TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roof Stripe replacement Info needed?

So my dealer replaced the stripes under warranty while they had the car on the lot. The roof stripes were improperly installed (too far back from windhield ad wavy).

Dealer agreed to purchase the stripes and replace them, so taking car in tomorrow for scoop and roof stripe replacements.

If I understand correctly, the roof stripe is set back approx. 1/4 inch with 1 inch gap in the center? Is this the correct info to relay to the installer? Any other advice?

So my dealer replaced the stripes under warranty while they had the car on the lot. The roof stripes were improperly installed (too far back from windhield ad wavy).

Dealer agreed to purchase the stripes and replace them, so taking car in tomorrow for scoop and roof stripe replacements.

If I understand correctly, the roof stripe is set back approx. 1/4 inch with 1 inch gap in the center? Is this the correct info to relay to the installer? Any other advice?

The 07's, not sure of the 08's, are 1/4" (sometimes a little less) back from the windshield molding and roll under the back window. This is important as the back or end of the stripe goes in and under the rear glass gap. This is often where replacements mess up. The installer assumes the front or start of the stripe should be close the the front molding and end up with too little at the end. I have heard that sometimes there is enough stripe to do both but I haven't seen that. You want the stripe to disappear under the rear glass and if you look closely it should travel down and out of sight.

You are correct that the stripes are 1" apart, on center, such that from the front of the car the 1" hood gap line goes right up to the roof line when viewed from the front.

Be warned that like the hood the roof will also have a tendency to bow out to 1 and 1/4" as you work towards the center so care must be taken to do it right.

Good luck!

JeffIsHereToo,

Your info is what I had thought was correct! I will ensure I impress upon the shop to insure installer maintains the 1" gap!

Any info on the stripe for the scoop? I reviewed the instructions that came with the pre-drilled scoop (as this is the first one for my 07) and no mention on when or how to align the 1" stripe on the scoop?

JeffIsHereToo,

Your info is what I had thought was correct! I will ensure I impress upon the shop to insure installer maintains the 1" gap!

Any info on the stripe for the scoop? I reviewed the instructions that came with the pre-drilled scoop (as this is the first one for my 07) and no mention on when or how to align the 1" stripe on the scoop?

The scoop stripe should align with the hood stripe gap. So lay the scoop on the hood and mark where the hood stripe gap falls then lay the stripe on with the scoop on s smooth surface so it tucks under front and back.

Good luck!

Archived