M.O.

I plan to tint all of my lights on the Ol GT when it get's here Blk on Blk with tinted lights would look Vadar like

What is MSRP on a base Mustang GT and what can you get one for?

Total on my car was $26320.46 (invoice) less the customer cash back of $500.00 the grand total was $25820.46 and that includes tax/tags.

Nice call on the 3.55:1 gears. You'd be surprised how many people miss that one. It won't be long until we see you in that new Stang...

The 3.55 gears was the first option I checked. :shift:

One he!! of a buy. :happy feet:

I was considering waiting for the Shelby GT but I couldn't pass up this deal. :happy feet: Plus there will most likely be ADM's on the Shelby GT any way. I'll just have fun driving and modding this car with the money I saved. :shift:

Spoiler delete?

Oh, Daddy! :shift:

Less is More.

Yup, had to get the spoiler delete. Just looks cleaner IMO. Now I have to decide on what wheels to get for the car.... :headscratch:

Congratulations! I noticed you didn't opt for the 18" wheels which really increases your change of getting yours built pretty quickly. Bet you can't wait :banana piano:

I hope it comes earlier than expected. Maybe then I can get in some quality driving time before the winter weather sets in.

Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to do suspension and wheels/tires first or go right for the power mods. :sos:

I'm looking at these wheels:

weds_tc_005_gry_ci3_l.jpg

18X8 in front and 18X10 in the rear

along with Steeda's G trac stage 1 suspension kit: Steeda G Trac Stage 1

Thought's or input???

Cool wheels! I'm going with the FRP F500's which are 18"x9" and look a lot like the ones you're considering. I love the staggered idea, however, and bet that looks great. The stock 18's tire pressure sender units can be taken off and used on the new wheels. What are you going to do about that? BTW I don't think its a big deal and my favorite fix was the "duct tape" idea. I didn't even know that there was a tire pressure monitoring system until I read about it here.

Cool wheels! I'm going with the FRP F500's which are 18"x9" and look a lot like the ones you're considering. I love the staggered idea, however, and bet that looks great. The stock 18's tire pressure sender units can be taken off and used on the new wheels. What are you going to do about that? BTW I don't think its a big deal and my favorite fix was the "duct tape" idea. I didn't even know that there was a tire pressure monitoring system until I read about it here.

The TPS sensor should transfer over to the new wheels no problem. I picked these wheels because the look like the FR500's but these only weigh 19 lbs a piece. :hyper:

Update!!!

Got my Dora (not Dora the explorer) yesterday!!! It shows priority code 10, does any one know what this means???

I'm also going to be ordering my wheels and tires soon. Wheels are shown in the post above and the tires will be BFG g-Force KDW 2's in 275/35/18 on front and 295/35/18 on the rear. :shift:

Oh, Daddy!

It all sounds good, man.

295's on the rear? That's a lot of rubber! And - 275's in front? Whew!

Love the rims. Good form.

About the springs - I have the FRPP springs and they lowered the car 1.5 f and r. I would have liked 2" in the rear. But - with your tire/rim combo - it may look like it's lower.

Can't wait for some pics! :hyper:

Oh, Daddy!

It all sounds good, man.

295's on the rear? That's a lot of rubber! And - 275's in front? Whew!

Love the rims. Good form.

About the springs - I have the FRPP springs and they lowered the car 1.5 f and r. I would have liked 2" in the rear. But - with your tire/rim combo - it may look like it's lower.

Can't wait for some pics! :hyper:

Yeah the tires are huge but the Steeda springs are not as agressive as the FRPP springs in the lowering department. The Steeda springs lower the car 1 inch in the front and 1.25 inch in the rear. If I went any lower I might have fitment problems but with this kit I should be fine.

Archived