TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stored :(

rpenna

Well it's that time of year. The Mustang is now in a garage under a dust cover with the trickle charger attached.

Had a good run, just under 1200 miles in the 6 weeks we had her. Time to start saving all that gas money for upgrades. :happy feet:

I need to move.

Well it's that time of year. The Mustang is now in a garage under a dust cover with the trickle charger attached.

Had a good run, just under 1200 miles in the 6 weeks we had her. Time to start saving all that gas money for upgrades. :happy feet:

I need to move.

What part of the earth do you live on?

Being a transplant from CT - I understand. I spent far too many hours on I-90 in NY State in the winter. (not uncommon for them to shut it down during a snow storm.)

I pulled the trigger and moved south. I wouldn't go back for anything. At the car show last Sat in Norfolk - we were wearing tee shirts.

Not to rub salt in a wound - but I drive my GT all year long.

Y'all come down, you hear? :shift:

ps - and it's not just the weather - lower crime - taxes - traffic - hard to put a value on the intangibles.

Oh - I forgot a biggie - hardly any potholes and no sand/salt on the road.

Being a transplant from CT - I understand. I spent far too many hours on I-90 in NY State in the winter. (not uncommon for them to shut it down during a snow storm.)

I pulled the trigger and moved south. I wouldn't go back for anything. At the car show last Sat in Norfolk - we were wearing tee shirts.

ps - and it's not just the weather - lower crime - taxes - traffic - hard to put a value on the intangibles.

One postive thing about living North is we can sit & read the post of how much you are enjoying your rides.

Ruf has your neighbour seen your car yet?

Funny you mention that. The 2 other guys I work with packed up and moved to Waxhaw last year. They're on me nonstop to move, but my daughter's grandparents keep us here.

No one to blame but myself, I guess. But we just submitted an app to open a couple Dunkin Donuts down in Charlotte, so if that goes through I'll definitely have to move. :)

Charlotte??

Spend a week down there before signing up.

That place is hectic!

No - strangely, I haven't seen my C6 neighbor in the last couple of weeks. I am, however, watching my mirrors!

See the thread on the Car Show in the Shelby Gathering forum! :hyper:

I love the NW. If I want to play in the snow, it's a 1/2 hour drive up to the Cascade Mountains. Here in the lowlands, though, we get 1 or 2 days of snow per year, sometimes no snow. And, they do NOT salt the roads here even when it does snow, so no rust to contend with.

Of course, we're in the middle of yet another storm today. The nearby rivers are nearly cresting, with some flooding. Luckily, my house is at the top of a hill, so no flooding worries for me.

And best of all, I can powerslide my Mustang around all the corners in the rain without wearing out the tires, like it would on dry pavement, so it's really fun to drive on a rainy day (and we get lots of those!).

Charlotte??

Spend a week down there before signing up.

That place is hectic!

No - strangely, I haven't seen my C6 neighbor in the last couple of weeks. I am, however, watching my mirrors!

See the thread on the Car Show in the Shelby Gathering forum! :hyper:

Da da...............Da da..............da da.....da da.....da da...dada....dada....dada.dadadadadum :hysterical:

Okay. Got it.

Yeah - before getting myself and my money immersed in the Queen City - I'd do a bit of recon. (as you probably have)

Charlotte is Wide Open, my brother.

Not my venue. I lived in Starmount (off South Blvd.) for 1 1/2 years. Back in 1990, it took me 90 mins to drive 18 miles to work.

Caveat Emptor?

I leave the house for 2 hours, 4x a week to go to the gym. I work from home and have no social life. I am essentially a hermit. Traffic does not concern me. :)

Although I like living outside the cities. Having them within 30-40 minutes is fine by me. All I need is a grocery store and a coffee shop within 10 minutes to survive.

Archived