TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for computor code for tune

The computer is under the hood on the passenger side near the front. There should be a sticker right on the top of it with the code on it. Here's a picture with the sticker and computer circled with an arrow to the sticker.

102_engine2.JPG

Also, FYI, when I got my SCT tuner from Bama Chips, the code on the computer was not helpful as the internal programing was already updated with different internals than that of the code. This is a problem that the 07-08 SGT guys do not run into as their computers were already updated from the factory with just a different tune added at Shelby. The 06 Hertz cars had both an update to hardware and then an updated tune. Bama chips had to e-mail me a different tune via e-mail in order to get my car to run after I received the tuner. Bama Chips is already aware of this change, so sends out the tuner with the correct tune. So depending on where you are getting your tuner, this code may or may not be helpful to the company that you are getting your tuner from. If any of that makes sense.

Waiting...... It took a couple weeks for them to get the reverse stripes completed in the proper font and size etc in order to paint the side stripes. We've also had much bad weather and snow, so getting the car over to the booth has been a problem. He's in the process of building a new shop, so his current paint booth is in a different building, so bad weather makes things difficult. Hopefully this week.

Also, FYI, when I got my SCT tuner from Bama Chips, the code on the computer was not helpful as the internal programing was already updated with different internals than that of the code. This is a problem that the 07-08 SGT guys do not run into as their computers were already updated from the factory with just a different tune added at Shelby. The 06 Hertz cars had both an update to hardware and then an updated tune. Bama chips had to e-mail me a different tune via e-mail in order to get my car to run after I received the tuner. Bama Chips is already aware of this change, so sends out the tuner with the correct tune. So depending on where you are getting your tuner, this code may or may not be helpful to the company that you are getting your tuner from. If any of that makes sense.

THANKS very much Jeff, I appreciate the info. Did you find the Bama tune a big improvement especially with the tranny?

Absolutely! The shifts are so much firmer. Makes for much more pleasurable driving. I also picked up about 3-4 tenths in the 1/4 at this altitude. Definately the cheapest bang for the buck.

• 4 months later...
Absolutely! The shifts are so much firmer. Makes for much more pleasurable driving. I also picked up about 3-4 tenths in the 1/4 at this altitude. Definately the cheapest bang for the buck.

Jeff, just wanted your opinion on your tune for your GT-H. Im thinking of using either Brenspeed or Bama. My GT-H is still as it came from shelby, no other mods. My only complaint is the lag when kicking the car down into 1st from 30 to 35 mph. There is a definate lag when you do this,will the new tune eliminate this all together? Also will I feel a noticible difference in the car with the new tune? I really like the way the car drives and performs but would like a little more. Thanks

Jeff, just wanted your opinion on your tune for your GT-H. Im thinking of using either Brenspeed or Bama. My GT-H is still as it came from shelby, no other mods. My only complaint is the lag when kicking the car down into 1st from 30 to 35 mph. There is a definate lag when you do this,will the new tune eliminate this all together? Also will I feel a noticible difference in the car with the new tune? I really like the way the car drives and performs but would like a little more. Thanks

Some of that lag is in the drive by wire on these cars. The Tune will definitely improve that. Both Brenspeed or Bama would do you good. The tune is a noticable difference for sure. I would go with the tune for sure if you are going to keep your mods to a minimum but want just a bit more.

I would add to what Jeff said , the Bamachips tune sharpens the car up a LOT. There is much less lag in downshifting, it makes the car a real pleasure to drive hard. He offers (3) tunes when you get the SCT, Torque,power and track. It's a great upgrade! :shift:

Thanks for the information. I have talked to Brenspeed and they are telling me to expect 15 to 20 more horsepower over what the car already has. I think for now this new tune is what I am looking for. Thanks again, Eric.

Thanks for the information. I have talked to Brenspeed and they are telling me to expect 15 to 20 more horsepower over what the car already has. I think for now this new tune is what I am looking for. Thanks again, Eric.

