TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A few painted parts

sandyman

Had the tower brace, radiator cover and mirrors painted. What do you think?

That's lookin good Sandy!!! Now that mine are on, I can see how Redline changed the hood struts for the '07 Shelbys. Who made your chrome/polished aluminum strut covers?

When mine grows up, I want it to look as good as yours.......

post-5894-1163535503_thumb.jpg

post-5894-1163535788_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the kind replys guys. Now I'm really glad I did it. 07 GT500, there is alot of difference in our Redlines. I just ordered them for an 07 Mustang so they wouldn't be confused and installed them like on my Limer. Billit is from UPR Products http://www.uprproducts.com/

Ruff, make sure they take the mirrows apart so they can paint the inside.

post-3640-1163538370_thumb.jpg

Did they smooth the surface of your mirrors? Sanded? Body filler? Or did they paint over the textured surface?

Yes, they're sanded. The prep time was extensive. They are as slick as a cats you know what. I had it painted at a local Ford dealership and the paint guys are just great. They did the hood and other stuff on my Limer and I always take the trophies out so they can see them. They take pride in what they do which is kinda rare with younger folks today.

Yes, they're sanded. The prep time was extensive. They are as slick as a cats you know what. I had it painted at a local Ford dealership and the paint guys are just great. They did the hood and other stuff on my Limer and I always take the trophies out so they can see them. They take pride in what they do which is kinda rare with younger folks today.

Who is your dealer?

You shoulda had the brace painted yellow, then it would look like McDonalds in there. :hysterical:

Seriously though, looks nice...especially the mirrors (have I said that enough times yet?)

Dave

Ok....I have to ask this....

Are you a male or female? I mean with a name like sandyman, it's hard to tell.

By the way, you are the one with that Legend lime car with the really neat hood.

Dude, are you an artist? You come up with some cool ideas. Come on, don't lie to us now...is your name Picasso Sandyman? :hysterical:

Dave

Very slick. Well done!

I see you've got the "Chrome" covers on the strut towers!

Mine are inbound.

Mastersmech1 showed me "his" and I had to have them! :hyper:

Mirros get painted next week. Oh, yeah!

RUF, trying to help you out here....

If you don't stop saying Chrome, old Chrome Nuts himself is going to be INBOUND to your house. And let me tell you something else, a Huey won't fly if the rotors have been cut off with a hack saw. :hysterical:

Dave

Thanks for the kind replys guys. Now I'm really glad I did it. 07 GT500, there is alot of difference in our Redlines. I just ordered them for an 07 Mustang so they wouldn't be confused and installed them like on my Limer. Billit is from UPR Products http://www.uprproducts.com/

Ruff, make sure they take the mirrows apart so they can paint the inside.

Dude, you got a 4-roll pack of paper towels up there by the door...you'll use them up in one day of cleaning those Mustangs. :camera:

What kind of price could I expect just for the mirrors?

I paid $440.00 just for the mirrors. Ruf is paying alittle less for his. There is no way 60 bucks will be a good job. Lots of sanding is involved and they have to be slick.

Who is your dealer?

Legacy Ford in Richmond. Across the world for you being in Tomball.

You shoulda had the brace painted yellow, then it would look like McDonalds in there. :hysterical:

Seriously though, looks nice...especially the mirrors (have I said that enough times yet?)

Dave

Ok....I have to ask this....

Are you a male or female? I mean with a name like sandyman, it's hard to tell.

By the way, you are the one with that Legend lime car with the really neat hood.

Dude, are you an artist? You come up with some cool ideas. Come on, don't lie to us now...is your name Picasso Sandyman? :hysterical:

Dave

RUF, trying to help you out here....

If you don't stop saying Chrome, old Chrome Nuts himself is going to be INBOUND to your house. And let me tell you something else, a Huey won't fly if the rotors have been cut off with a hack saw. :hysterical:

Dave

Dude, you got a 4-roll pack of paper towels up there by the door...you'll use them up in one day of cleaning those Mustangs. :camera:

Hummm McDonalds. Naw Male, that's why I added man to the name so that you guys wouldn't talk wierd to me. :hysterical:

Archived