TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tungsten Terlingua Build

check6

Wow, that's fantastic news!!! Nice work on SAI's part to make you all happy customers.

Sounds like another very unique Terlingua build.

Still no sign of any completion date for us yet, at the 11 month mark now since paying the deposit....

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:happy feet: :happy feet: Just heard from Bud at SAI....The Tungsten Terlingua is done, and we pick up the car tomorrow!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: I'll post pics as soon as I can...

Leann

OUTSTANDING!!!!!! Welcome to the bunny farm :happy feet:

:happy feet: :hysterical: Thanks again Blip. We sure hope you get yours soon! Just heading out the door to pick it up. It's about a 3 hour drive over to SAI. Will post results later :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Leann (with Rob in tow) :hysterical:

:happy feet: We just got back an hour or so ago, and I must say I LOVE THIS CAR!!!! I can't believe how much of a difference I feel in it. It is like a totally new car. I just love it. Bud and SAI are one class act. We talked for quite a while as they finished up some additions I had ask them to do (the front plate mount). Nice, nice people. Ok, I'm taking her to a Shelby show at the Santa Monica pier in the morning, so I need to get some rest. I promise to post pictures as soon as I can. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: I LOVE IT! :drool:

Leann

:happy feet: We just got back an hour or so ago, and I must say I LOVE THIS CAR!!!! I can't believe how much of a difference I feel in it. It is like a totally new car. I just love it. Bud and SAI are one class act. We talked for quite a while as they finished up some additions I had ask them to do (the front plate mount). Nice, nice people. Ok, I'm taking her to a Shelby show at the Santa Monica pier in the morning, so I need to get some rest. I promise to post pictures as soon as I can. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: I LOVE IT! :drool:

Leann

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Leann

That is AWESOME!!

That's fantaaasssstic News!!!!

Have fun at the show.

And you knew this was coming.......

Photos, Photos, Photos, Photos, Photos, Photos............ :D :lol: :rolleyes: :yahoo::lurk::rockon: :burnout: :beerchug: :victory::cheerleader::party: :banana piano:

(Until we finally get ours, need to survive on photos of everyone else's Bunny.)

:headscratch: Hey all! We left the show early so thought I'd post, oh I don't know, how about PICTURES!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

But first, the LASAAC show on the Santa Monica pier was fantastic. A great location and very nice people. There were some that looked down on the Terlingua because it had a "V6", but the overwhelming responce was positive. So, a great time. I also scored a signed Shelby art poster in water color titled "Trans AM Series 1967" showing a Terlingua, with Jerry Titus at the wheel, beating a Porsche and another car. It is number 17/20 and is signed by Jerry's son Rick Titus. Oh, and Rick signed my truck lid too! I also had the SAI build crew sign the truck lid, along with Bud. Well, it's been a busy two days with another show at the Queen Mary in Long Beach (if I can get up in the morning) :hysterical: Almost forgot, the side scoops didn't get on the car before we picked it up, so they will mail them and we will have them installed. No big deal. Ok, ok here are the pics.

HPIM0804.jpg

Bud from SAI and me :happy feet:

HPIM0805.jpg

Just me :happy feet:

HPIM0802.jpg

Plate up!

HPIM0813.jpg

Plate down!

HPIM0814.jpg

HPIM0816.jpg

HPIM0812.jpg

HPIM0819.jpg

More Tungsten Terlingua Pics!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: We added the "Shelby" letters on the truck lid....thanks for the idea Dutch Bunny!

HPIM0821.jpg

HPIM0820.jpg

HPIM0822.jpg

HPIM0827.jpg

HPIM0828.jpg

If you need/want a pic that is not here, just let me know!

It looks gorgeous!!! A very unique build combination.

Makes me wonder if I should have stayed with those 18" black spoke wheels instead

of upgrading to 20" Razors. They look so nice on your Bunny.

It looks very beautiful. You should be very proud. I have no idea why someone would dismiss it because it has a V6. In 1986 I was told this by more than a few when I purchased one of the first intercooled Grand Nationals. I still have it, and it still kicks the ass of most cars on the street today. The Terlingua is a road car designed with a particular balance in mind, and the V6 suits it perfectly.

I can't recall, but I believe you mentioned you upgraded to the 8.8 3.73. If so, how do found the overall drivability? The car I'm working with SHM will have the 3.73, JBA headers, and Ford Racing airbox and calibration. If I may, can I see some close up shots of the front and rear facias? Including the pieces used to cover the rear exhaust cutouts in the rear facia? If unable to, I understand. Overall, how do you find the overall build quality of the components.

Again, a truly wonderful car. The colour combination is very striking, and I'm sure it turns a lot of heads.

Terry

It looks very beautiful. You should be very proud. I have no idea why someone would dismiss it because it has a V6. In 1986 I was told this by more than a few when I purchased one of the first intercooled Grand Nationals. I still have it, and it still kicks the ass of most cars on the street today. The Terlingua is a road car designed with a particular balance in mind, and the V6 suits it perfectly.

I can't recall, but I believe you mentioned you upgraded to the 8.8 3.73. If so, how do found the overall drivability? The car I'm working with SHM will have the 3.73, JBA headers, and Ford Racing airbox and calibration. If I may, can I see some close up shots of the front and rear facias? Including the pieces used to cover the rear exhaust cutouts in the rear facia? If unable to, I understand. Overall, how do you find the overall build quality of the components.

Again, a truly wonderful car. The colour combination is very striking, and I'm sure it turns a lot of heads.

Terry

Don't mean to hijack check6...

I have the 8.8 and the 3:73 setup on my V6 and there is a noticeable difference, but it doesn't take away from the ability to drive it as a daily driver. Of course you'll redline a little sooner than expected, but it's great. You'll feel her grab the road more and respond much better!

As for the rear fascia where the exhaust came out at. It's actually a technique used to fill them. It's mainly plastic welding and a little bit of bondo. I may be a wuss, but I think it takes a skilled hand to do it.

Hey Check6 - congrats on getting your car back!! It looks freaking awesome. A good friend of mine was there the same day as you (though he was picking up his GT500 SS) He snapped a photo of you car - I saw it and instantly knew it was yours but I wasn't sure if I should post it till you posted your own first. But if you don't mind I'll share the photo he snapped.

DSC04259.jpg

I know that you are totally enjoying your car, I know I would be!!

:happy feet: Thanks for all the comments!! I just love this car! Oh, sorry I've already said that, :hysterical: but it's true.

TacRunner: Cool! Did they own a Tungsten car being loaded into a trailer? Very nice couple. SAI delivered about 6 cars on Friday. We were the only Terlingua and it got a lot of attention from other owners and people visiting the company. Thanks for posting the pic :happy feet:

Teranfon: We did not get the 8.8. We are probably going to do that upgrade ourselves. Our car is an automatic, so probably stick with 3.55 gears. I will get you pics of the rear asap (too dark right now). It is the rear that goes on the California Specials if that helps.

OK, off to the Queen Mary Show in Long Beach! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Leann

:happy feet: Thanks for all the comments!! I just love this car! Oh, sorry I've already said that, :hysterical: but it's true.

TacRunner: Cool! Did they own a Tungsten car being loaded into a trailer? Very nice couple. SAI delivered about 6 cars on Friday. We were the only Terlingua and it got a lot of attention from other owners and people visiting the company. Thanks for posting the pic :happy feet:

Teranfon: We did not get the 8.8. We are probably going to do that upgrade ourselves. Our car is an automatic, so probably stick with 3.55 gears. I will get you pics of the rear asap (too dark right now). It is the rear that goes on the California Specials if that helps.

OK, off to the Queen Mary Show in Long Beach! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Leann

Thanks for the info Leann. Much appreciated. I'm sorry, but it must have been Blip who went with the 8.8.

Thanks again,

Terry

Don't mean to hijack check6...

I have the 8.8 and the 3:73 setup on my V6 and there is a noticeable difference, but it doesn't take away from the ability to drive it as a daily driver. Of course you'll redline a little sooner than expected, but it's great. You'll feel her grab the road more and respond much better!

As for the rear fascia where the exhaust came out at. It's actually a technique used to fill them. It's mainly plastic welding and a little bit of bondo. I may be a wuss, but I think it takes a skilled hand to do it.

Thanks for the information 67. Yeah, I've heard that the 3.73s make quite the difference.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that actual blockoff plates are used in the openings, with rivets used to fasten them to the facia.

Thanks again,

Terry

Archived