TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Product for SuperSnake Owners

:happy feet: :happy feet: New product for all SuperSnake owners who want to put wider rubber and still want to use the stock SuperSnake wheels...you don't need 11" wheels.... all you need is a stock SS axle cut down 1/2" on both ends. Working with Gateway Classic Mustang and Moser we managed to produce a duplicate SS axle with all the SS upgrades that looks totally stock. The tires fit right up under the opening just like stock! Worked a deal for a discount for the first 25 people who want one.

Price for the replacement axle assy is $1990 plus shipping....I live in St. Louis and frt was only $100.....

Includes all the Motorcraft lubricants/additive(shipped separately)

Ford Racing 3.73 gears

Special price for the first 25 units sold $1890

Contact Gateway Classic Mustang

Jason Childress

Toll Free:

1-800-396-6488

GatewayClassicMustang

The 305's don't rub or hit anymore...I wanted the wider rubber but wanted to keep using the special SS wheels...I have no idea what the cost of the new 11" Alcoa's with the proper offset are going to cost but this will probably be cheaper......If you want them to convert your existing axle the savings is $600. I decided to keep my original one for sentimental value. Gateway will even install it for $200 if your in the area. They are going to be in Birmingham if you need them to bring one...I've attached some before and after pictures. Please direct all technical questions to Jason at the provided number...

Reg

post-2458-1238468544_thumb.jpg

post-2458-1238468562_thumb.jpg

post-2458-1238468694_thumb.jpg

post-2458-1238468733_thumb.jpg

post-2458-1238468759_thumb.jpg

post-2458-1238468799_thumb.jpg

post-2458-1238468825_thumb.jpg

post-2458-1238468544_thumb.jpg

post-2458-1238468562_thumb.jpg

post-2458-1238468694_thumb.jpg

post-2458-1238468733_thumb.jpg

post-2458-1238468759_thumb.jpg

post-2458-1238468799_thumb.jpg

post-2458-1238468825_thumb.jpg

What about the rear brake cooling ducts?

With the 11's they say the cooling ducts will no longer fit and will have to be removed..

Are they still here with this setup?

And why a new 373 gear, that is what is in the SS axle now? :headscratch::headscratch:

With the 11's they say the cooling ducts will no longer fit and will have to be removed..

And why a new 373 gear, that is what is in the SS axle now? :headscratch::headscratch:

It looks like they are sending a COMPLETE set up! New gear, new axles and new HOUSING! Thats why it has the gear. Its already put together

I dont think you could put a shorter axle in the same HOUSING.

MM

OK so a whole new setup but I would still think the current 373 wouls fit.

Also, did they leave the brake cooling on the rear?

The rear brake cooling won't work with this setup or the 11" Alcoa's

The 3.73's is what Shelby puts on all the Supersnakes and 40th upgrades I beleive?

This modification cuts 1/2" off each end of the housing and new axle's are fabricated for the shorter length

Reg

I'm working on a new rear brake duct system for this setup and hope to have it done before the 45th...also working on a laser cut strut tower brace for all the KB users...it will be made from 3/8" thick 6061-t6 aircraft aluminum if I can get all the angles worked out..... :banghead:

I'm working on a new rear brake duct system for this setup and hope to have it done before the 45th...also working on a laser cut strut tower brace for all the KB users...it will be made from 3/8" thick 6061-t6 aircraft aluminum if I can get all the angles worked out..... :banghead:

WOW, that would be awesome. Let us know how it turns out, thanks :happy feet:

Anyone know whether 285's or 295's will fit on the 10" wheels without modification?

There are few sizes available in a 285 or 295 in a 20" wheel. I have a 285/30/20 now and its not enough sidewall. A 295/35/20 would be nice but BFG, Nitto and Toyo dont make one that I know of.

• 5 weeks later...

I am on the same quest as all the SS owners for a bigger tire, but I do not understand this "new axle deal"? Why do you need to buy a new housing, gear's, and axles to narrow your axle buy 1/2 on each side? Why cant you just cut the current housing and axles? Am I missing something?

I am on the same quest as all the SS owners for a bigger tire, but I do not understand this "new axle deal"? Why do you need to buy a new housing, gear's, and axles to narrow your axle buy 1/2 on each side? Why cant you just cut the current housing and axles? Am I missing something?

You can. This is a route for people to have less down time and not alter their factory rear end.

Cutting your current axle takes time - this axle saves time and is easy to swap back if needed.

