TEAM SHELBY FORUM

alright, give it up....

carlo

okay went to a very reputable dealer in san jose, I had bought my 05 GT loaded from them, in april 05 when my 05 arrived right on cue exactly to the day they said so……… and on that same day my wife bought a 04 T bird with tons of options upgrades too....( it had been sitting in their showroom, 16 miles on it)

anyway, he called me. I went down last Sunday it doesn’t have the seat upgrade ( color)..its black on black with the metallic stripe which is cool with me…..

he said the msrp is 44k my price 75K of course I heaved a sigh….no sorry etc etc etc…we haggled…I surrender my 05 GT ( in immaculate condition btw only 13k WITH all the factory premium upgrades plus, my flowmasters, CAI and other extras I installed at my cost) they gave me what I wanted for my GT, (20K) but only came down 4 K on the their Msrp add on……..…to 70k….I went outside with wife we had the requisite argument and I called Serromante ford in san fran- their 411 was – none in stock- 6 month wait, minimum, and a waiting list of 165 peeps for one to come in sight unseen…….they are charging 70K straight up NO upgrades…….

Okay….. I bit, I bought it Sunday…and….*uck it..she is, well, sitting in my driveway :shift: (pics to follow) am I sucker?

I don’t know maybe ….I got a car care kit, ( actually 2 packs) and a signed plaqued pic of the original Shelby and a pic of 07s side by side ( the legend lives!!!!) real signed number #57….to hang up…..that was well, a class move and though it comes with the car, no. 57? Had to do it…..so I pulled the trigger…..yea in 6 months some will pay 60k maybe but I have oit now. (while many languish in order hell)…….I have 200 miles on it already and the blower is just starting to whine (theres a built in delay break-in for full power and psi surge) anyway, a great sound….was I bought bought cheap? For those without one it may sound like it…..

What can I say?..I am 46 and frankly, cruising one when I am 60 aint gonna cut, I’de have to re-buy it and pay…….what they are only making 3 model years? Hell with it……..I am a mustang guy ..and it came down to paying the cost..so I did….

Okay….. I bit, I bought it Sunday…and….*uck it..she is, well, sitting in my driveway :shift: (pics to follow) am I sucker?

It is a little too late for buyers remorse on on this one. If the wife and kids are not going to starve and you can keep up with the house payments, then WTF. There have been a few purchases I have made in my life that I found out that I overpaid on and it kinda soured the deal. It is a psychological thing I guess. So if you are going to let it rain on your parade then sell it. If you want it, keep it and charge it up to entertainment, afterall vacations can be expensive and all you end up with is sunburn and pictures. You got a car! :doh:

Hi Carlo - Congrats on the purchase!

You ask us to "give it up."

Give what up??

thank you!!!

give it up regards what you paid............. its fashionable to be the "low person on the block" but looking for honest feedback...

Okay….. I bit, I bought it Sunday…and….*uck it..she is, well, sitting in my driveway (pics to follow) am I sucker?

It is a little too late for buyers remorse on on this one. If the wife and kids are not going to starve and you can keep up with the house payments, then WTF. There have been a few purchases I have made in my life that I found out that I overpaid on and it kinda soured the deal. It is a psychological thing I guess. So if you are going to let it rain on your parade then sell it. If you want it, keep it and charge it up to entertainment, afterall vacations can be expensive and all you end up with is sunburn and pictures. You got a car!

wise advise..thanx…….me and the wife discussed the same thing..can we make it? yea she said..so I said, “welllllll”? she said; “'oh just get it , I am not going to talk you out of it and you’ll sulk for months…"..to true.... :hyper:

you read my mind thanx...its may be a little painful now but that will shake out.... :ohsnap:

thank you!!!

give it up regards what you paid............. its fashionable to be the "low person on the block" but looking for honest feedback...

wise advise..thanx…….me and the wife discussed the same thing..can we make it? yea she said..so I said, “welllllll”? she said; “'oh just get it , I am not going to talk you out of it and you’ll sulk for months…"..to true.... :hyper:

you read my mind thanx...its may be a little painful now but that will shake out.... :ohsnap:

If you are happy with the car and what you paid, hold your head high and make that S/C whine. We and anyone else doesn't matter we think. No guilt.

