TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Would it p==s you off if Ford announced another year?

JETSOLVER

If Ford was to announce another year of production of the more or less identical car(for a total of three), what would be your reaction? I could have made this a poll, but I suspect there will be many more variations on a theme than I could include.

No, because I got the 1st year Shelby came back into production making it a 40th Anniversary car with or w/o the badges

I am not into the whole shebly thing i wanted a cobra more but this car took its place. I would like to see them keep the numbers down as low as they can. It will help resale and keep me from seeing one at every stop light. Then again i got mine and ford can close and ill be rich next time barret-jackson comes to town.............

I wouldn't care and I have a hard time understanding why anyone would.

I guess those that think this car will be collectable might care because they see a third year as potentially damaging to the future value of their car. I don't think the future value of the car is anything to get excited about. Even if the car goes up in value dramatically, it's still a crappy investment and it's likely you will have thrown away a ton of money in terms of opportunity cost.

So, why not? If you're buying it for the pleasure it brings yoiu, then extra production means: No one gets hurt, Ford and Shelby make a ton more money, and more people get to enjoy the car.

Please build more!

Ford is going to build this car for many years. They have financial problems and will sell any car to make a profit. When the market goes soft so will production. Look at the GT Super car. They announce 4500 cars and a two year run. The market went soft and the cut production to 4000. :ohsnap: My local dealer had one, only to be returned to Ford. They could not sell it.

BUILD AWAY

Ford is going to build this car for many years. They have financial problems and will sell any car to make a profit. When the market goes soft so will production. Look at the GT Super car. They announce 4500 cars and a two year run. The market went soft and the cut production to 4000. :ohsnap: My local dealer had one, only to be returned to Ford. They could not sell it.

BUILD AWAY

Did they have an ADM on it or were they trying to sell it for MSRP?

The whole idea of the remake of the Shelby GT500 is a limited production car. Like in the 60's.. that makes this car unique. They should keep it that way. Shelby has a 2 yr deal with ford on the GT500.. Ford and Shelby have already introduced a watered down version calling it a shelby GT. The car has 320hp with nice upgrades over the GT. Should be available in early 2007

From a business standpoint Ford should make them until they sit on the lot and don't sell.

From a personal standpoint I want one and am not paying over MSRP - I was considering it for a short time but seeing the re-lists starting to come on e-bay and feeling like Ford has to have some one there smart enough to say keep building what is in high demand makes me think I can wait and get what I want for the right price.....after I get it then cut it off right away HAHA - just kidding.

I see no reason anyone that wants the car shouldn't be able to get one at MSRP - That is a price that the dealer and Ford make money at and if they can build and sell millions at that price then they should do so....even if it means you have to mod the car to be the baddest dude on the road. Survival of the company comes before exclusivity of any model....and please don't take that to mean I think 1 car model will save Ford. It's the principal of it. people out there want it and are willing to pay MSRP (and in many cases more) - there is no way they won't or shouldn't build as many as they can sell.....as much as it pains the colectors and those that want to be exclusive if my 97 yr old grandma wants to bring home the groceries in this car she should be able to do it....if they want to make it a real limited edition they would be numbering these cars so it meant something - this is a production car and while in high demand at least some of that demand is because of a feeling of exclusivity that could very realistically be false.

Soooo - I am for them to make at least another yr....If they call it an SVT Cobra, Shelby, GT500 Mustang, Pinto, what ever is not what drives my desire. Sorry for the long post - it's been a while since I thought about this.

The whole idea of the remake of the Shelby GT500 is a limited production car. Like in the 60's.. that makes this car unique. They should keep it that way. Shelby has a 2 yr deal with ford on the GT500.. Ford and Shelby have already introduced a watered down version calling it a shelby GT. The car has 320hp with nice upgrades over the GT. Should be available in early 2007

For $31,770 you can order a GT Shelby with a Shaker 1000 and anti theft, per a phone call to me from a dealer yesterday. He also wanted 2K adm on top of that.

If Ford was to announce another year of production of the more or less identical car(for a total of three), what would be your reaction? I could have made this a poll, but I suspect there will be many more variations on a theme than I could include.

What p--ses me off is the talk of two and three years production and they can't build the one I ordered and half paid for in June. They should build the ones that are customer ordered first and then ship the leftovers to greedy dealers to display in the showroom. The honest customer sure gets the shaft on this deal.

I would personally hate to see them discontinue such a good thing... the thought of something happening to mine and not being able to replace it scares me.

Besides that, the more black/tungsten GT500s there are on the road out there, the less attention my car will get from the law. I would also like to see a GT500KR in the near future (but not at the expense of the GT500).

I would however like to see all car manufacturers discontinue producing those ugly shitboxes i.e. yuppymobiles, hippywagons, throwaways, deathtraps, FWD's, spacebuggies, moonlanders, toasters, etc. etc. etc.

I hope this muscle car war lasts a lot longer than the last one did. Maybe if Bush drove one he would understand and lighten up on the big 3 huh?

No not at all. It's a great car and I wouldn't mind another year or even 10 more years of production. The more the merrier for Ford and for all of us!! Remember the '79-93 cars? They weren't that great and were produced almost identically for 14 years! And I don't think any car would be a good purchase solely for investment purposes nowadays unless you wanted to keep it in a wrapper for 40 years.

I hope Ford does continue making the GT500 into a 3rd year, its a great car that alot of us have waited for a long time. Whatever reason someone may have for wanting it collectibility, shelby name or performance its a great car period. To me what makes a car special is what it personal means to me, Ruf's mustang is a prime example there a ton of other mustangs out there what makes his special and unqiue is his own personal touch and nobody can take that away. So hopefully Ford will allow more of us the chance to have that kind of great experience with a GT500 of our own.

Sorry guys, I am not generally greedy or arrogant, but, now that I have my car I just wish Ford would seize production immediately and permanently. Sorry but that's my opinion!!

I have called a repo man on you. Better watch your back.

Archived