TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just over 790 RWHP!!!

KCMO-GT500

apparently kb ran one of their units on a shelby up to 18 # (on race gas)

link to kb thread

remember to refresh your browser if it turns dark and asks you to register; you only have to do this once.

and evolution performance has posting in a couple of forums that lists all of their new product offerings for the shelby

mod ford link

svt performance link

Sign me up!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'm guessing some major suspension mods would be called for, as well as some outrageous slicks. My goal is about 100 more hp at the rear wheel, and I still think I will have some work to do to get it to hook decently. But it sure is nice to dream about a shelby with almost 800 rwhp.

John

The bottom end on these cars is already beefed up. Look at the 03/04 Cobra - guys are hitting 600-700 rwhp with no problems from a 4.6... why would getting an extra 200-300 HP be any different with the 5.4? The rods in these cars can go 800-1000 hp.

OK....you 1st, then tell us if it holds :hysterical:

Well, head on over to the Corral, and ask around. I think you'll find a healthy stable of 600+RWHP 4.6 03/04 Cobras. I don't think 700+ is outrageous for the Shelby. I'm sure once Evolution and other good tuners gets it down we'll see more then a few 5.4's with crazy numbers as well. If I had the cash, I'd do it.... right now I'm still hanging on to the dream of getting my Shelby at MSPR next summer. :doh:

Well, head on over to the Corral, and ask around. I think you'll find a healthy stable of 600+RWHP 4.6 03/04 Cobras. I don't think 700+ is outrageous for the Shelby. I'm sure once Evolution and other good tuners gets it down we'll see more then a few 5.4's with crazy numbers as well. If I had the cash, I'd do it.... right now I'm still hanging on to the dream of getting my Shelby at MSPR next summer. :doh:

The 4.6 had several years to get developed to withstand more power. Do you know what happened to the 1st years production of that motor when it became SC? :ohsnap:

The 5.4 will have simular teething problems but will climb the HP ladder for sure. :shift:

Y'all are really a bunch of buzz kills!

I'm going to be happy if my ride shows 330 or so at the wheels on the dyno tomorrow! :happy feet:

There is always someone faster.

Yup, agree. I'm going for only a minor upgrade aka tune....that will be enough for me. Actually the original 500 is enough, but I want to make sure I can beat RUF even if I'm carrying a load of trunk monkeys.

Y'all are really a bunch of buzz kills!

I'm going to be happy if my ride shows 330 or so at the wheels on the dyno tomorrow! :happy feet:

There is always someone faster.

ruf, I sure didn't say I was going to do this; way too much money, can't afford new tires every few months, and figure that I would probably do something very stupid with that much hp, like wrap it around a tree or two. :doh:

..but I bet the track oriented guy are starting to drool :happy feet:

..but I bet the track oriented guy are starting to drool :happy feet:

+1, I am very excited. This car is a toy for me. I can have a street able tune on pump gas to cruise around and then a race tune, race gas and a quick change of the pullies and tires, load it on the trailer and go 9 sec.

I know most guys would never consider this but it's a dream come true for me.

:beerchug:

+1, I am very excited. This car is a toy for me. I can have a street able tune on pump gas to cruise around and then a race tune, race gas and a quick change of the pullies and tires, load it on the trailer and go 9 sec.

I know most guys would never consider this but it's a dream come true for me.

:beerchug:

Isn't life grand!

Specially in a GT500!!

Yup, agree. I'm going for only a minor upgrade aka tune....that will be enough for me. Actually the original 500 is enough, but I want to make sure I can beat RUF even if I'm carrying a load of trunk monkeys.

Bullwaste! You will crave more out of it sooner than you think.

I thought the same thing when I got mine..... I'll be happy with it stock, 500 hp is plenty...

Then I said well maybe I need an intake and a tune.... now I'm starting to talk pulley swap.... but when I saw the article on the KB at 790 rwhp I said "Now that should be enough for me"....

Updated: 810 HP/745 FT/LB KENNE BELL BIG BORE 2.8H SHELBY GT 500 KIT

Preliminary testing indicates the Shelby makes 725HP on pump gas at only 16 psi and 810 hp at 19 psi

Will it ever end??

I would love nothing more than to one day be able to say without a doubt that I am happy now and will always be happy with the power that my car has and I will never ever need or want any more out of it.

I hope that day comes soon....

Good luck to you Alloy Dave, you're a better man than I if you stick to your word on this one!

p.s. I'll be watching

Now if my car could run like this I'd be happy!! http://alamoride.com/site/request.php?121

Sorry I couldn't resist!

Good luck to you Alloy Dave, you're a better man than I if you stick to your word on this one!

p.s. I'll be watching

Only time will tell. I'll certainly make other mods, but they will likely be in suspension and other areas, not so much power increases. I've had my '69 Camaro since 1984 and never added a power modification to it. And I'll tell you one thing...I have absolutely NO ILLUSION that my Camaro will run anywhere near as fast as the GT500.

Dave

Archived