Another alternative I saw this morning:

Cobra Jet 9" Axle

With the introduction of the FR500CJ Mustang, many new high performance parts will become available in the FRPP Catalog. This week, Ford Racing is pleased to announce the availability our new Cobra Jet 9 Inch Axle assembly. Put some bite in your late model Mustang with this competition tested 9" axle. With 4.10:1 gearing, this stout axle can handle big horsepower in your Mustang.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...tKeyField=10894

It states it is a "narrowed axle housing as compared to stock Mustang" but I don't know by how much.

[Cobra Jet 9" Axle

With the introduction of the FR500CJ Mustang, many new high performance parts will become available in the FRPP Catalog. This week, Ford Racing is pleased to announce the availability our new Cobra Jet 9 Inch Axle assembly. Put some bite in your late model Mustang with this competition tested 9" axle. With 4.10:1 gearing, this stout axle can handle big horsepower in your Mustang.

I like the look of this option, but it comes with a Pro gear set from Strange. The Pro gear is a drag race only set. Its a softer steel to keep from breaking teeth, but it will not handle the heat of regular driving. I looked into these for some of my offroad trucks. Unless you have a diff fluid cooler you would be lucky to get a feww hundred miles of highway driving on them before the heat treating was broken down on the gear. Then next launch and BOOM! Not to mention I do not think I would want to drive with a spool much on the street.

:happy feet: :happy feet: New product for all SuperSnake owners who want to put wider rubber and still want to use the stock SuperSnake wheels...you don't need 11" wheels.... all you need is a stock SS axle cut down 1/2" on both ends. Working with Gateway Classic Mustang and Moser we managed to produce a duplicate SS axle with all the SS upgrades that looks totally stock. The tires fit right up under the opening just like stock! Worked a deal for a discount for the first 25 people who want one.

Price for the replacement axle assy is $1990 plus shipping....I live in St. Louis and frt was only $100.....

Ford Racing 3.73 gears

Jason Childress

Toll Free:

1-800-396-6488

GatewayClassicMustang

The 305's don't rub or hit anymore...I wanted the wider rubber but wanted to keep using the special SS wheels...I have no idea what the cost of the new 11" Alcoa's with the proper offset are going to cost but this will probably be cheaper......If you want them to convert your existing axle the savings is $600. I decided to keep my original one for sentimental value. Gateway will even install it for $200 if your in the area. They are going to be in Birmingham if you need them to bring one...I've attached some before and after pictures. Please direct all technical questions to Jason at the provided number...

Reg

It would be nice to buy a shortened axle assy. like this, add the Super Snake Baer rear caliper upgrade, and bolt the whole assy. into the car and kill two birds with one stone (as it were). Get rear tires in slightly and the 6 piston Extreme rear brakes with calipers to match the front, both at the same time, while leaving the correct original Super Snake conversion axle assy. in-tact. Nice!!

Looks like approx. $6K here^^^^^^^^^^^, the cooling system upgrade, another $2500 or so, and probably a couple other items............what's another $10K in a $80-$90K Super Snake?? It's only $$$ :yup:

I want to know if the 275's from the rear 10" wheels can be moved to the front 9" wheels and fit properly and then upgrade to 295's on the rear 10"??

R

It is also a great time to remove all of the factory RUST that all of our cars are plagued with upon delivery.

It would be nice to buy a shortened axle assy. like this, add the Super Snake Baer rear caliper upgrade, and bolt the whole assy. into the car and kill two birds with one stone (as it were). Get rear tires in slightly and the 6 piston Extreme rear brakes with calipers to match the front, both at the same time, while leaving the correct original Super Snake conversion axle assy. in-tact. Nice!!

Looks like approx. $6K here^^^^^^^^^^^, the cooling system upgrade, another $2500 or so, and probably a couple other items............what's another $10K in a $80-$90K Super Snake?? It's only $$$ :yup:

I want to know if the 275's from the rear 10" wheels can be moved to the front 9" wheels and fit properly and then upgrade to 295's on the rear 10"??

R

275/35/20s work fine up front on my 20x9 Razors. I have the 305/35/20s on widened 10.5" Razors in the rear. Looks like I'll be ordering this axle setup shortly. I hope the first 25 deal is still on.

So Reg - were you able to lower the car down once you had the new axle installed? Any clearance issues at all?

yep lowered it back down...no problem...just tell Jason to give you the deal...whenever you do it....I like still having the original axle for future use...pretty sure the cost of this setup will be less than (2) new 11" Alco wheel's if they ever become a reality...

Ford Racing 3.73 gears

Jason Childress

Toll Free:

1-800-396-6488

GatewayClassicMustang

Reg

Reg - What tire size are you running on the front? Are they still P Zero's on the 9's?

Archived