TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alloy Dave has been segmented

Alloy Dave

B&W,

Since you can't pick up your car till Friday, what will you do to keep sane. How far of a drive is it to your dealer. I bet that is killin you to wait.

Rob

It's about 600 miles from here in Mississippi to Indiana, but I'm going to stop in Rolla, MO first to get my old man to go as a father/son road trip to get my baby.

And yes, the wait is killing me! But my girlfriend has been helpful with some stress relief in the meantime.

I noticed that I failed to put that it was a corvette that my Mustang is currently bunking with!

Dave

Dave,

When you get your car, are you going to drive it stock, or are you going to make changes right off the bat. I have been thinking about this, and I tend to want to leave mine stock. Maybe change the mufflers after awhile. B)

Well, I won't drive it in the winter, so it will sit for 3 months or so. However, I'll probably drive it for a month or two before making any changes. Then I'll pick a few. I will eventually make a few minor changes, but I'm not looking to spend a ton of money...perhaps a tune and CAI, possibly a gear.

Dave

Blue Moon is good stuff, especially with a lemon wedge. Mine is scheduled for delivery around the exact same time as yours. Ebony with Tungsten.

My information as of Monday 11/20/07 was in production this week and ETA of 12/07/06 to dealer outside of Atlanta, Georgia, kep me posted about your car. It appears I am in the same grouping. :happy feet:

Update: As of today at 12:45 PM, CS tells me my status has changed to "released from plant". Estimated delivery date has moved out a bit, they gave me a range of Dec. 11th through the 18th.

Dave

Did you get this info from Ford or your dealer. With mine Ford was telling me about a week later than my dealer was. As it turned out, my dealer was closer. It came the day after my dealer was telling me but about 6 days before ford said it would.

Kirk

Our build date is 11/27 also. Vista Blue with white stripes.

They said delivery around 12/10. That would be.............aw.....................nice!

We will trailer it home as we are in the midwest and weather will probably be nasty enough.

I received a vin # on my paperwork.

Merry Christmas to us!

I hope your delivery goes quicker than mine. My car had an estimated build date of October 16th. The actual build date ended up being October 19th. Estimated delivery was November 3rd. I'm still waiting for delivery and it's November 22nd. It was listed as Released from Foreign Plant for an eternity and is now suppose to be on a train (bound to no where). We'll see.

hsurb

I hope your delivery goes quicker than mine. My car had an estimated build date of October 16th. The actual build date ended up being October 19th. Estimated delivery was November 3rd. I'm still waiting for delivery and it's November 22nd. It was listed as Released from Foreign Plant for an eternity and is now suppose to be on a train (bound to no where). We'll see.

hsurb

I just got off the phone with the VOPC, My car was built on 11/20 and released to motor convoy on 11/21 with an ETA of 12/7/06 to Loganville, Georgia. I ask for train info, but she insisted is coming via truck. :banana piano:

Did you get this info from Ford or your dealer. With mine Ford was telling me about a week later than my dealer was. As it turned out, my dealer was closer. It came the day after my dealer was telling me but about 6 days before ford said it would.

Kirk

I got this from Ford. I have read many times that Ford has been wrong...I'm paying close attention and have my dealer aware that it could be there at any time.

Dave

I got this from Ford. I have read many times that Ford has been wrong...I'm paying close attention and have my dealer aware that it could be there at any time.

Dave

You could only hope. That would be great news if it came early

Dave

You could only hope. That would be great news if it came early

I just received an update from our insider on my vehicle status.

• It is scheduled for 11/27, which means it will be built this week. Just to double check, I called CS today and they said it was "bucked". This is odd, as Ford Customer Service had told me last week it was "released from plant". It's obvious you can't always trust the CS data.
  • Then it will be sent to striping. He said this would take 5-7 business days.
  • Then he asked where I lived. When I told him, he said "you're on the ragged edge...so not sure how it will be shipped". He said anything over 300 miles would typically go rail car. Otherwise it would go on a Holloway (sp?) truck. Does anyone know if that's the type of truck or the name of the company?
  • Estimated arrival date is now December 15th
  • He said he gets about 2 dozen calls like mine each day. I told him I hope it wasn't too much of a burden on him, and he said "It's not too bad. A lot of people have been very nice and called after they received their car to thank me. They all say it was worth the wait."

