TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Valencia Yellow/Orange???

DutchGT500

Sweet, that color with Tungsten stripes is going to be hot, a little too flashy for my taste, but still hot.

The car looks like it might be a GT or a V6 with the pony package? There seems to be headlights in the grill and, from what I can tell, the wheels look like Bullitt's.

Sweet, that color with Tungsten stripes is going to be hot, a little too flashy for my taste, but still hot.

The car looks like it might be a GT or a V6 with the pony package? There seems to be headlights in the grill and, from what I can tell, the wheels look like Bullitt's.

Definitely has the pony package. Not convinced that it's Valencia, although this is what I first thought the color was to look like. Did Brad post this as Valencia?

Again--NICE FIND, NVWSSV !!!

The color in the blurry picture reminds me too much of a glass of Tropicana orange juice. I'm not that crazy about driving around town and reminding everyone to take their vitamins..

Now, the color on the GTR, is for me... If they only would give me the option of a black stripe.. Drool..

Hey Crispy, what do you think, Valencia Yellow with black lemans stripes and a blabk convertible top.

I'm excited again.......

Here's Valencia Orange on the GTR & Ford GTX1, so my assumption is that this is it under different lights:

Yeah crispy,

I think the YELLOW on the GTR is probably close, if not the colour.

Quit prey'in for Orange Mrsuds.....let it go!!!

Valentia Yellow.

KingCobra.

Yeah crispy,

I think the YELLOW on the GTR is probably close, if not the colour.

Quit prey'in for Orange Mrsuds.....let it go!!!

Valentia Yellow.

KingCobra.

Maybe the guy who was mixing the paint was having a bad day and added too much red because that color looks ORANGE..

I'm better now.

BTW - The little white pills where no longer working so now I'm taking a pretty pink one.. :blink:

NICE! And nice to see that you still can't make up your mind either! :)

Suds, it doesn't take much to get you going .......time to break out the vitamins again! :blink:

Pretty pink pill, Pretty pink pill, Pretty pink pill...

Here's Valencia Orange on the GTR & Ford GTX1, so my assumption is that this is it under different lights:

I think they are the same color orange/yellow and with Tungsten stripes I am getting to like it more and more. Maybe Black stripes are better, but Tungsten is pretty dark with a nice metallic reflection.

Let's all hope it's not bright yellow.

Here is what I found on the Ford media site.

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_dis...m?release=17442

The color of the GTR is called Valencia Orange. The color of the GTX1 is called Valencia Yellow.

So I think the GT500 will be the same color. I take my coupe with Tungsten stripes.

Maybe Valencia Orange is more yellowish and Valencia Yellow more orangish like above. :blink:

Nice catch, Pat! Tunnnnngggsten stripes would look nice on this, IMO

And, Joe...don't you know? In fancy talk, that's what they call 'Corporate Logic'! :blink:

So, MR SUDS......are we now going with Valencia???

I'm strongly headed in that direction. I still would love to see pictures of the car. I'm sitting quietly on my hands waiting for Frod to release more pictures in different colors.

But it is killing me...

I'm strongly headed in that direction. I still would love to see pictures of the car. I'm sitting quietly on my hands waiting for Frod to release more pictures in different colors.

But it is killing me...

I am heading more and more towards Valencia (if it is the GTR color). First choice was white (classic Shelby look), then vista blue and then valencia.

On our big Mustang event a German guy named Harry Heinen has a orange GT that he painted himself when the car had less then a few miles on. Personally I think it is too orange for me. :blink:

Not too bad I kind of like it ,but not my color, I did like the hood locks . Any close-up pics of them or any info on them?

Not too bad I kind of like it ,but not my color, I did like the hood locks . Any close-up pics of them or any info on them?

No close-ups of the hood pins. Too bad. He matches his 66 too.

Yeah, I like the hood pins too!!!

And I've always liked Euro licience plates too,

long and narrow.

North American plates are fatter, and don't fit the bumpers as well.

KingCobra.

In The Netherlands we use the yellow with black letters and for classics the old plates blue with white letters. American car owners may use the small style as shown here if there is no room between the taillights. On my Explorer I have the regular plates. Bluh.

111_1108.JPG

112_1221.JPG

111_1108.JPG

112_1221.JPG

Boy, I still love that 69. :bowdown: Dad had one when I was little, just like it. I've been looking for one for a while to go with my 68.

Also a Winter Blue one with a 428 CJ shaker engine. My car originally spent its live around Greenville, Greer, Spartanburg, SC area.

Also a Winter Blue one with a 428 CJ shaker engine. My car originally spent its live around Greenville, Greer, Spartanburg, SC area.

It's a real beauty.

You should be proud to have it.

I like the hood pins you have on it. Would you consider putting hood pins on your new GT500???

KingCobra.

Don't remember the color's name, but I remember it was blue w/ the black hood, and had the 428CJ. We lived in Chicago. He had sold it before he passed in 1980.

Any pictures of the interior??

Don't remember the color's name, but I remember it was blue w/ the black hood, and had the 428CJ. We lived in Chicago. He had sold it before he passed in 1980.

Any pictures of the interior??

Yeah some interior and under-the -hood shots would be great.

KingCobra.

Archived