S197 Boss Mustang Content  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Engine (Minimum HP - 400 )

• 5.0L 4V N/A "Cammer" Engine
    • 5.4L 4V N/A Engine, All Aluminum
    • 5.4L 4V N/A Engine, Iron Block, Aluminum Heads
    • 6.2L 4V N/A Engine, All Aluminum
    • 6.2L 4V N/A Engine, Iron Block, Aluminum Heads
  2. 2. Rear Suspension Options (Entire car lowered a min of 1" - 1.5" over GT)

• Independent Rear Suspension
    • Current SLA with Higher Rate Springs
  3. 3. FAVORITE Color Choice

• Metallic Black
    • Black
    • White
    • Metallic Gray
    • Lime Green
    • Calypso Coral
    • Grabber Blue
    • Grabber Green
    • Grabber Yellow
    • Grabber Orange

You are correct. I knew that. I used to have a M code 70 Mach 1. That is what I would like but am afraid Ford won't build something similar to a 428 SCJ so I would like to see the Boss with something like that. It isn't too much of a stretch to put this stuff as options, but for purists sake, as mentioned, it wouldn't be the same and I agree.

SO build me my SCJ Mach 1 Ford or a Boss 429 will do as well! ;)

Build a Boss 302 for me and Boss 429 for you!! Sounds like a plan!!

And welcome to the boards, enjoy your stay!!! :happy feet:

Welcome, ERStettin ...and maybe a '12 OHC alloy big-block Boss and Mach! (what the hey? ;)

I am with you buddy. If Ford really wants to get it right, give us the canted valve head instead of the inline. How about a canted valve 6.2 high rpm screamer pushing 500 hp? My old 4bbl Cleveland would rev to the moon. Lets keep the new Boss as close to the original Boss as we can. ;)

• 5 months later...

A 302 is fine if you dont mind getting bullied around by 425 horse Challengers and 400 horse Camaros. Remember, those are just there entry level engines. Within a couple model years of introduction those numbers are going up. We need cubic engines, RPM and gearing. Since the 6.2 wont be out until 2011 or 12 I'll take the 5.4 with weight saving aluminum block and rev to the moon 4 valve heads.

Todd

• 4 weeks later...
A 302 is fine if you dont mind getting bullied around by 425 horse Challengers and 400 horse Camaros. Remember, those are just there entry level engines. Within a couple model years of introduction those numbers are going up. We need cubic engines, RPM and gearing. Since the 6.2 wont be out until 2011 or 12 I'll take the 5.4 with weight saving aluminum block and rev to the moon 4 valve heads.

Todd

You don't even need to look to the future to see that GM and Dodge are owning Ford all up and down the performance spectrum. There's no supercharged Roush, Saleen, or GT500 that compares with a current Charger SRT in "bang for the buck", you have to invest $50-60k and get all kinds of junk options you don't want or need. Ford needs to build a strong n/a engine and stop fooling around with this supercharger nonsense to make up for poor-performing engines. I want 400 hp in the 5.4-6.2 range.

Did anyone else receive the Ford poll last month? It was sent to current owners, and was related to the upcoming Mustang redesign and engine offerings. I wish I had copied the survey and posted it here but I wasn't thinking at the time. Supposely, the current 4.0 V6 is being tossed in favor of the superior 3.5-liter, which currently puts out 220hp, but is being bumped up to 240 for the next-gen Mustang V6. I don't remember the options...but one of them was a twin-turbo V6 for "+$1000". I wrote in the comment box "You and I both know two turbochargers will cost a $(*@ of a lot more than $1000!" :)

Does anyone know if there's a copy of this survey posted online anywhere? I checked the option for "370-hp V8" but don't remember the details. In the comment box I wrote "Please just build a simple, no-frills, lightweight, 400hp n/a Mustang, with no bloomin nav system or any other crap I don't want or need."

• 6 months later...

Archived