If you are happy with the car and what you paid, hold your head high and make that S/C whine. We and anyone else doesn't matter we think. No guilt.

thanx sandy.... I am a little overwhlemed I actually got it, price etc. but in the end, its a net add of $400.00 a month and I can thank god, afford it.....okay with that..so vroom vroom.... :shift:

I just don't want to feel ripped off..but as you alluded, its all relative...and frankly I don't..I am just wondering what "deals are out there”………. serrmonate suggested I try someone in the Midwest and see if I could make it work regards transport costs and cost under msrd to see if I could make it less...but in the end…naaaaaaa

congratulations; you have a great car :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

as long as you don't have to give up on the essentials of life, adm is a personal issue; we have a lot of diversity here, some paying adm, some not, and one guy just got one for 200 under list :doh:

drive it, enjoy it, and don't second guess yourself or worry about what others think!

...and what's wrong with driving a shelby when you are 60???? only a short 7 1/2 years away for me :doh:

and I guarantee no one is going to be prying my shelby keys away from me for a good long while

John

If you're happy with the car, it doesn't matter what you paid for it. There are some of us lower and a few higher - at least you have one in your driveway. I have a price, I have a VIN#, I have a production date, and I have a gate release date, but my car is still in Flat Rock.

Carlos -

There is a lot of material about "prices paid" in history here at stangsunleashed. We paid $5000 over MSRP - I figured Ford must of underpriced it - LOL

Our dealer said he had dealers offering quite a bit more but he wanted to keep it in the family (2nd Cousins and the dealer loves his cars) so he sold it to us. I think he is as excited as we are....btw....we are in Missouri at a rural dealer.

Congrats - you will be able to tell the stories to your grandkids about when you took her out driving.....how many stories do you have to pass down? It's just about priceless.

Geez, this board is turning in to a regular confessional. What anyone pays for a car, much less a GT500 is NOBODY'S BUSINESS. 99% of everyone that refuses to pay an ADM does not have a GT500, and most likely will not have one anytime in the near future - to each his/her own. Hell, if I could afford it, I'd pay the ADM too. To me, the car is worth every penny especially when you consider that for a few extra $K (pulley, exhaust, and tuning), it'll put down 600 hp all day long. Now, make a list of every new production car that puts out that kind of power for under $70k - it's a short list. Now make a list of every car that has that kind of power regardless of price - that's a short list too, but how much money did you save by buying the Shelby? Probably enough to buy a vacation home somewhere. I remember a while back, someone pointed out that a $20k ADM was a waste because among other things, it was equivalent to two years of college that you could have paid towards your kids' education. Well guess what, even if you paid MSRP, that's like 4 years' worth of college on its own, so if you're going to burn four years, what's another two?

There's a million different ways to look at it, but the bottom line is, you got one, now enjoy it!!

...oh, and yes, congratulations!

You have a GT500 in your driveway. It sounds like you have the means to afford it, and still enjoy the other things in life with your family. Family is the most important, so make them 1st and the car 2nd, then it's all good. :D

okay went to a very reputable dealer in san jose, I had bought my 05 GT loaded from them, in april 05 when my 05 arrived right on cue exactly to the day they said so……… and on that same day my wife bought a 04 T bird with tons of options upgrades too....( it had been sitting in their showroom, 16 miles on it)

anyway, he called me. I went down last Sunday it doesn’t have the seat upgrade ( color)..its black on black with the metallic stripe which is cool with me…..

he said the msrp is 44k my price 75K of course I heaved a sigh….no sorry etc etc etc…we haggled…I surrender my 05 GT ( in immaculate condition btw only 13k WITH all the factory premium upgrades plus, my flowmasters, CAI and other extras I installed at my cost) they gave me what I wanted for my GT, (20K) but only came down 4 K on the their Msrp add on……..…to 70k….I went outside with wife we had the requisite argument and I called Serromante ford in san fran- their 411 was – none in stock- 6 month wait, minimum, and a waiting list of 165 peeps for one to come in sight unseen…….they are charging 70K straight up NO upgrades…….