Eric, when you spoke with Brenspeed, they told you 15-20 more over what the car has-did you tell them it was a GTH- when I spoke with them about a month ago I specifically told them I had a GTH and they said the 15-20 HP increase was over the stock GT and that other then making the GTH more drivable, it would not increase the HP. I am also looking for a little more performance, with a minimum of mods.

Rich

Eric, when you spoke with Brenspeed, they told you 15-20 more over what the car has-did you tell them it was a GTH- when I spoke with them about a month ago I specifically told them I had a GTH and they said the 15-20 HP increase was over the stock GT and that other then making the GTH more drivable, it would not increase the HP. I am also looking for a little more performance, with a minimum of mods.

Rich

I sent an e-mail with the information about my car and asked what to expect from their tune. They said that I could expect to see 15-20 hp more but it would feel like 50 hp because of the way the tune changes the car. I ordered the tune last Friday so hopefully I should have it within a week or so. I ll let you know how it drives when I get it. I really doubt that it will add that much also but if it takes the "lag" out of it and firms the shifts and adds more low end torque it will be worth it. Eric.

Rich

If it doesn't add horsepower, then it sure does some other stuff really well. While at the track, I can put in the stock tune vs. the 91 race tune and I pick up 3-4 tenths every time that I've done it. I'm sure that has to do with throttle response, transmission shifting, and a bit of horsepower. I have not done any dyno pulls, but there are quite a few Shelby GT guys that have and have on averaged 25 hp gains depending on which tune. It may also make a difference at altitude. Where I race is 5800 feet at Bandimere Speedway. No tune 14.90-15.00, with the race tune, 14.50-14.65 times.

I sent an e-mail with the information about my car and asked what to expect from their tune. They said that I could expect to see 15-20 hp more but it would feel like 50 hp because of the way the tune changes the car. I ordered the tune last Friday so hopefully I should have it within a week or so. I ll let you know how it drives when I get it. I really doubt that it will add that much also but if it takes the "lag" out of it and firms the shifts and adds more low end torque it will be worth it. Eric.

Eric, thanks...

I am going to call them again on Friday and see what they say, I am intreseted to know how it goes with you.

42ITUS seems to love it.

"Got my tune from Brenspeed. Love it. Feels as close to a stick as an automatic could. Don't know about added HP, but huge difference in response. You're gonna love it man."

Rich

Eric looks like you made the right choice going with Brenspeed, read the two topic posts in "GT Mods and Tech"

Brenspeed 93 octane vs. Bama 93

and

Bama chips AWOL

Eric, thanks...

I am going to call them again on Friday and see what they say, I am intreseted to know how it goes with you.

42ITUS seems to love it.

"Got my tune from Brenspeed. Love it. Feels as close to a stick as an automatic could. Don't know about added HP, but huge difference in response. You're gonna love it man."

Rich

Rich, I went back and looked at the e-mail that they sent me and they did say to expect an additional 15 to 20 hp over what the GT-H already has. In that e-mail I made sure they knew that this car was a GT-H, so well see what happens. Everything Im hearing is to expect quite a difference in the car. Cant wait to find out. Eric

Rich, I went back and looked at the e-mail that they sent me and they did say to expect an additional 15 to 20 hp over what the GT-H already has. In that e-mail I made sure they knew that this car was a GT-H, so well see what happens. Everything Im hearing is to expect quite a difference in the car. Cant wait to find out. Eric

After you complete the tune and test drive let us know what you think. I am ready to go for it too.

Rich

After you complete the tune and test drive let us know what you think. I am ready to go for it too.

Rich

Got my tune today! Made a big difference in the car. The first time I stepped on the pedal I noticed how responsive it was. It made everything smoother when you step into the car. The car shifts at 6500 rpm now and defintely pulls harder than before. You dont have to try very hard to roast the tires! I would recomend this tune from brenspeed. It made the car that much more fun tho drive! Eric

Archived