TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GM, Obama and the Z-28

Stopped at the grocery store tonight and while waiting on a prescription decided to read a magazine. I think it was General Motors Trend. They mentioned there is a new Z-28 on the drawing board with over 560 HP. It is ready to go but is being delayed due to concerns that the vehicle is not politically correct. There may be a push to build a limited number knowing they will be instant collector items and create profit for the dealerships. Then on the news tonight I heard where the GM CEO, Rick Wagonner is stepping down because obama demanded his resignation. That tells us how much influence obama, pelosi, gore, reid, kennedy, et al have. Isn't communism wonderful. If we keep telling ourselves this it wont hurt as much when it is complete.

Sure see 'nough Obama bumper stickers!!

It's really unfortunate - that Z28 looked like it was going to be quite the machine. Hopefully it will come out at some point - I don't want to see the death of muscle cars just yet... GM seems to be caught in a catch-22 with that Z28 - great car, but as you mentioned, it may not be right because of the trouble they're in at the moment. The government would rather see them put the money towards the economical cars that "people would buy" as opposed to a maybe sour project that wouldn't create a whole lot of sales... at least with this economy...

Stopped at the grocery store tonight and while waiting on a prescription decided to read a magazine. I think it was General Motors Trend. They mentioned there is a new Z-28 on the drawing board with over 560 HP. It is ready to go but is being delayed due to concerns that the vehicle is not politically correct. There may be a push to build a limited number knowing they will be instant collector items and create profit for the dealerships. Then on the news tonight I heard where the GM CEO, Rick Wagonner is stepping down because obama demanded his resignation. That tells us how much influence obama, pelosi, gore, reid, kennedy, et al have. Isn't communism wonderful. If we keep telling ourselves this it wont hurt as much when it is complete.

I agree with you!

We should have let the capitalist free market prevail and let them all fail. They made their bed...tried to put a gun to our heads with doom if we didn't pay up to keep them afloat, Obama called them on it! Hey why should we tax payers bail them out without any conditions. Have we learned nothing from AIG? :banghead:

I would rather have seen us let them restructure the way those that were taken by GMAC sub-prime ARM mortgages and those they let go in layoffs. I think it's called bankruptcy?

:headscratch:

I agree with you!

We should have let the capitalist free market prevail and let them all fail. They made their bed...tried to put a gun to our heads with doom if we didn't pay up to keep them afloat, Obama called them on it! Hey why should we tax payers bail them out without any conditions. Have we learned nothing from AIG? :banghead:

I would rather have seen us let them restructure the way those that were taken by GMAC sub-prime ARM mortgages and those they let go in layoffs. I think it's called bankruptcy?

me too.

I'll be shocked in that Z28 ever gets built.

I dont understand, I know a lot of people and I really dont know anyone who voted for Obama. Most people I know tell me they dont know anyone who voted for him either.

You have to go to the inner city to find most of those people. Welfare, Food stamps, Government housing, Government jobs,

Get The Idea???

Not to many Shelby People voted for that Knuckle Head, But there are a some.

Prove it!

Ask and ye shall receive!

http://www.gallup.com/poll/111781/Blacks-P...ma-Prevail.aspx

"Another striking change between the 2004 and 2008 elections is the preferences of the most highly educated Americans. Obama attracted the highest level of support from postgraduate educated Americans (64%) of any recent Democratic candidate. Four years ago, 53% of this group backed Kerry, fairly typical of the historic pattern. Obama also made gains among college graduates and those with only some college. The only group to show a decline in support for the Democratic nominee in 2008 was those with no college education."

As for the President's approval rating:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116845/Obama-Ap...sh-Clinton.aspx

"President Barack Obama's job approval rating, at 61% in the latest three-day average of Gallup Poll Daily tracking, is slightly above where George W. Bush's and in particular Bill Clinton's were at this point in mid-March of the first years of their administrations."

It would seem a vocal segment of TS is in that 30+% that do not hold a favorable view of his first 60 days as President but I still luv ya! :happy feet:

OK - I'll try to paint the picture a little better for you. The inner city vote that those here like to time and time again point to - for the most part - always vote Democrat. And those on the rural right - generally always vote Republican. Those two voting blocks essentially always cancel each other out. It's the educated independents and moderates, both Democrat and Republican, that essentially decide elections. They went for Obama in great numbers. I'd venture to add that you more than likely know many of them. They just prefer to remain anonymous given the likely emotional response they may receive.

OK - I'll try to paint the picture a little better for you. The inner city vote that those here like to time and time again point to - for the most part - always vote Democrat. And those on the rural right - generally always vote Republican. Those two voting blocks essentially always cancel each other out. It's the educated independents and moderates, both Democrat and Republican, that essentially decide elections. They went for Obama in great numbers. I'd venture to add that you more than likely know many of them. They just prefer to remain anonymous given the likely emotional response they may receive.

