TEAM SHELBY FORUM

insurance glitches

carlo

my insurance guy has had a hell of time findiung the correct rate for me....the "shelby Cobra gt 500" does not come upo in farmers..hes did get one for Shely Mustang..but is iffy, regads that being the right one....

I had a 05 GT with only 13K on it, not one ding etc. in excellent shape and my rate has stayed the same due to lojak and only putting 13 miles on it in 19 ,months..whic he is using as a basleine....

the vin numbers have not shaken out yet he says....etc.

I am paying 230 a month to insure (550K personal idn. etc,) mine..,.who paying what, can you share?

I am using Grundy Worldwide Collector Car insurance and I am paying $691 annually with no mileage limits. I had to state and sign that it would not be my primary form of transportation, that I would not use it as a back up, and that no one under the age of 25 would be driving it.

They're on the web.

Hope that helps.

I am using Grundy Worldwide Collector Car insurance and I am paying $691 annually with no mileage limits. I had to state and sign that it would not be my primary form of transportation, that I would not use it as a back up, and that no one under the age of 25 would be driving it.

They're on the web.

Hope that helps.

woa..691 a year? you must be kidding? right? I have a low milage clause too, BUT live in cali....so, what can I say? as full disclosure, I did get 2 tickets with my 05 GT , so I am paying the price now....thanx for the info though... ;)

my insurance guy has had a hell of time findiung the correct rate for me....the "shelby Cobra gt 500" does not come upo in farmers..hes did get one for Shely Mustang..but is iffy, regads that being the right one....

I had a 05 GT with only 13K on it, not one ding etc. in excellent shape and my rate has stayed the same due to lojak and only putting 13 miles on it in 19 ,months..whic he is using as a basleine....

the vin numbers have not shaken out yet he says....etc.

I am paying 230 a month to insure (550K personal idn. etc,) mine..,.who paying what, can you share?

I have Farmers and I am paying a little under 4 hundred a half, limited mileage and not driven regularly to work, and yes its a Shelby :shift:

jees you guys can't be from cali...cause we get hosed here........my new GT 05 was 140 a month period...damn.

Carlo, it doesn't matter that you live in California. I had my '03 Cobra insured through Grundy when I lived in San Diego. Now I'm in Texas and have my Shelby through Grundy also, and it's $730 a year. Go to http://www.grundy.com/ and do an online quote and see what happens. Good luck!

Explain "storage insurance" please? :sos:

Its where it just sits in the garage or where ever you have it stored & DON'T DRIVE IT, but yet it's Fully covered as if it was being driven (but with out the miles being added & w/o the fun). Basically the car just watches it snow outside until you call them up & say hey... It's warm enough to drive it now & it stopped snowing, put me back on Fully daily driver status with my car so I can :shift:

You can switch back-n-forth anytime btw. policy's. This little tip can save you some money per month if you live in an area where it snows 3-6 months out of the year.

Its where it just sits in the garage or where ever you have it stored & DON'T DRIVE IT, but yet it's Fully covered as if it was being driven (but with out the miles being added & w/o the fun). Basically the car just watches it snow outside until you call them up & say hey... It's warm enough to drive it now & it stopped snowing, put me back on Fully daily driver status with my car so I can :shift:

I assume you keep it at that stautus throughout the winter. How often can you change the status, or do you know?

You can switch back-n-forth anytime btw. policy's. This little tip can save you some money per month if you live in an area where it snows 3-6 months out of the year.

Your description is a bit off. It's NOT fully covered as if it were being driven. They remove all parts of the insurance except one...I think it's the comprehensive that you have to keep. You are correct that you can shift back and forth by calling them...they will make adjustments to your premium to do this...and some insurance companies don't like the hassle of you calling them every weekend...too much paperwork. However, if you normally store it, but the weather man says "It's going to be unusually warm this weekend...75 and sunny"...then you can call your agent and have it added on for just the two days.

One word of caution...get them to call your answering machine and leave a message stating they've added the coverage. It wouldn't be the first unscrupulous agent who said "what, I never agreed to add your insurance back on. It's a shame you wrecked your car and hurt two people severely...have fun defending yourself in court." :ohsnap: CYA is a good practice.

Dave

Your description is a bit off. It's NOT fully covered as if it were being driven. They remove all parts of the insurance except one...I think it's the comprehensive that you have to keep. You are correct that you can shift back and forth by calling them...they will make adjustments to your premium to do this...and some insurance companies don't like the hassle of you calling them every weekend...too much paperwork. However, if you normally store it, but the weather man says "It's going to be unusually warm this weekend...75 and sunny"...then you can call your agent and have it added on for just the two days.

One word of caution...get them to call your answering machine and leave a message stating they've added the coverage. It wouldn't be the first unscrupulous agent who said "what, I never agreed to add your insurance back on. It's a shame you wrecked your car and hurt two people severely...have fun defending yourself in court." :ohsnap: CYA is a good practice.

Dave

Your right I was just trying to sum it up so he got the point & so I could cut down on typing...my figers still hurt from the battle with scgt500 the other night :hysterical:

Have a VIN# with NO car.

State Farm advises $1296 per year

Driven under 7500 miles per year

Liability

100000/300000 Bodily Injury

50000 Property Damage

5000 Medical

Uninsured Motor Vehicle

$500 Deductible Collision

$100 Deductible Comprehensive

Have a VIN# with NO car.

State Farm advises $1296 per year

Driven under 7500 miles per year

Liability

50000 Property Damage

5000 Medical

Uninsured Motor Vehicle

$500 Deductible Collision

$100 Deductible Comprehensive

You must be Young, Have 2 tickets & live in a bad area of town :ohsnap:

iam with statefarm and i do this with my 99 GT . its called " withdraw from use " you just give them the date you are parking the car abd its mileage when you park it. then you call them when you want to drive it again . if you have personalized tags it also keeps them legal for you so you don't have to turn them in .

Archived