TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tungsten Terlingua Build

check6

Thanks for the info Leann. Much appreciated. I'm sorry, but it must have been Blip who went with the 8.8.

Thanks again,

Terry

Yep, we went added the 8.8 rear with the 3.73 gears with auto trany, however can't tell you how it drives yet...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leann your car is excellent!

3.73 gears are great. we have them one our automatic. It really make the bunny jump off the line with little effort. I think the 3.73s would peep up just about anything. I can't believe the difference it makes. It is well worth it. I can't wait to get them in my SGT.

:happy feet: Hi all. Just got back from the Queen Mary Mustang Show in Long Beach. The Terlingua earned a second place in a field of 9 Shelby's. They had us in the Shelby GT class, so I am happy with the results. I just love driving this car.

Now for some questions. The rear fascia they are using on the Terlinguas is the California Special one. They are no longer using the GT 500 fascia that would have needed to be filled. The California Special fascia does not have any cut outs, thus no holes to fill.

You all have convinced me to use 3.73 gears over the 3.55 even though mine is an automatic. It's cool they work so well with the auto.

Our next event is SHELBY BASH 2010 :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I'm really glad you all like the car, and want to thank everyone for the comments!

I JUST LOVE THIS CAR!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :drool:

:happy feet: Hi all. Just got back from the Queen Mary Mustang Show in Long Beach. The Terlingua earned a second place in a field of 9 Shelby's. They had us in the Shelby GT class, so I am happy with the results. I just love driving this car.

Now for some questions. The rear fascia they are using on the Terlinguas is the California Special one. They are no longer using the GT 500 fascia that would have needed to be filled. The California Special fascia does not have any cut outs, thus no holes to fill.

You all have convinced me to use 3.73 gears over the 3.55 even though mine is an automatic. It's cool they work so well with the auto.

I'm really glad you all like the car, and want to thank everyone for the comments!

As link sez "Roll Bunnies"!!!

We are glad for you!

VB

I must not be reading this correctly; I have intimate experience with two GT/CS rear fascias, and they both have a notch for the exhaust tips.

I understood the only difference between GT500 and GT/CS rear fascias was the GT500 had the bottom portion of the fender section painted black, where the GT/CS blackness was restricted to the "diffuser" section.

Any road, your car is a beauty and deserves a first-in-class award.

3102875867_9586a4c905_t.jpg 3939875174_e128580b6d_t.jpg

:headscratch: Hi Frank! The rear fascia info is what SAI told me. It does not have any holes for exiting any exhaust. I'll take a pic and post. I wonder if this is something new for the Terlinguas..... :headscratch:

Looks as if SAI got a part number not available to Ford carmakers. Or they did a little plastic welding, as someone else suggested. Looks to me as if you could make a slightly better one from two, by cutting out two diffuser fins and sticking those parts in the gaps near the ends. More expensive than a patch, but it would cover that bare space.

3939180751_9fde73e0fc_t.jpg

Ok, I got two pics of the lower rear fascia. One shows that the black (a dark gray) goes all the way around to the tire, like the GT 500 does. The second shows no exhaust cut outs, or plugs, in the lower fascia. I ran my hands under the back and could not feel any roughness or plug areas. So, you got me. If they plug it, I can't tell.

HPIM0836.jpg

HPIM0830.jpg

:headscratch: Leann

Congrats on getting the award!

Very interesting stuff on the rear fascia, the one on ours sure looks like the GT500 unit.

(It has the black color wrapping around to the fenders.)

I think there's just one other base car with rear exit exhaust--guess we'll have a couple of odd-ball cars for the Terlingua registry.

dudley001-1.jpg

Congrats on getting the award!

Very interesting stuff on the rear fascia, the one on ours sure looks like the GT500 unit.

(It has the black color wrapping around to the fenders.)

I think there's just one other base car with rear exit exhaust--guess we'll have a couple of odd-ball cars for the Terlingua registry.

dudley001-1.jpg

That would be us......................and apparently the only base car with a 5-speed tranny so far...........

p1013207.jpg

Shot with E-500 at 2009-07-05

Yup. it looks like there will be a few different ones out there :)

To try and clear up a couple of little things..............

We are still using the stock GT500 rear fascia's. We do block off the cut out and fill it in and reshoot it. Kinda looks cool :)

On Leann's car, it was supposed to have the same rear fascia. But I think the tech's missed the early morning memo and did the side exhaust version. :hysterical: :happy feet: It was going to be installed when the car came back for the power upgrades. We just got a little head start on it :)

And I could personally say that her car looked GREAT!!!!!!!!

And congrats again on your second place win too!!!!! That was too cool!!!!!