Dave

• It is scheduled for 11/27, which means it will be built this week. Just to double check, I called CS today and they said it was "bucked". This is odd, as Ford Customer Service had told me last week it was "released from plant". It's obvious you can't always trust the CS data.

• Then he asked where I lived. When I told him, he said "you're on the ragged edge...so not sure how it will be shipped". He said anything over 300 miles would typically go rail car. Otherwise it would go on a Holloway (sp?) truck. Does anyone know if that's the type of truck or the name of the company?

• He said he gets about 2 dozen calls like mine each day. I told him I hope it wasn't too much of a burden on him, and he said "It's not too bad. A lot of people have been very nice and called after they received their car to thank me. They all say it was worth the wait."

Dave

That's great news Dave, Congrats. :rockon:

Now the hard part begins.

:beerchug:

Dave

Great news Dave,

I can tell you are excited. Things are really looking up for you.

Now, about that SOM.....

Dave

Dave,

Just received news mine will be delivered this week via truck all the way, and it will be no later than Friday afternoon.

Dave,

Just received news mine will be delivered this week via truck all the way, and it will be no later than Friday afternoon.

All the way? Well that's really nice of Ford to send it all the way rather than only part way to you. :hysterical2:

Seriously though...where are you located? And who told you the info?

Dave

Dave

..mine is also being built this week, with a stated ETA of 12/14. I'm guessing it will show up 1/14 in the middle of an ice storm :doh:

Dave

Here's my progress report - I hope yours goes better than mine.

9/08 rec'd VIN#

9/13 sequence date

9/23 produced date

9/25 sent for stripes

10/15 1st scheduled arrival date

10/27 actual gate release date

11/13 2nd scheduled arrival date

11/21 actual ship date from plant

12/8-25 3rd scheduled arrival dates

Hopefully yours is not delayed and is on timely schedule. Best of luck!

Here's my progress report - I hope yours goes better than mine.

9/08 rec'd VIN#

9/13 sequence date

9/23 produced date

9/25 sent for stripes

10/15 1st scheduled arrival date

10/27 actual gate release date

11/13 2nd scheduled arrival date

11/21 actual ship date from plant

12/8-25 3rd scheduled arrival dates

Hopefully yours is not delayed and is on timely schedule. Best of luck!

Wow, that would be frustrating. I'll have no fingernails if I go through that.

Hope yours doesn't get delayed yet again.

Dave

..mine is also being built this week, with a stated ETA of 12/14. I guessing it will show up 1/14 in the middle of an ice storm :doh:

Ok, I'll let you get everyone warmed up with pics of yours, then I'll put a bow on mine and show pics on Christmas day. :happy feet:

Wow, that would be frustrating. I'll have no fingernails if I go through that.

Hope yours doesn't get delayed yet again.

Dave

Ok, I'll let you get everyone warmed up with pics of yours, then I'll put a bow on mine and show pics on Christmas day. :happy feet:

congrats dave!

my replacement car was supposed to be delivered 2nd week of december but the order got screwed up so now have to start the process all over again.. I guess thats what happens when you pay BIG bucks for a PL car back in june then it does not show up for 6months....... well kind of showed up but had to be returned and re-ordered.. recd a vin on replacement and was scheduled then a problem so now I have to start all over again

Mine was built Nov. 11th w/ delivery date of Nov. 28th Then it went to Dec. 4th. On Nov. 13th it got a gate pass release and as of today is still in same status since then w/ a new delivery date of Dec. 11-Dec. 18.

so close but so far away! I can't believe all these delivery dates before mine and they are not even built yet. Best of luck but prepare for some delays.

Mine was built Nov. 11th w/ delivery date of Nov. 28th Then it went to Dec. 4th. On Nov. 13th it got a gate pass release and as of today is still in same status since then w/ a new delivery date of Dec. 11-Dec. 18.

so close but so far away! I can't believe all these delivery dates before mine and they are not even built yet. Best of luck but prepare for some delays.

I am prepared. For me, the later the better...I won't be driving it until April anyway.

Archived