TEAM SHELBY FORUM

wheel hop on supersnakes?

I have had no wheel hop ( man I tried ) with the FRPP installed on my SS :happy feet: .

My SS is in the shop getting the Griggs GR40TT rear system with the Watts links. For me, this is the next step to getting all that 725 HP to the ground.

I have had no wheel hop ( man I tried ) with the FRPP installed on my SS :happy feet: .

My SS is in the shop getting the Griggs GR40TT rear system with the Watts links. For me, this is the next step to getting all that 725 HP to the ground.

I just checked out some youtube videos on that system and it definitely looks like it takes the car to another level. What is that system going to run for cost? Please let us know after you get it installed and put some miles on it how you like it.

no hop,but........................................................

there seems to be a lot of rubber on the street behind the car :cry::cry::cry:

:happy feet: :happy feet:

no hop,but........................................................

there seems to be a lot of rubber on the street behind the car :cry::cry::cry:

:happy feet: :happy feet:

:hysterical::hysterical:

I just checked out some youtube videos on that system and it definitely looks like it takes the car to another level. What is that system going to run for cost? Please let us know after you get it installed and put some miles on it how you like it.

Around $5500.00 installed. I'll post how she does on the track at Buttonwillow.

I'll post how she does on the track at Buttonwillow.

I can tell you now how it will be..... Fantastic....

I dont know the difference between the GR40 TT and what i have (i have the GR40 ST plus Watts Link from Griggs) on

my super snake and she goes like a bat out of hell on the track !!! And sticks to the corners like glue.

On the road, the power gets converted to the pavement much better now. I feel more in control of the horse power

under the bonnet, having installed the Griggs (mind you though, i have the full setup, front and back).

Dont get me wrong here guys, im not knocking the standard super snake suspension, the griggs just takes the whole

setup to a new playing level. I probably have gone a tad overboard haha, but given the cost in getting the car down

under, conversion costs, taxes etc, the extra cost for the griggs is a rounding error haha.

You will LOVE IT....

Yeah, I hop sometimes. If I am not totally focused on gas and clutch in 1st gear takeoff, I lose it. 2nd is okay. I have the Eibach suspension. Sounds like Griggs makes an important difference. If I go Griggs, I go front and rear. Which Griggs :happy feet: setup is optimal for a mostly streeter like myself? :happy feet:

Which Griggs :happy feet: setup is optimal for a mostly streeter like myself? :happy feet:

I would reccommend starting with the GR40 SS, you can always upgrade, definitely add the watts link.

The GR40 ST is a good combination if you want to go a bit harder at the track.

Personally i prefer the firmer ride, and i am comfortable with the GR40 ST every day.

Talk to Colin Sebern at Griggs about it.

I would offer you a ride in mine, if you want to hop on a plane and travel down under haha.

Cheers.

Archived