TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tungsten Terlingua Build

check6

:happy feet: We talked to Doug in the Nevada office and we have our 07 Tungsten Gray Pony lined up for the Terlingua package. We are scheduled for mid/late May and we may be the first one that the Nevada site does. They have not done a Terlingua and are still working out the details. We are going with the base package with the interior option. We, like many, will add the high pro items later. COOL BEANS!! We can't wait!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: [

(Title of forum edited per the request of it's originator)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:happy feet: We talked to Doug in the Nevada office and we have our 07 Tungsten Gray Pony lined up for the Terlingua package. We are scheduled for mid/late May and we may be the first one that the Nevada site does. They have not done a Terlingua and are still working out the details. We are going with the base package with the interior option. We, like many, will add the high pro items later. COOL BEANS!! We can't wait!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

:drool::drool:

awesome!

:headscratch:

Didn't SAI make the Black one in the museum, the orange one, and Sharon's??????

Very possible....Doug may have been referring to builds for the "public" ...if so we might be number, ummm number 4 lol :headscratch:

Congrats! When you upgrade to the supercharger, do the new one Vortech is offering that doesn't use the external oil lines to the oil pans. Just a suggestion. And use their power cooler system too.

Congrats! When you upgrade to the supercharger, do the new one Vortech is offering that doesn't use the external oil lines to the oil pans. Just a suggestion. And use their power cooler system too.

Thanks! We had talked to a Vortech rep at a car show not long ago and he was telling us the same thing...that's the way to go

:happy feet: We talked to Doug in the Nevada office and we have our 07 Tungsten Gray Pony lined up for the Terlingua package. We are scheduled for mid/late May and we may be the first one that the Nevada site does. They have not done a Terlingua and are still working out the details. We are going with the base package with the interior option. We, like many, will add the high pro items later. COOL BEANS!! We can't wait!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: [

Tungsten will look awesome. Great color choice that I hadn't thought of. I think it will be first Tungsten done.

:headscratch:

Didn't SAI make the Black one in the museum, the orange one, and Sharon's??????

The black is VIN 1C (concept), the orange is 1P (proto) and the yellow is 2P. I think 0001 has been assigned. Maybe you'll get 0002 :)

I can't wait to see it in Tungsten. Let me know when it ships here. :camera:

Does that include the 3.73 gear 8.8 axle?

Last emailing I got from SAI (dated 4/7/09), lists the 3.73/ 8.8 set as an option to the Performance package,

which includes the 3.45 gear set change as standard.

May want to check on that features.

Here's the options listed for the Performace Turn 2 package:

Options

- Custom leather trimmed two tone seat upgrade (variety of color choices)

- Two tone protective car cover

- Front mounted intercooler assembly

- Brake duct assembly

- Polished supercharger

- 3.73 Rear end complete axle

- Ford V6 rear spoiler

- Shelby Kicker sound system upgrade

Tungsten will look awesome. Great color choice that I hadn't thought of. I think it will be first Tungsten done.

The black is VIN 1C (concept), the orange is 1P (proto) and the yellow is 2P. I think 0001 has been assigned. Maybe you'll get 0002 :)

I can't wait to see it in Tungsten. Let me know when it ships here. :camera:

Thanks for the info Robert! My wife is driving the car as her everyday driver. She is a teacher and will not need the car during the summer, so we are bringing it over to Vegas in late May...we can't wait.

Thanks for the info Robert! My wife is driving the car as her everyday driver. She is a teacher and will not need the car during the summer, so we are bringing it over to Vegas in late May...we can't wait.

If I have to go out and get a Tungsten for another Terlingua, I am hold YOU responsible! :hysterical:

She'll be a popular teaching driving it for sure! :shift:

:happy feet: lol....She, and our daughters, can't wait. We first saw the Terlingua at the Queen Mary Mustang show in Long Beach CA last fall and fell in love with them. The new interior option pushed us over the edge and she had to get one. We are excited that we may have the first one in that color. We are going with the gray interior option, and understand that may be a first as well. We will differently let you know when we bring the car over.

• 1 month later...

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: We now have a firm date to take the car over to SAI in Vegas....29 May is the magic date!! While there, we plan on taking a tour of the place...Doug (SAI) told us that two other cars have been scheduled for the Terlingua package (unknown color or level). Perhaps when we go over I can find out more on the other two.... oh, one more thing, we do not have a number yet...it will be assigned on the 29th...:party2:

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: We now have a firm date to take the car over to SAI in Vegas....29 May is the magic date!! While there, we plan on taking a tour of the place...Doug (SAI) told us that two other cars have been scheduled for the Terlingua package (unknown color or level). Perhaps when we go over I can find out more on the other two.... oh, one more thing, we do not have a number yet...it will be assigned on the 29th...:party:

Congratulations :party2:

This is great news. It sounds like SAI final is "ramping up" Terlingua production. I know Quantum is delivering at least 2 or maybe 3 today, we are in at Quantum and sound be delivered in June, Blip is in at Tasca, and now you and 2 others at SAI. Sounds like the bunnies are multiplying. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Congratulations :party2:

This is great news. It sounds like SAI final is "ramping up" Terlingua production. I know Quantum is delivering at least 2 or maybe 3 today, we are in at Quantum and sound be delivered in June, Blip is in at Tasca, and now you and 2 others at SAI. Sounds like the bunnies are multiplying. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Congrats, it's great to hear that the Bunny Luv is now spreading across 3 time zones. :happy feet: :)

• 2 weeks later...

:happy feet: Hello everyone! Well, we dropped our car off at Shelby Las Vegas yesterday. Very good trip. After we checked the car in, we took the tour and finished the day by eating in the Shelby Corner Café. We had Terlingua burgers, of course. So you don't have to look back through this thread, ours is an 07 Tungsten Gray car. We are doing, as of now, the base package with the interior option. With the interior, we selected black with gray inserts to match the car, with the stitching, bunny, and Carol's sig all in yellow. Completion time should be around 10 weeks.

Now for some intelligence. Our car is the 4th one being built in Vegas for customers. The three other cars being built for customers consist of two black cars and one very dark gray car (not sure what the color is called). Vegas has also built a few cars that were preproduction. Those cars have a different type of VIN (See Robert's post earlier in the thread). More intell on the CSM numbers...I don't have one yet...the other three cars don't have one yet...Here's the deal, SAI always "reserves" a block of CSM numbers to keep for themselves and/or to give to friends of Carol, etc. As of yesterday, SAI has not decided how many numbers they want to keep. It could be 5 or 10 or who knows. SAI does this with every car type they build. So, we wait for numbers. We were told that more than likely, we would have numbers under 20.....The mod shops get CSM numbers in blocks, ie the 300 and 400 series of CSM numbers....

So there you go....that's what we found out yesterday at SAI. Oh, one last thing, that Terlingua burger was great... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

PS for Robert: Sorry we missed you yesterday. Doug was fantastic as were everyone else. You seemed excited about the Tungsten being there, so if you don't mind, could you take some pics of the build when you get a chance? Thanks

Leann & Rob Williams.....Check6

Archived