TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone Change their Shift Boot?

I want to order a new shift boot, I was looking at Redline, I have always used them for these items. Here is the issue, the one on the car now does not fit right, it seems as if they made the stock one fit the Hurst shifter or something. Has anyone changed their boot and been happy with the result? If so how hard was it to change and where did you get the boot?

Thanks,

Bill

I want to order a new shift boot, I was looking at Redline, I have always used them for these items. Here is the issue, the one on the car now does not fit right, it seems as if they made the stock one fit the Hurst shifter or something. Has anyone changed their boot and been happy with the result? If so how hard was it to change and where did you get the boot?

Thanks,

Bill

Interesting mine fits like a glove. :headscratch:

With the Hurst shifter kit, there's a nylon (or hard plastic) ring that goes around the shifter at or just below where the boot ends on the shifter lever itself. The ring stretches out the stock Mustang shifter boot at the opening (if it doesn't pop a stitch or two). I found this out when I put the Hurst short throw in my Bullitt.

I just went to look at it. Actually it was the shifter, the boot was stuck under the left side of the shifter. If you feel the shifter under the boot it sticks out on the left side, my boot was getting stuck under it.

Regardless I want a higher quality Boot, has anyone changed theirs? How hard was it?

was going to change mine, with one from redline as well, but didn't go out into the cold garage this winter to figure out how much shorter to order it. Then I had forgotten about it until now--it shouldn't be very difficult to change, though.

Thanks,

Bill

I bought the GT500 steering wheel with the boot from FRPP. Real leather boot and not the fake leather that comes with the mustang. It is tight fit with the Hurst grommet and the boot.

I bought the GT500 steering wheel with the boot from FRPP. Real leather boot and not the fake leather that comes with the mustang. It is tight fit with the Hurst grommet and the boot.

How difficult was the install??? Do you have to take apart the entire console?

Archived