I don’t know maybe ….I got a car care kit, ( actually 2 packs) and a signed plaqued pic of the original Shelby and a pic of 07s side by side ( the legend lives!!!!) real signed number #57….to hang up…..that was well, a class move and though it comes with the car, no. 57? Had to do it…..so I pulled the trigger…..yea in 6 months some will pay 60k maybe but I have oit now. (while many languish in order hell)…….I have 200 miles on it already and the blower is just starting to whine (theres a built in delay break-in for full power and psi surge) anyway, a great sound….was I bought bought cheap? For those without one it may sound like it…..

What can I say?..I am 46 and frankly, cruising one when I am 60 aint gonna cut, I’de have to re-buy it and pay…….what they are only making 3 model years? Hell with it……..I am a mustang guy ..and it came down to paying the cost..so I did….

That sounds insanely excessive to me to pay for a modified Mustang at the end of the day. I mean you could have had a new Porsche for that? Glad you're happy, but wow... I'd have to be growing money trees to feel ok about shelling that much out for this car.

It's a great car, don't get me wrong... but 70k great? Dunno on that... I think the MSRP is more than fair personally.

Grats though.

That sounds insanely excessive to me to pay for a modified Mustang at the end of the day.

I had to go back to the 1st post to see what mods were on the car, because I missed that when I read it. After I read it, I then realised that you, in your own way are slamming the SHELBY, by calling it a "modified mustang". This is my opinion, and maybe that it not what you meant, but it sure comes across that way. :(

I had to go back to the 1st post to see what mods were on the car, because I missed that when I read it. After I read it, I then realised that you, in your own way are slamming the SHELBY, by calling it a "modified mustang". This is my opinion, and maybe that it not what you meant, but it sure comes across that way. :(

My 04 Cobra is basically a heavily modified Mustang platform car. The Shelby is the same thing? Most of the body on both my car, and the new Shelby are taken from the Mustang in addition to a myriad of other parts. At it's soul and base it's a Mustang, as is my car. A heavily modified Mustang but a Mustang all the same. Look above your rear view mirror, see that Mustang?

Why is it on this board, it's a bad thing that this car is a Mustang? My car is a Mustang, a Cobra SVT Mustang, but a Mustang all the same.

When did Mustang become a dirty word? Without it, this car wouldn't ever even exist. :idea:

...A heavily modified Mustang but a Mustang all the same...

This is a moot point. Please show me a Shelby product that isn't a "heavily modified" something. Hell, even the most original Shelby, the AC Cobra is a modified AC Bristol body.

The list for "original" design cars is very short and very expensive. I know that I can't afford a Saleen S7, Ford GT or the like. I can afford an '07 Shelby, and it's sitting outside right know.

Carlo, you did OK on the ADM. CA prices will always be higher than the rest of the US. Hell, if you own a home, sell it, move to the midwest or south and buy yourself a Ford GT with the profit. The rest of the nation looks at us and shake their heads when they hear that people pay $750k for a 1500 sq.ft. house on a tiny little lot. But they don't live here and we do. That's fine with me. There's already too much traffic.

Congrats on owning a Shelby. You now know what it's like to drive and enjoy one. There aren't many others that can say that, yet.

If you want a pat on the back for your new Shelby, I say a heartfelt "Congratulations !!"

But for me, paying nearly 26k more for the cars' MSRP and losing your prized and loved Mustang GT, I find that tough to agree that that is the right thing to do. However, if your budget can swing it, and your financial advisors (including your wife) praise you for this purchase, then I say more power to you. Be happy with your new toy and "ride like the wind!!"

