TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What is the latest in markup over the MSRP?

BillyRay

Hi,

I like to know now what are the Dealers really getting for a Dealer markup on the coupes

and the convertibles. I kind of figure the mark ups should be dropping alittle but I may be wrong.

I was told my car is coming the 1st week of Dec. and I put money down May 05.

You guys think the Dealers are still pulling 15K to 20K over MSRP????

I,ve only seen one Shelby on the streets here in Phx. I guess everyone locks them babys up in their garages!!

Thanks for the updates!!!! BillyRay

post-3364-1163545865_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1163545865_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I like to know now what are the Dealers really getting for a Dealer markup on the coupes

and the convertibles. I kind of figure the mark ups should be dropping alittle but I may be wrong.

I,ve only seen one Shelby on the streets here in Phx. I guess everyone locks them babys up in their garages!!

It all depends on the market that you are looking in. I have no way of tracking PHX sales. I would guess that they are higher than where I am in Indiana. Most of the cars in Indiana that I know of have gone for 10 over. I know of one that was bought at MSRP (employee of the dealer) and later sold for 5 over (after a couple thousand miles).

If you follow the ebay market, as Rob said above, the typical is between 10 and 20 over. Go to the completed auctions on the left side of the page. You will be required to sign in, so, you will need an account. That will give you some idea of the current ebay market.

What I see is that recently several of the cars are not selling. Bidding is stopping at about 10-15 over on the Coupes and 10 over on the Verts. The ones that are selling are selling between 10 and 20 over. Most are less than 15 over with the occasional/rare 18-20.

Mall of Georgia Ford Internet Sales has been buying up cars and selling them on ebay. Recently, their bidding has faltered. I have not seen them bid more than 10 over for a while now. They were bidding 15 and 20 over regularly before. They had 2 cars on ebay end today. One did not sell with bidding ending at 10 over. The other sold with a "buy it now" of about 15 over. They apparently see the market softening as well and are paying and asking less.

I doubt you are going to see much better by early December. The drop will be gradual as there are not a ton of cars and there are still a lot of people willing to overpay for the car. 10k over would prob be a fair deal (if you consider paying ADM "fair"). If you are willing to wait, the cars should be much cheaper by late Spring or early Summer. Personally, I think likely March will see the first of the MSRP deals from small dealerships that were holding out to get the top dollar. I think the long winter and details of other performance cars coming out of the auto shows will soften the market.

Hi,

Dude...spend the ADM money on a dentist. This car can't get you any more looks than you're already getting.

I bought mine 13OCT for MSRP.... Of course that was after 2 years of waiting a after nearly a dozen dealers who said they would sell at sticker backed out on me!

I got lucky and had one dealer who stood by me and sold it as promised. I even knew some of the dealers personally but that did not help my cause at all. Once they saw the hype the went ADM crazy just like everyone else!

Now the best part is, that I get calls every few days from dealers who had me on their lists. I love it when they tell me they have a Shelby for me for only 20k markup! They always sound dumbfounded when I tell them I already have one sitting in my garage that I paid sticker for. Hopefully that will help a few of them rethink their huge markups, but then again, I doubt it. :party2:

Jason

I bought mine 13OCT for MSRP.... Of course that was after 2 years of waiting a after nearly a dozen dealers who said they would sell at sticker backed out on me!

I got lucky and had one dealer who stood by me and sold it as promised. I even knew some of the dealers personally but that did not help my cause at all. Once they saw the hype the went ADM crazy just like everyone else!

Now the best part is, that I get calls every few days from dealers who had me on their lists. I love it when they tell me they have a Shelby for me for only 20k markup! They always sound dumbfounded when I tell them I already have one sitting in my garage that I paid sticker for. Hopefully that will help a few of them rethink their huge markups, but then again, I doubt it. :party2:

Jason

I got mine for 5k over MSRP. SOmetimes when I read these posts I feel pretty good about my deal; other occasions, like this one, I can't help but think about all the mods I could have paid for if I'd paid MSRP! :doh:

I got mine for 5k over MSRP. Sometimes when I read these posts I feel pretty good about my deal; other occasions, like this one, I can't help but think about all the mods I could have paid for if I'd paid MSRP! :doh:

Well for what it's worth, I'm a 30yr old guy with a 1yr old son. Anything over MSRP was going to be a deal breaker for me. As bad as I wanted a GT500, I also have other priorities in my life. I just got lucky and things worked out. At the end of the day it's just a car, albeit a bad @ss car! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

On a side note, it is awesome to have this car this early on in production. I get thumbs up from car people everywhere and rockstar treatment at the local Ford Dealers! Owning a GT500 is an experience. On the way home yesterday, I had a guy in a Lotus Elise nearly falling out of his ride to see the Shelby! Not that it would have been much of a fall but still.. :happy feet: :headspin: :banana piano:

Jason

Well for what it's worth, I'm a 30yr old guy with a 1yr old son. Anything over MSRP was going to be a deal breaker for me. As bad as I wanted a GT500, I also have other priorities in my life. I just got lucky and things worked out. At the end of the day it's just a car, albeit a bad @ss car! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

On a side note, it is awesome to have this car this early on in production. I get thumbs up from car people everywhere and rockstar treatment at the local Ford Dealers! Owning a GT500 is an experience. On the way home yesterday, I had a guy in a Lotus Elise nearly falling out of his ride to see the Shelby! Not that it would have been much of a fall but still.. :happy feet: :headspin: :banana piano:

Jason

Jason,

Didn't mean to sound too sour-grapes: I think it's cool you were able to get a Shelby for MSRP! :happy feet:

I got mine for 5k over MSRP. SOmetimes when I read these posts I feel pretty good about my deal; other occasions, like this one, I can't help but think about all the mods I could have paid for if I'd paid MSRP! :doh:

I am paying the ADM, but when I read the posts, I cant help but have a feeling "Good for him" when I hear about the MSRP deals. They are far and few from reality for this car. I have no "buyers remorse" about my ADM. I don't like it, but I am one of the few people that are going to get to own this machine.

