TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cigarette Tax Increase

In addition to the Obama tax, Florida is looking to add an additional $1.00 per pack in taxes. My wife does the shopping so I'm not sure what I'm paying per pack but I'm guessing they will be $6.00 per pack before it's over. Screw 'em. I'll just keep smoking to spite them!

In addition to the Obama tax, Florida is looking to add an additional $1.00 per pack in taxes. My wife does the shopping so I'm not sure what I'm paying per pack but I'm guessing they will be $6.00 per pack before it's over. Screw 'em. I'll just keep smoking to spite them!

I would like to take this time to Thank You for you Tax Dollars...... :rockon:

Speaking of which - I just heard the Rick Wagoner GM CEO is resigning at "the request of the White House".

Best thing they ever did in IL was ban smoking in public places.

The bar owners said they were going to loose business when the law was proposed. Guess what!?!?! Business in bars and restaurants has increased with many more of us who don't smoke going out more often and those that do just dealing with it.

It's nice to be able to go out for an evening of dinner, drinks, and dancing and not have to get in the shower the minute you walk in the door.

:happy feet:

The bar owners said they were going to loose business when the law was proposed. Guess what!?!?! Business in bars and restaurants has increased with many more of us who don't smoke going out more often and those that do just dealing with it.

It's nice to be able to go out for an evening of dinner, drinks, and dancing and not have to get in the shower the minute you walk in the door.

+ 1

So-called Sin Taxes are unfair - IMHO.

Why target a specific population? Because that population won't cause as much political backlash as if they raised taxes in general. (which they should do so everyone helps shoulder the deficit burden) :lurk:

So-called Sin Taxes are unfair - IMHO.

Why target a specific population? Because that population won't cause as much political backlash as if they raised taxes in general. (which they should do so everyone helps shoulder the deficit burden) :lurk:

+1

I don't smoke or chew so this tax won't hit me. But I don't think smokers should pay more to help "expand health insurance for children" as stated. Now I'm all for it if the tax goes strictly to cover costs related to smoking illnesses.

Just my .02

That's not the point....................I too am a non-smoker and it's nice to go into a place and not smell like an ash tray when you leave, the point here is individual freedoms. Everytime we ban something we lose alittle bit of our individual freedoms. If you can get the right people on your side and enough money you can get anything banned, for example, lawn darts, three-wheelers, etc. And of course you say "well those things are/were dangerous". Just walking out of your house is dangerous, a frozen turd from outer space could hit you in the head and kill you, probably never happen but it could. Just because you don't do a certain activity that doesn't mean nobody else shouldn't be able to do it. Take, as an example, golf........I don't golf.......I think it's a rich man's sport and a terrible waste of natural reasourses, should it be banned.......of course not. News papers..................outdated and again a waste of natural reasourses, should we ban it?. The US mail system......we have e-mail, use that only. And of course the one we can all relate to, SUPERCHARGERS AND TURBO's. why do we need them?, the speed limit is 55-or 65, cars should only be made to go that fast, well, maybe that will happen now that the government owns GM. And the list goes on, so just remember, everytime something is banned you lose alittle bit of personal freedom, no matter what it is....good or bad.

That's not the point....................I too am a non-smoker and it's nice to go into a place and not smell like an ash tray when you leave, the point here is individual freedoms. Everytime we ban something we lose alittle bit of our individual freedoms. If you can get the right people on your side and enough money you can get anything banned, for example, lawn darts, three-wheelers, etc. And of course you say "well those things are/were dangerous". Just walking out of your house is dangerous, a frozen turd from outer space could hit you in the head and kill you, probably never happen but it could. Just because you don't do a certain activity that doesn't mean nobody else shouldn't be able to do it. Take, as an example, golf........I don't golf.......I think it's a rich man's sport and a terrible waste of natural reasourses, should it be banned.......of course not. News papers..................outdated and again a waste of natural reasourses, should we ban it?. The US mail system......we have e-mail, use that only. And of course the one we can all relate to, SUPERCHARGERS AND TURBO's. why do we need them?, the speed limit is 55-or 65, cars should only be made to go that fast, well, maybe that will happen now that the government owns GM. And the list goes on, so just remember, everytime something is banned you lose alittle bit of personal freedom, no matter what it is....good or bad.

Good Points....................

People getting killed by doing something Stupid...............I call that "Thinning the Heard"

What was the last thing the Red Neck said just before he Died?

V

V

V

V

V

"Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Good points couldn't agree more for the record i don't smoke

Guest markham51

+1

Archived