TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Autos Series 2 Hybrid

Dig-It

I hope no none took my initial statement the wrong way. I was just curious if the story was factually correct.

From a business perspective, it makes good sense to diversify as well as reorient existing stock to an emerging market. I would just hope that SAI remains true to the performance oriented following that it's created and sustained over the decades.

I don't think it's a good idea to get rid of the v-8s altogether in the Cobra Roadsters (CSX) and I never advocated that. I do think it is cool if they want to put a hybrid engine in one or more Shelby cars, including the Series 1 or 2 or whatever they are calling it now. I have always been interested in a hybrid Mustang ever since Bill Ford made the pledge to make a hybrid version of every car they made (he soon stepped down after that and Ford pulled back on the commitment). I was also very interested in the Electric Mustangs that make 300-600 horsepower (forget the brand name). I love the traditional horsepower but am interested in the alternative technologies too. I think the Tesla electric cars are cool too. Biodiesel, clean diesel (bluetec), electric, hybrid, e-85, ethanol, diesel-hybrid, hydrogen fuelcell. Technology interests me.

I am all for green cars but there is just something wrong about "hybrid Shelby's" it just makes me sad, I have no problem driving a hybrid daily driver or a 4 cylinder daily driver but my pride and joy, my weekend toy needs to sound like it should with a good American V8. The Tesla is a cool car in its own respect but a Cobra with anything but a V8 is just loosing it's soul... :rip:

But that's just my opinion...

And that's why I asked if this was an April's Fools Day joke. A hybrid Cobra has to the most incredulous thing I've heard all day - even rivaling the evening national news.

I agree....

...and it indeed was an April Fool joke, sourced from a thread on ClubCobra.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95915

It went viral and got picked up here on Team Shelby... take a few minutes and read it from the start for a good laugh.

We even had a guest appearance by Amy B. on the thread, who gets our sincere thanks for playing along with this year's 4/1 hoax.

Wow, I can't believe how many people bought this one on the different web sites. I was taken through the series 2 stuff, but when I read the 4 or 6 into a Cobra, I knew April 1st was alive and well.

And that's why I asked if this was an April's Fools Day joke. A hybrid Cobra has to the most incredulous thing I've heard all day - even rivaling the evening national news.

Actually I saw a car show on TV recently where one woman built a Cobra kit car that was fully electric. Think even CS signed the dash. I'll post a link if I find something on it.

Edit: Found Videos

Electric Shelby 427

Shelby 427 Test Drive

And their website:

HST International

Cobra EVX

Tjaarda Mustang EVX

• 2 weeks later...

I would not mind seeing a Shelby Fusion, or another Ford compact carrying the Shelby Badge. It's not a bad idea and sell they would. I know my son would like to have one. It would be like an entry level for the new generation Shelby fans. Us Baby Boomers are not going to be around forever you know. That is the problem with the "Big 3?" they can't think outside the box. Just a thought. They don't have Soul...oops sorry KIA!

I think people believed it because it's such a horrible idea. I mean, a Cobra without a V8 is like an AR15 firing .22 caliber rounds- pointless and weak.

I have a Colt AR-15 with a special additional bolt that allows you to fire .22 long rifle cartridges to save $$ on ammo at the range. :)

Archived