TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ohio!!

SicShelby

We all know how fortunate we are to be located right next to Hocking Hills - it's a great area, nice roads, and beautiful scenery. For those of you that are interested, I'm looking at getting a cruise together for sometimes this summer. I don't know who all is located in Ohio, or nearby, but for those that are interested, chime in!!!

For those less familiar, Hocking Hills State Park (South Bloomingville, Ohio) is located roughly one hour south of Columbus, Ohio. Before I moved to Ohio, I used to see references to it in Car and Driver magazine, etc. I took a few drives down there last summer and figured it would be a good idea to expand the experience!

Gabe

Unfortunately not making Shelbyfest :-( I have NO idea what else is going in Ohio - what dates are the show?

Gabe

The Summit Mustang show at Tallmadge Oh is Sat Aug 8th. I was busy last year and missed it but will be there this year!

I will also be at the Summit Motorsports Park (Norwalk) "Fords at the Summit" show July 25+26th.

Absolutely, keep me posted on this stuff. The communists turned off ALL media notifications of car shows, here in Columbus, ha-ha. There's a good one in Bucyrus, I'll let you know when it comes up!!

I guess they figured everyone had enough to do with the Buckeyes. GO BUCKS!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Pleas feel free, no, come to Road America in August. Its a bit away but, Im sure you will find it a good event toshow your cars or, if inclined get some seat time (advance registration required for driving) Dates are August 7 8 nd 9 with the show being on the 9th

I'm in Medina county, 1-1/2 hours north of Columbus. I'm sorry but I just noticed this forum for Ohio people. Either way, I'm very interested in getting together with some fellow Mustang guys, my wife just can't get into the car talk... I need people who understand this passion!

Let me know when and I'll do my best to be there.

Jim

Hey guys... glad to see that there are some owners popping up! We'll set a date for a cruise down to Hocking this summer, although sometimes it's hard to look too far ahead because it rains so much.

XLR8 - If we do cruise Hocking, it shouldn't be too far for your.

Tim - I can't speak for anyone else, really, but this year I'm planning on staying close. Traveling is expensive!! Sounds like it's going to be quite the time though!!

Vernal - Hopefully we can get you away from your busy schedule for a day or two this summer!

Shelby2809 - Where in Medina County are you? I usually travel up to North Royalton about once a month on Mondays (bad day).

At least if we have a rough idea of where everyone is it will make it easier to link up with someone when we take joy rides :banvictory:

My cell phone is 614.558.1619 - anyone feel free to call me if you're in the area!

- Gabe

Gabe,

I live in Wadsworth, its about 8 miles east of the 71/76 split.

I've seen a few others up here(Medina county), a Black 07 SGT, a Blue 08 SGT, a White and Red GT500, a white and Blue GT500, but can't find them on this site.

Another idea for travel may be a Mid Ohio track day. I'll be going to the Summit Show for sure, Norwalk sounds like a good time, and Hocking Hills sounds like a blast. Anyway, I look forward to the first Ohio Shelby Meet.

Jim

I know this is an Ohio thread and I live in MO but I'll be at the Summit Mustang Show. I've been there the past 4 years and wouldn't miss it for anything. I met BlueOvalKid at Shelbyfest and it great to meet him even though he had an extra hour travel back. What is this Mid Ohio Shelby Meet?

Thanks again Greg for meeting us halfway with that "item". I enjoyed meeting you as well and look forward to seeing you at the Summit Mustang show!

That is not a problem. I enjoy driving that car and it gave me another reason to drive it. Besides, I met another fellow member at the gas station that I haven't been able to meet at Shelbyfest and he was from Columbus and grew up in Akron where I grew up. I can't remember his name though.

Hi all. Ohio here too, Athens county about 1 1/2 hours southeast of Columbus. I'm pretty close to the Hocking Hills area. Just a thought, the Ohio Cobra Club used to have a Hocking Hills cruise every fall when the leaves change. If we could get some people interested we might be able to hook up with them and make it a bigger event. Anyhow I would be up for a cruise there anytime as long as I'm not working. Hopefully I'll see some of you at events this year.

I don't know if any of you about this site or not, but it has alot of events across the state listed.

www.buckeyestangs.com

Check it out, it might give you something to do this summer.

Here is another source.

http://www.hemmings.com/calendar/?op=query...mit_find=Search

Thanks VaporDude. We definitely have to get Ohio together, ha-ha. There is a cruise this weekend that others are taking down to Hocking this weekend but my Shelby is still in the shop. There ARE a lot of good car shows. I was browsing around the other day and found a few.

I'm thinking about trying to consolidate all the shows and then posting them in the beginning of the thread?

T-ford - Nelsonville alright - I know right where you're at. I'll let you know next time I head down that way, we'll have to meet up!!

Thanks VaporDude. We definitely have to get Ohio together, ha-ha. There is a cruise this weekend that others are taking down to Hocking this weekend but my Shelby is still in the shop. There ARE a lot of good car shows. I was browsing around the other day and found a few.

I'm thinking about trying to consolidate all the shows and then posting them in the beginning of the thread?

T-ford - Nelsonville alright - I know right where you're at. I'll let you know next time I head down that way, we'll have to meet up!!

Glad that I can a you out. I plan on going to the Summit Racing event in August so I hope to see you there.

• 2 weeks later...

You are welcome to join us (www.MVPTrackTime.com) at Mid Ohio October 17-18, 2009 for a weekend of on-track fun. Feel free to visit our web site or call me at (314) 249-3770 for details or registration. Happy Motoring!

Mark Pfeffer (Feff) - MVP Track Time

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all. Ohio here too, Athens county about 1 1/2 hours southeast of Columbus. I'm pretty close to the Hocking Hills area. Just a thought, the Ohio Cobra Club used to have a Hocking Hills cruise every fall when the leaves change. If we could get some people interested we might be able to hook up with them and make it a bigger event. Anyhow I would be up for a cruise there anytime as long as I'm not working. Hopefully I'll see some of you at events this year.

Nice roads down in Athens county!! I have made a couple of high speed runs on the nice back roads on the way to see my son at OU. Hopefully, a cruise or two with a bunch of Ohio Shelby's can come together...

Archived