TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lizstick Saleen SC for GT500

desant89

Just throwing this out there. I have a 2006 Saleen SC that is Lizstick red. I have a JDM Stage II kit (460 rwhp), Signed Dash, HID's, tire/Rim package, High Performance Cooling package. MSRP was 72,665. To me, if you are into keeping cars for a long time, there is no doubt this will be valuable as this car is extremely rare especially in this color($18,000 option). I am interested in possibly trading for a GT500. Please respond with any interest. I am located in Southern NJ if anyone is interested. Thanks!

post-24721-1238686415_thumb.jpg

post-24721-1238686469_thumb.jpg

post-24721-1238686612_thumb.jpg

post-24721-1238686415_thumb.jpg

post-24721-1238686469_thumb.jpg

post-24721-1238686612_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I hope you didnt pay $18K for that option. Even though I like the color.

No way. I am the 2nd owner. It has just under 10k on it. THe color has to be the most amazing color I have honestly seen in person, and anyone that has seen it will agree. However, you would have to be either a millionaire or an absolute maniac to pay 18k for that option. However to have it, is great. Only 6 made in this color in 06.

I am getting rid of whatever I haev after this summer. Hard to find someone who knows what this car really is although I have not tried that hard to sell it. If I were going to keep a car, I would be keeping the Saleen. I do love the GT500, but you see them much more often. I honestly have not seen a Saleen in my area. I went to the car show in Atco NJ just to watch, and this car won the show. Cannot get more attnetion than you will in this car. This is my 6th Mustang so I am not partial to any brand.

That is a sweet looking car, love the color.

I can't answer for all but you probably won't find many here that would trade a GT500 for a Saleen. It's a tough market but if it were me I would sell the Saleen and then go shopping for GT500. There are a lot of good deals now.

Good luck.

Additional Dealer Mark-up

I was just feeling it out. I myself had the choice and opted for the Saleen. I have someone interested, but he is dragging his feet. I also have a guy from the Saleen forum that says he will have one for me within a month. It all depends what you want. You want motor, you go GT500. I know most will disagree, but if you want looks, and uniqueness, you take the Saleen. Handling would also not be a comparison. I change cars really often. I came from an 03Z06 to the Saleen and never looked back.

Saleens under new ownership. I don't think the warranty is good now. The company has gone down hill since Steve left to do SMS.

Saleens under new ownership. I don't think the warranty is good now. The company has gone down hill since Steve left to do SMS.

Warranty was up anyway. Saleen has been acquired in regards to aftermarket parts. I also see people still getting warranty work done with the new owners on the Saleen forums. They are trying to get things straight. However, I do not think we will see any new Saleens again. Car is fast. I would love to see my car race a GT500 although I am not a racer at all. I am at 460 rwhp, but I would think the suspension mods would help too. Of course one puuley, tune or CAI and light are out which is when we get back to motor.....

Warranty was up anyway. Saleen has been acquired in regards to aftermarket parts. I also see people still getting warranty work done with the new owners on the Saleen forums. They are trying to get things straight. However, I do not think we will see any new Saleens again. Car is fast. I would love to see my car race a GT500 although I am not a racer at all. I am at 460 rwhp, but I would think the suspension mods would help too. Of course one puuley, tune or CAI and light are out which is when we get back to motor.....

Sounds like you should keep your Saleen. You seem to like it better. You don't need a GT500 to get more horsepower.

Sounds like you should keep your Saleen. You seem to like it better. You don't need a GT500 to get more horsepower.

Definitely need the GT500 for HP. I am maxed out. I would never risk putting more HP to the 4.6 non-forged block. I know I can change the engine, but then to me that takes value away from the car. I need to go drive a GT500 I think.

Just throwing this out there. I have a 2006 Saleen SC that is Lizstick red. I have a JDM Stage II kit (460 rwhp), Signed Dash, HID's, tire/Rim package, High Performance Cooling package. MSRP was 72,665. To me, if you are into keeping cars for a long time, there is no doubt this will be valuable as this car is extremely rare especially in this color($18,000 option). I am interested in possibly trading for a GT500. Please respond with any interest. I am located in Southern NJ if anyone is interested. Thanks!

That is one awesome car. I would hang on to it if you can.

I've been looking at the pics all day. Fantastic color man.

Hope you can hold on to her AND get the GT500.

Thanks my500ss. Beleive it or not the pictures do nothing for the paint at all. I normally do not keep cars for the long haul, and I think my car should be in the hands of a collector/enthusiast that will care for it, and keep it long term. Not matter what I have I will probably get rid of it in a year or two. I know the value of this car is the same as a 500 at this point which is why I mentioned a trade. I want toget in, and drive something and not worry about the paint anymore......This car is not something I personally drive all of the time. But when I do, I get into more conversations than anyone. Takes me 15 minutes at the gas station every time.

I traded my 2006 Saleen to get my GT500. I saw a car just like yours at the Woodward cruise in 2007. If my Saleen had been Lizstick, I would still have it. I looked into painting my car that color, but it would have been difficult to get the BASF paint. Beautiful car. Mod it and enjoy it.

I traded my 2006 Saleen to get my GT500. I saw a car just like yours at the Woodward cruise in 2007. If my Saleen had been Lizstick, I would still have it. I looked into painting my car that color, but it would have been difficult to get the BASF paint. Beautiful car. Mod it and enjoy it.

Definitely enjoying it. I had it out yesterday, and just turned 10k on it. When I drive it, I think what the hell am I thinking. Again though, a lot to worry about with the paint.

Archived