Oh, and it only took me 4 1/2 hours to get back home from the Queen Mary show.. Traffic was heavy through the city, but when it opened up, I think we averaged around 85-90mph almost all the way home!!!! I am still amazed how comfortable this car is :happy feet:

Bud

:happy feet: :happy feet: Morning Bud! Great to see you and your wife at the show yesterday, but I know that is a long drive to make. You made fairly good time.

I have to tell you that, once again, you and your team have astounded me! I can not see, or feel, any filler in that rear fascia! :happy feet: A fantastic job. I like the GT 500 fascia more than the California Special as it goes all the way to the wheel cut out. Cool beans! (oh I mean peppers!) :happy feet: :happy feet:

Thanks for the second place win, and that without opening the hood! A tribute to your workmanship!

I've been busy this morning getting set up for the Shelby Bash before my first class pours in, so got to run....thanks again Bud!

Yup. it looks like there will be a few different ones out there :)

To try and clear up a couple of little things..............

We are still using the stock GT500 rear fascia's. We do block off the cut out and fill it in and reshoot it. Kinda looks cool :)

On Leann's car, it was supposed to have the same rear fascia. But I think the tech's missed the early morning memo and did the side exhaust version. :hysterical: :happy feet: It was going to be installed when the car came back for the power upgrades. We just got a little head start on it :)

And I could personally say that her car looked GREAT!!!!!!!!

And congrats again on your second place win too!!!!! That was too cool!!!!!

Oh, and it only took me 4 1/2 hours to get back home from the Queen Mary show.. Traffic was heavy through the city, but when it opened up, I think we averaged around 85-90mph almost all the way home!!!! I am still amazed how comfortable this car is :happy feet:

Bud

Hi Bud

Thanks for the information. I noticed, however, the updated brochure from a couple weeks ago displays all new Terlinguas will have the Borla side exhaust and CS rear facia.

http://www.shelbyautos.com/vehicles/Terlingua.asp

The proposed car I'm working with SHM will be built with the big wheels and brakes, and apparently with the side exhaust. If I understand you correctly, the base models are still to be built with the rear exited exhaust?

Thanks,

Terry

Hi Bud

Thanks for the information. I noticed, however, the updated brochure from a couple weeks ago displays all new Terlinguas will have the Borla side exhaust and CS rear facia.

http://www.shelbyautos.com/vehicles/Terlingua.asp

The proposed car I'm working with SHM will be built with the big wheels and brakes, and apparently with the side exhaust. If I understand you correctly, the base models are still to be built with the rear exited exhaust?

Thanks,

Terry

That is correct. On the base package, it is supposed to have the rear exhaust on it. The brochures have been reedited and will be out soon. I dont think they changed any of the photos on the flyers though.

Bud

That is correct. On the base package, it is supposed to have the rear exhaust on it. The brochures have been reedited and will be out soon. I dont think they changed any of the photos on the flyers though.

Bud

Thanks Bud.

To the best of your knowledge, can someone still request the side exhaust and sill plates instead of the rear exited exhaust? I seem to prefer the GT500 facia as well.

Thanks again for the information.

Terry

Now that's the way to come out of the shop!! :happy feet: Congrats guys, you have a beautiful car. The family is growing, each unique in it's own way. :shift:

You will love it more every day.

Hmm this is cool but I have a question for you Bud, What kind of fascia is the 2010 going to have since they (FORD) changed the body style around so that there is no lights in the bumper and no more one piece rear fascia?

I could wait to talk with you on Monday the 28th, I'll be going up there to SAI for a tour and hopefully more :drool:

- Rob

Thought I would add a few more pics of the car. These are pics that Vorpal already emailed out through the Fear the Bunny Club. But, I thought the rest of the TS world might like them too.

Here goes!

Interior!

HPIM0794.jpg

Interior, other side.

HPIM0800.jpg

Wheels

HPIM0798.jpg

The underside of the hood is wonderfully finished.

HPIM0825.jpg

Last minute details...

HPIM0793.jpg

And, IT"S HIM!! :happy feet: FEAR THE BUNNY!

HPIM0823.jpg

Hope you enjoy! I sure am! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

More Tungsten Terlingua Pics!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: We added the "Shelby" letters on the truck lid....thanks for the idea Dutch Bunny!

HPIM0821.jpg

HPIM0820.jpg

HPIM0822.jpg

HPIM0827.jpg

HPIM0828.jpg

If you need/want a pic that is not here, just let me know!

Love the pics! The shelby letters belong there! Again: E N J O Y !!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering about that too, as I was told mine is satin black with no clear coat..... :headscratch:

It's a great looking gloss black with a clear coat....love it! It really make the bunny pop! :happy feet:

Leann

Archived