TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500KR lower grille

CrzyHorse

Hey guys I was hoping that one of you fortunate KR owners :drool: might know the part number for the lower grille on a KR. I really think the lower circles contribute to the aggressive look on the Shelby's and hope to get the grill. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lower Circles???

Are you referring to the front brake ducts? ( The 2 silver ovals?)

You can purchase the grill and brake ducts at Shelby Performance Parts SPP.

Brake Ducts

Lower Grill

Hey guys I was hoping that one of you fortunate KR owners :drool: might know the part number for the lower grille on a KR. I really think the lower circles contribute to the aggressive look on the Shelby's and hope to get the grill. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I got the bezels and cutout lower grille from SSP.

post-19964-1238549769_thumb.jpg

post-19964-1238549769_thumb.jpg

Awesome looking car exactly what I hope to have.

How was the fitment because it says:

MAY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL MODIFICATION FOR EXACT BEZEL FITMENT)

You may have to dick around with fitting bezels in the lower grille a bit, but no big deal. If your are buying the lower grille with the cutouts, fit the bezels in first before you start removing the front clip. If you want to save some money you can use your existing lower grille, they are already marked on the backside for the bezel cutouts. Removing the lower grille from the front clip was bit of a hassle. I think it took me about 1-1/2 hrs start to finish. I also have the FRPP Brake Cooling kit (M-2004-A) to install next.

You may have to dick around with fitting bezels in the lower grille a bit, but no big deal. If your are buying the lower grille with the cutouts, fit the bezels in first before you start removing the front clip. If you want to save some money you can use your existing lower grille, they are already marked on the backside for the bezel cutouts. Removing the lower grille from the front clip was bit of a hassle. I think it took me about 1-1/2 hrs start to finish. I also have the FRPP Brake Cooling kit (M-2004-A) to install next.

Does the brake cooling kit actually make a difference in the performance of the brakes or is it a minor unnoticeable difference? Does it justify the cost or should I spend the money elsewhere?

Archived