TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Launch With TC?

I have read many articles discussing launching the GT500 with the TC on and goes going wide open and letting the TC do all the work.

Does this really work? If so, what is the ideal RPM to let the clutch fly???

I have been too chicken sh1t to try this.

Just my opinion but here goes...

Get some experience with the TC off. The TC really bogs the car down and probably will help with stock F1s but if you change to stickier tires you should know how to drive the car and manage it when aggressively driving it. Learn when the car will bog and when it will spin. Experiment with your launching to know what RPMs you can launch at without bogging but without blowing the tires off. You can not learn this with TC on.

Have fun and drive it!

I have read many articles discussing launching the GT500 with the TC on and goes going wide open and letting the TC do all the work.

Does this really work? If so, what is the ideal RPM to let the clutch fly???

I have been too chicken sh1t to try this.

Most of the early magazine tests said that they could get 4.5 0-60 when they would dump the clutch at 2500 and then floor it. With TC off, they could either (1)manage a best of 4.3 or (2)sit and spin...

Never tried it.

actually i was told that the gt500 had a sort of built in launch control, i used it a few times at the track and had pretty decent results, with the TC on bring it up to 3k and dump the clutch and mash the throttle, it worked really well when my car was only making 525 or so, but now with the KB i think it is just too much power for it to modulate.

Archived