I am one of about 7000 or 8000 people that will own a 2007 GT500. This car has not been made for 40 years, so I feel privledged to be getting one. In 2008, there will be another 7000 to 8000 lucky people, and then it might be all over for this car.

With the gas regulations and the Democrats taking the house, things could change for the car manufactures with stiff regulations. :ohsnap:

Jason,

Didn't mean to sound too sour-grapes: I think it's cool you were able to get a Shelby for MSRP! :happy feet:

Oh... no biggie, I didn't take it that way. I wish we all paid invoice but I don't see that happening on this car for a long long time if ever. I do have to admit that I'm a little curious as to what will happen to the market once the Shelby GT, Boss, Challenger, Camaro, etc... all get closer to hitting the market. There are only so many buyers who will pay ~40k+ for a muscle car. :beatdeadhorse:

Now if only my wife could understand that getting this car at sticker was an awesome deal. While she gave in on the purchase, she could really care less about cars. The SC whine make me grin ear to ear, while she just turns really white and grips the door handle... haha So in the end, I have to do whatever she wants for the next couple of years, all for the Shelby. And yes, it's still worth it! :happy feet:

Jason

I am paying the ADM, but when I read the posts, I cant help but have a feeling "Good for him" when I hear about the MSRP deals. They are far and few from reality for this car. I have no "buyers remorse" about my ADM. I don't like it, but I am one of the few people that are going to get to own this machine.

I am one of about 7000 or 8000 people that will own a 2007 GT500. This car has not been made for 40 years, so I feel privledged to be getting one. In 2008, there will be another 7000 to 8000 lucky people, and then it might be all over for this car.

With the gas regulations and the Democrats taking the house, things could change for the car manufactures with stiff regulations. :ohsnap:

Wow, didn't think of that! I thought the old guzzler tax was horrible enough... Now with evil Nancy in power we might be doing good to see a V6 Mustang sold without a gas guzzler tax! First they'll tax us out of our hard earned income, then take our guns and our Shelbys! :extinguish:

I am on record for paying way over msrp...so be it……….I live in silicon valley and its a sellers market………plenty of cash rolling around here...they told me the car would not last 3 days…I called Serramonte ford in san fran. They had 12, sold of them all in less than a week at 28 over and have a wait list of 165 people…..order time- 6-9 months…………..anyway….My dealer was right, they got it Friday, I bought it sunday morn....when I went back to the dealer to pic up my car after lojak install, there was a red convertible on the floor....sticker price?….ready?

85k ........and guess what? they were moving cars off the floor to get it out, as someone had just bought it..it was there less than 48 hours…...

the dealer depending on location can afford to wait out here as like I said, the moneys is around....whatever the market will bare....looking at my signed Shelby picture on the wall, no. 57, and going for a drive earlier this morning just to get some cigars......in my mind, it was worth it....

I am on record for paying way over msrp...so be it……….I live in silicon valley and its a sellers market………plenty of cash rolling around here...they told me the car would not last 3 days…I called Serramonte ford in san fran. They had 12, sold of them all in less than a week at 28 over and have a wait list of 165 people…..order time- 6-9 months…………..anyway….My dealer was right, they got it Friday, I bought it sunday morn....when I went back to the dealer to pic up my car after lojak install, there was a red convertible on the floor....sticker price?….ready?

85k ........and guess what? they were moving cars off the floor to get it out, as someone had just bought it..it was there less than 48 hours…...

the dealer depending on location can afford to wait out here as like I said, the moneys is around....whatever the market will bare....looking at my signed Shelby picture on the wall, no. 57, and going for a drive earlier this morning just to get some cigars......in my mind, it was worth it....

Life is good. :banana piano:

Oh... no biggie, I didn't take it that way. I wish we all paid invoice but I don't see that happening on this car for a long long time if ever. I do have to admit that I'm a little curious as to what will happen to the market once the Shelby GT, Boss, Challenger, Camaro, etc... all get closer to hitting the market. There are only so many buyers who will pay ~40k+ for a muscle car. :beatdeadhorse:

Now if only my wife could understand that getting this car at sticker was an awesome deal. While she gave in on the purchase, she could really care less about cars. The SC whine make me grin ear to ear, while she just turns really white and grips the door handle... haha So in the end, I have to do whatever she wants for the next couple of years, all for the Shelby. And yes, it's still worth it! :happy feet:

Jason

Wow, didn't think of that! I thought the old guzzler tax was horrible enough... Now with evil Nancy in power we might be doing good to see a V6 Mustang sold without a gas guzzler tax! First they'll tax us out of our hard earned income, then take our guns and our Shelbys! :extinguish:

When I read "evil Nancy" I think Nancy Reagan! :spiteful:

i am from lafayette,louisiana, bought it out of east tx.

bought blue w/tungsten stipes was told about 60 days :hysterical:

how long do you guys really think it will take?

Welcome back.

Ford builds 50 of these each day during the work week

Once your car is built, It could take up to 30 days to get it due to striping, quality checks and rail car issues.

Has the dealer given you a copy of the DORA or a build date ?

Did you order a Coupe or a vert ?

Welcome back.

Ford builds 50 of these each day during the work week

Once your car is built, It could take up to 30 days to get it due to striping, quality checks and rail car issues.

Has the dealer given you a copy of the DORA or a build date ?

Did you order a Coupe or a vert ?

:beatdeadhorse: Is this in Dave's FAQ? If not, lets get it there. :finger:

Archived