TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Get together in Florida

Lutzcat

(mach1fever, Don -see other thread) On December 16th, a Saturday starting at 2 pm, I'll be throwing a Real Southern BBQ. All Shelby owners and future owners are invited. I'm located 5 min. north of Tampa, just off 275 in Lutz. Think it would be great to get all the southern boys and girls together in one place. Horseshoe, beer, ribbs, will be the item of the day, after 11pm strip poker begins, if the women are willin, LOL. Lets see how many Shelbys we can get in one place, don't worry about door dings, can handle about 30 plus, lol

Scott

I'm curious, just how many from the Tampa Bay area are members or read this forum. It is very possible I'm just a bastard child in this area, so I have to out reach to other areas of Florida to find my kind. I told y'all before about the garage queens. Am I all alone.

Help

Scott

I'm curious, just how many from the Tampa Bay area are members or read this forum. It is very possible I'm just a bastard child in this area, so I have to out reach to other areas of Florida to find my kind. I told y'all before about the garage queens. Am I all alone.

Help

Scott

Indiana here, no help. However, I'd suggest you meet at VMP tuning shop. :hysterical:

Sound great, but I'm 650 miles away and no car yet. Have the love bugs gone away yet?

The week before I picked mine up., not one love bug yet!! Scgt500, If you think your alittle off center now, wait til you get yours!!!!!!!!!!! I have to rearrange my face every morning from the stretch marks from smiling.

Scott

You'll always be my 'Love Bug' :wub:

Dave.... :hysterical2:

Count me in .... hopefully i will have my shelby by than and i will bring the guy from our dealership who bought the first shelby from our store. A black convertible

dond

port charlotte fl

scgt - it's only a day's drive down there!

Let me know if you'd like to caravan down with John and I (if John would like to go).

Can a Rufstang come down to the Bikini State for this? :baby:

In the up most southern slang and drawl, you'll welcome, wifey and all. It would be a upmost honor to have the Prof. Ruf here. But you would need to be prepared to have your ass wooped in a set a horse shoes. And please be prepared for alittle debate, southern style!! No mint tulips, just alittle Jose!!

Scott

Count me in .... hopefully i will have my shelby by than and i will bring the guy from our dealership who bought the first shelby from our store. A black convertible

dond

port charlotte fl

Don,

You have to be a must be here and any others, even if you don't have yours, come on up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drive mine, I'm tired of smiling.

Scott

Well - Sir - I must say you have the most righteous language in your very Southern invitation.

May I inquire Sir, of the nearest Respectable establishment for our comforts?

Mrs. Ruf, you know, has a very descriminate palate for lodgings and such.

Edit: Where's the nearest Bed & Breakfast? :shift:

Further - do you foresee any games amongst the assembled partygoers? Perhaps a game of WHO HAS THE FASTEST F**KING CAR?

I beg your pardon, Sir.

My passion, momentarily, got the best of me. :hyper: :baby: :hyper:

Well - Sir - I must say you have the most righteous language in your very Southern invitation.

May I inquire Sir, of the nearest Respectable establishment for our comforts?

Mrs. Ruf, you know, has a very descriminate palate for lodgings and such.

Edit: Where's the nearest Bed & Breakfast? :shift:

Further - do you foresee any games amongst the assembled partygoers? Perhaps a game of WHO HAS THE FASTEST F**KING CAR?

I beg your pardon, Sir.

My passion, momentarily, got the best of me. :hyper: :baby: :hyper:

Speaking in the tongue of my forebearers, a bed would be available in the House of Morton, my dear sir. Surly enough for the wife and the haired spouse with the fast car. Excuse me sir, think that would be called, (Fast $ucking Car) with upgrades. Tis no mansion, but best with the best bed and breakfast with the servants I direct.

Scott L.

(

As of now, the water temp. in the gulf is 71 degrees, shouldn't drop past 65 by 12/16. Gone swimming before on New Years day and temp. would be in the 70s. Hit or miss. Within 5 min. of me there are several hotels in the 40-60 range. Only one I would recommend for safety of the Shelbys. Downtown in Tampa which is 20 min. away you can have the best, and you pay, 120 plus. 45min. to the west is the beaches, 50-140 the max. We have Busch Gardens, a great Aquarium, and Ybor City, kind of like a mini New Orleans with some great craft shops. Would match it against any big city.

Scott

Don't forget the bridge. When we went to Busch Gardens the past 2 years I noticed on the map...Sunshine Skyway Bridge. We had to make the drive...It is awesome!!! I saw the documentary on the Discovery channel, so had to see it.

Mean looking sunsets also.

That bridge has a monster underneath it, one night fishing I seen a bull shark bigger than my boat, the boat is 19 feet. Four years ago a man was eaten when he jump off his pier which was only 1/2 mile away from the bridge. Bull sharks have attacked at least 4 boats in the past few years in the bay, one 22 ft center console, ate off the trim tabs while running 20 mph, another grabbed a Yamaha 90 hp engine and shook the crap out of it with a man and his wife cruising above 15 mph. I quit shark fishing!

Lutzcat

Don't forget the bridge. When we went to Busch Gardens the past 2 years I noticed on the map...Sunshine Skyway Bridge. We had to make the drive...It is awesome!!! I saw the documentary on the Discovery channel, so had to see it.

Mean looking sunsets also.

I agree, I've been over that bridge several times. My dad has a condo on Siesta Key that he rents out, and we go down occasionally. If anyone wants a nice place to stay for a Florida BEACHFRONT vacation, pm me and I can give you info. It's a 2-bedroom, about 1300 square feet I think...with many amenities. Ocean views from every room.

It's not cheap, but I can get some level of discount for you through my dad. You actually have 3 choices of airports when you fly in....Tampa International, St. Petersburgh, and Sarasota Bradenton. Each has it's pros and cons.

Don't ask for exact rates...because they vary. For example, if you called him on October 1st and said "Can I rent it for this coming week?", and it was available...you'd get it dirt cheap since Oct. is not peak season and it would otherwise sit vacant. On the other hand, if you called him today and asked to book it for January 2008 (which IS peak season), it would be very expensive since he has the next 15 months to try and rent it.

Kapish?

Dave

Archived