TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Wheel and Tire Thread!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the winter, I put on my black bullits with 235/50/R18 Michelin Ice just in case I need to use the SGT in an snow/ice conditions (so far fortunately that has happened only the one time in the photo!)....

IMG_2903.jpg

Otherwise, its the stock polished bullits with 235/50/ZR18 BF Goodrich g-force T/A KDWS and staying that way until the Goodriches wear out!

American Racing Shelby Series Torq-thrust, chrome. BFGoodrich KDW's 255/45R18 - Front & 285/40R18 - Rear.

Still stock Bullits here!

I happen to really like the stock wheels, the problem is the size/fit issue! They won't fit over the big brakes and to get wider ones, you need to cut and weld! Taller? No dice! The closest look to stock that I've found, while giving a larger selection of size/fit, is the American Racing Torq-Thrust in chrome, as shown on Dig-It's SGT!

Now, provided they would clear the big brakes, I would like a set of 18 X 9 for the front, 18 X 10 for the rear! Anybody want to give me a set for my birthday? Please!?

Sam

AKA:

Still stock Bullits here!

I happen to really like the stock wheels, the problem is the size/fit issue! They won't fit over the big brakes and to get wider ones, you need to cut and weld! Taller? No dice! The closest look to stock that I've found, while giving a larger selection of size/fit, is the American Racing Torq-Thrust in chrome, as shown on Dig-It's SGT!

Now, provided they would clear the big brakes, I would like a set of 18 X 9 for the front, 18 X 10 for the rear! Anybody want to give me a set for my birthday? Please!?

Sam

AKA:

Sam,

Two pieces of bad news for you:

The 18" Torq-thrusts won't fit over Baer Brakes big brake kits. There's actually less clearance between the TT front rim and stock caliper than with the stock rims. I'm looking into AP Racing though. They have a six piston caliper that fits over a 13" brake rotor. I have some templates that I'm going to test on my car this summer.

Now the other bad news. About your B-day, how about a card instead? :shrug:

Sam,

Two pieces of bad news for you:

The 18" Torq-thrusts won't fit over Baer Brakes big brake kits. There's actually less clearance between the TT front rim and stock caliper than with the stock rims. I'm looking into AP Racing though. They have a six piston caliper that fits over a 13" brake rotor. I have some templates that I'm going to test on my car this summer.

Now the other bad news. About your B-day, how about a card instead? :shrug:

Nuts! But I still like the look! What are the specs on your wheel/tire combo, (backspace, offset, etc.) and do you have anymore pics of your ride? (Specifically close ups of the wheels/tires showing clearances within the wheel well and along the body to show how much, if any, they extend outside of the wheel well.)

I don't have anything against Vista Blue, but I thought someone on here had a set on a Performance White SGT, I'd love to see similar pics of that set-up!

As for my birthday, yes I would prefer the wheels, but the card will do in a pinch!

Sam

AKA:

Here is my vista blue vert with 20 in gunmetal razors. Picture taken late in day so forgive shadows. Day after wheels delivered.

post-22210-1238433225_thumb.jpg

Jill Stanley

post-22210-1238433225_thumb.jpg

Nuts! But I still like the look! What are the specs on your wheel/tire combo, (backspace, offset, etc.) and do you have anymore pics of your ride? (Specifically close ups of the wheels/tires showing clearances within the wheel well and along the body to show how much, if any, they extend outside of the wheel well.)

I don't have anything against Vista Blue, but I thought someone on here had a set on a Performance White SGT, I'd love to see similar pics of that set-up!

As for my birthday, yes I would prefer the wheels, but the card will do in a pinch!

Sam

AKA:

I don't have the rim specifications with me now. Here's some pics of the wheels I have with me on my laptop:

post-10226-1238450669_thumb.jpg

post-10226-1238450697_thumb.jpg

post-10226-1238450669_thumb.jpg

post-10226-1238450697_thumb.jpg

I'm still rolling with the stockers for now. I'm trying to buy a set of SVT rims for track use this week. If I can get that deal done, I'll get a set of Toyo RA1's for them asap.

Eventually, I'd like to buy the anthracite CS66 rims (18") for daily use, however.

Ken

Archived