Hope you injoy your car. I know i love mine. But i got a good deal 48k out the door it = right at 2k over and i have had it since 9/16/06. If you have the money why not. 70K for a mustang its not that nice i think for 70k you could get into a 1966+ gt350 or gt500 right? If anyone wants a Vista blue GT500 ill take 66k and ill even ship it to you door...

Enjoy it. I could care less what you paid. It's your money, spend it however you want. Hell, I know a guy who makes $90,000 a year, lives in a tiny house, but buys $100 cigars. He thinks I'm nuts for spending so much money on cars. He does what he wants, I do what I want...we are friends...except he can't smoke around me since I don't like smoke. :hysterical:

Dave

Enjoy it. I could care less what you paid. It's your money, spend it however you want. Hell, I know a guy who makes $90,000 a year, lives in a tiny house, but buys $100 cigars. He thinks I'm nuts for spending so much money on cars. He does what he wants, I do what I want...we are friends...except he can't smoke around me since I don't like smoke. :hysterical:

Dave

thank you all….really….maybe I was in shock…..on my way to the dealer today I let it out a bit…..uhmm wow? Jeez…I down shifted to 4th stomped it and blowed to 5th ands 6th....well there he goes., like a speck in the rear view...

I have driven it for 5 days now...have had the 'looks' from many (yea guess I am a bit vain ..but when you got it flaunt it right?), and passed a few GT's that I let catch up and all gave me the big thumbs up...yea..its worth it...I got a Taurus rental sitting in my driveway while they install the Lojack tonight....

I just hung my Shelby “The Legend Lives” framed , #57…shows the original GT 500 KR and the 07…signed by Carroll Shelby himself..it is Sweet…..!!! ( I was told everyone is supposed to get one????)

anyway….after saying good bye to my 05 GT….(hey it was hard for me okay? I loved that car…)

I am all in…...all the frigging way,…I post some pics this weekend……

For those that referred to the cost..you’re right..it aint money..its..well, knowing that, you have what 99.9% of the pop. cannot have and never will…it is well, buying excellence…..carried to the ninth degree… the dealer told me to google a motor trend article that compares the 07 shelby to the viper and z corvette and rates OUR car by far the most enviable, unless you garage its ass for 3 out of 4 weeks of the month and screw that…I want to drive..dig it? The Pony wants to run..you know?

When I dropped off my car for the lojak today they had a red convertible on the floor…85K….they told me straight up, NO offers entertained…under 85 or die..which to me means 80K to me, but hey…..wtf…they can get it…I am sure they will…

Thanx to all…I was a little shocked at first hence my initial post…me? A classic? 26K over msrp??is it me?

I needed the support, and thank you all for it….. but I guess what I needed really was to drive my ASS in it long enough to say; “yo, *uc the rest ya’ll, see my taillights and styling?.yea, you do don’t you”….so it goes….. Epiphany….

Heartfelt Thanx all…Shelby..now, then and forever..the rest? Cheap imitations……

OHHHHH and Mr. Dodge Challenger? ( hey I had a love affair after watching Vanishing Point too) I’ll see you on the road…oh, and dude,.............pack a *ucking lunch…yeaaaaaaaaaa

Definitely a serious case of S.P.E.E.D

Coldwater's Definition:

Here is another one for you.... S.P.E.E.D.

We seriously need to get some type of a Shelby HOTLINE phone number to call in to for those of us that can’t seem to quit driving this car and when we do park it, we start to go through a thing called S.P.E.E.D. “Shelby Power Excitement Every Day” withdrawals. This is where the Driver wants to go back out on the road & drive it for miles on end all over again regardless of how many miles they are puting on the car. As soon as more members get their cars this is going to be a nationwide epidemic & we need to start looking for a cure now before we lose someone. anyone have any suggestions?

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived