TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tungsten Terlingua Build

check6

Just updating the post, just in case someone hasn't read Blip's thread (yeah right)...

Still, no pics and really no news as of yet other than we have heard from the interior people who basically confirmed our wishes...we also tried to get SAI to go ahead and upgrade the tires and wheels to the performance size, so we didn't have to get new wheels next year when we upgrade to the high pro version...but, SAI said no :cry: We did talk them into putting the Terlingua arm rest cover on We are working on them to take some pics so we can post them....they have had the car a month today, but, it looks like not to too much has been done. That's ok with us as we are out of pocket on trips this summer and are in no hurry (yeah right again :finger: )

We still don't have a number yet as SAI has still not figured out how many to hold back.... :banghead: We were told a week or so ago that not much had been done to the car in the past month, thus no pics....so, I don't think it looks good for a complete car anytime soon

So, we all just wait it out......Until that glorious day when we get the call to come and get it! :happy feet: :happy feet:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, thanks for sharing the summary. Interesting bit about the wheel upgrade issue.

Hope you get the TRT number soon, for me, that's all I had for quite awhile until

the work finally started on the car and we got some photographic proof.:D

Your right Blip...a number would sure be nice and pics just add to the excitement...I'm working on several SAI people to take some pics of the car (come on Robert, don't let me down :drool: ) so, I hope to get pics as soon as I can...

• 2 weeks later...

:happy feet: :happy feet: Hey all! I have an update on our car. SAI has given us our number! We are CSM# 07TRT 0011. So, number 11 it is...they say it's about half done which is ok...we hope it will be ready for pickup in early Sept :lurk:

Leann

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: We have pics!! Bud (SAI) took these and sent them over to me this morning....Thanks Bud!!! Those are the old twin stripes in the pics...getting closer!

DSCF00331.jpg

reedited21.jpg

DSCF00311.jpg

DSCF00271.jpg

DSCF00261.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

:happy feet: Doug from SAI sent us two new pics today...the first one is the interior installed, but without the console cover on yet. The second pic is the car awaiting its stripes and, of course, its bunny! Still has the old wheels and tires :happy feet:

Leann

seats are in...console has not been done... :lurk:

TerlinguainProcess2.jpg

here she sits...awaiting her stripes! Dusty :hysterical:

TerlinguainProcess.jpg

Very cool, seats look fantastic. I'm gonna regret not getting them.

Interesting to see that your car doesn't have the grill insert installed either...

(That's what is holding up our build.)

:happy feet: Doug from SAI sent us two new pics today...the first one is the interior installed, but without the console cover on yet. The second pic is the car awaiting its stripes and, of course, its bunny! Still has the old wheels and tires :happy feet:

Leann

seats are in...console has not been done... :lurk:

TerlinguainProcess2.jpg

here she sits...awaiting her stripes! Dusty :hysterical:

TerlinguainProcess.jpg

Looks Great!

Good looking seats!

:happy feet:

VB

Interesting to see that your car doesn't have the grill insert installed either...

We noticed that too...I think the grill is in the back seat ... :headscratch:

The grill was a problem that held us up also. You would think with as many cars that are in the works they would make more than one at a time. It's hard to be patient, I know. But your going to love these cars. They are a real attention grabber when you take them out for a drive.

:lurk: yes, the wait is tough...but it sure builds the excitment!....The really bad part for us, is we are going to go through this all again next summer when we take it back for the rest of the performance package... :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

:lurk: Well, no news out of SAI on our cars status. We had hoped to pick it up late next week, but hummm. It was going in to get its stripes about 3 weeks ago... :headscratch: Man this waiting is tough....

check6--looks like we are having a race to see who will be waiting the longest. :blink: :wacko: :rolleyes: :D

We heard from SAI this morning....looks like another 3 weeks.... :lurk:

Almost forgot: SAI sales reports that the Terlingua package prices are going up...they do not know how much or when...but, it will take effect soon... :lurk:

• 3 weeks later...

:drool: Here's the latest update on our build. Over the past week, we have been in almost daily email and phone call communication with SAI mostly concerning exactly what was supposed to be on a base car. Some of this has already been posted in the "equipment on base package" thread if you want to read all of it. To sum it up, at first we were supposed to receive an 18" "bullit" wheel and tire package as that is what SAI advertised when we delivered the car and put down our deposit. Then SAI raised the prices of the Terlingua cars and changed some of the equipment that base and high pro Terlinguas came with. At that point, we found out that we were not going to get a wheel and tire package. We then contacted SAI with our concerns and they immediately fixed this by offering us the wheel and tire package that was originally advertised for the base cars. Now here is the cool part; the wheels will be the Shelby bullit wheels like the ones on the 07 SGT, and the 08 Barrett Jackson car. These are like the American Racing Torque Thrust M wheels with polished rims and lips with black spokes. These will look killer on our Tungsten and black Terlingua. And, we will have the only Terlingua built with the bullit wheels that were originally advertised, by mistake apparently, as standard equipment on a base Terlingua. Cool beans... :happy feet: I must say that SAI went well above our expectations on this issue. We had offered them a compromise where they just through in some small bits like the Shelby luggage, or floor mats etc, but they insisted that they make it right by giving us something that had the same value as they had originally offered in their advertisements. So, they stepped up and gave us the wheels and tires. Yes I know that is what we were supposed to get, but they really didn't have to do this, as they do have the right to change equipment, prices, etc at any time. So, they really did right by us, and without any trouble or messing around. We are very, very happy with SAI's efforts. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

As for when the car will be done, well Bud in production is shooting for 17 Sep as a delivery date. We hope that happens, as that will allow us to have the car for both the LASAAC show in Santa Monica and the Queen Mary Mustang show in Long Beach, both next weekend. So, that is the latest with us. Keep your fingers crossed!

Archived