Ill have to give you that one, I feel like running anyone off the road with a OB sticker on the bumper. Of course, I have had conversations with several of my friends that voted for him. The shake thier heads and say "What did I do?"

Ill have to give you that one, I feel like running anyone off the road with a OB sticker on the bumper. Of course, I have had conversations with several of my friends that voted for him. The shake thier heads and say "What did I do?"

Now you feel the way I did everytime I saw a "W" sticker.

Now you feel the way I did everytime I saw a "W" sticker.

In my research, I found Not only did Carter require the low income loans, And not only did Clinton increase those loans, Mr Bush did the same thing! Im none to happy with that

In my research, I found Not only did Carter require the low income loans, And not only did Clinton increase those loans, Mr Bush did the same thing! Im none to happy with that

They were all well-intentioned. Though remember, the real problem here is the the deregulation of Wall Street and Banking. They took the ill-conceived subprime loans and repackaged them as securities with no reserve backing. That's what created the toxic investments and credit crisis.

I attached 2 maps of this past election.

1st map: Presidential Election Results by Congressional District

Presidential_Election_Results_by_Congressional_District.pdf

2nd map: Presidential Election Results by County

Presidential_Election_Results_by_County.pdf

Obama = Blue

McCain = Red

What color would you find the big city's?

Are there no white educated males in the Red areas?

Presidential_Election_Results_by_Congressional_District.pdf

Presidential_Election_Results_by_County.pdf

"Another striking change between the 2004 and 2008 elections is the preferences of the most highly educated Americans. Obama attracted the highest level of support from postgraduate educated Americans (64%) of any recent Democratic candidate. Four years ago, 53% of this group backed Kerry, fairly typical of the historic pattern. Obama also made gains among college graduates and those with only some college. The only group to show a decline in support for the Democratic nominee in 2008 was those with no college education."

It appears to me that the definition of "educated" is not what it used to be! Obviously, there has been a "change".

Are there no white educated males in the Red areas?[/b]

Of course there are. Why must some always speak in terms of absolutes? There are no absolutes. Though the majority of the educated population exists in the suburban and exurban communities. The majority of the non-college educated poulation exists in the rural areas of the country.

See attached:

NYTimes1999.pdf

NYTimes1999.pdf

As for the President's approval rating:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116845/Obama-Ap...sh-Clinton.aspx

"President Barack Obama's job approval rating, at 61% in the latest three-day average of Gallup Poll Daily tracking, is slightly above where George W. Bush's and in particular Bill Clinton's were at this point in mid-March of the first years of their administrations."

nobochart.jpg

Of course there are. Why must some always speak in terms of absolutes? There are no absolutes. Though the majority of the educated population exists in the suburban and exurban communities. The majority of the non-college educated poulation exists in the rural areas of the country.

Heres where I agree with you. I truly believe that the country is not split 50/50. I see the country as 5 percent extreem left, 5 percent extreem right and 90 percent somewhere in between. We have been told there is a 50/50 split so we believe it. The problem is, most of the politicians pander to one extreem or the other. For my conservative friends, tell me, What did Mr Bush do about the immagrant issue? And to my Democratic friends, what did the extreem liberals try to do to Joe Liberman (a man I dont agree with a lot but respect)

See attached:

NYTimes1999.pdf

You guys are gonna love this - I actually worked for Fannie from 95-00. I ran the mainframes there at the time.

Remember - you can consider these sub prime loans the first domino, but if this were the extent of wrong-doing, we would have had no credit crisis nor the economic failure we have now. It's the subsequent investments and hedge funds run amok that was the nail in the coffin of this problem. Yes - none of this would have happened without the subprime mess. Though if the missteps were limited to just those loans, we wouldn't be in the deep do-do we now find ourselves in. The kicker was the deregulation.

You guys are gonna love this - I actually worked for Fannie from 95-00. I ran the mainframes there at the time.

Remember - you can consider these sub prime loans the first domino, but if this were the extent of wrong-doing, we would have had no credit crisis nor the economic failure we have now. It's the subsequent investments and hedge funds run amok that was the nail in the coffin of this problem. Yes - none of this would have happened without the subprime mess. Though if the missteps were limited to just those loans, we wouldn't be in the deep do-do we now find ourselves in. The kicker was the deregulation.

Two time in one night we agree! There are so many things involved in the collapse. Everyone had a hand

They were all well-intentioned. Though remember, the real problem here is the the deregulation of Wall Street and Banking. They took the ill-conceived subprime loans and repackaged them as securities with no reserve backing. That's what created the toxic investments and credit crisis.

And when did they start doing this? What de-regulation did the Bush administration push through, and if that happened I sure as hell heard nothing out of the Democrats fussing about it? As a matter of fact Frank blocked regulation. Put the blame where it belongs and your arguments will carry more weight.

Actually, I was reading my motor trend magazine just now and the car is using the same engine from the CTS-V and it produces 556 HP which is technically 560. Either way, it's fast. :shift:

Archived