TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Business at Ford

Alloy Dave

Probably going to open a can of worms here but all the more reason to expect that if the demand is there Ford will keep making the Shelby for years to come. They may up the MSRP and make tiny mods but the core car and more importantly the engine will remain a viable offering for those of us still waiting to get one.

Or at least that's how I rationalize not paying the ADM to get one yet :)

Probably going to open a can of worms here but all the more reason to expect that if the demand is there Ford will keep making the Shelby for years to come. They may up the MSRP and make tiny mods but the core car and more importantly the engine will remain a viable offering for those of us still waiting to get one.

Or at least that's how I rationalize not paying the ADM to get one yet :)

Ice man i got this from the top Ford will make the GT500 two years, they will come out every year for a while with a new Mustange like the billit to be announced Detroit auto show, if you want this car, start making some plans and get over the ADM.

Or get another model mustang. IMO

Ice man i got this from the top Ford will make the GT500 two years, they will come out every year for a while with a new Mustange like the billit to be announced Detroit auto show, if you want this car, start making some plans and get over the ADM.

I've heard that there is a contract w/ shelby for 2 yrs of production too. I paid 15k over and dont regret it.. A little harder on the budget but well worth it! I'm looking at modified GT's at the local dealer they are asking 40k.. With the add ons. :rolleyes:

I've heard the same. I've also heard that they may do a 3rd year. I also think that if they have something hot they would be foolish to stop producing it because collectable or not will not matter to the company - they need to sell cars.

The other thing to consider is when (not if) another mustang comes out with more power and hype what's it going to do for the Shalby then? I suspect much like the last Cobra that was selling with ADM for a while and now can be had used with 9K miles for mid 20K's.

I may be wrong and i don't have any problem with people paying an adm to get it now and be sure to have one, but I think there is a lot bigger chance that i will get one at the price I want if I wait it out. I am already seeing a lot of re-lists on e-bay because things are not selling. The dealers paying 10K over to get the car are not able to sell it for the 10K over thay paid. I don't think this car is going to have the investment value many had originally thought and I don't think it will be the "Limited" production people thought. More like limited to how many they can sell.

Just my feelings and I may be wrong and miss out, but there will always be another new car out there I want so I'll wait.

I've heard the same. I've also heard that they may do a 3rd year. I also think that if they have something hot they would be foolish to stop producing it because collectable or not will not matter to the company - they need to sell cars.

The other thing to consider is when (not if) another mustang comes out with more power and hype what's it going to do for the Shalby then? I suspect much like the last Cobra that was selling with ADM for a while and now can be had used with 9K miles for mid 20K's.

I may be wrong and i don't have any problem with people paying an adm to get it now and be sure to have one, but I think there is a lot bigger chance that i will get one at the price I want if I wait it out. I am already seeing a lot of re-lists on e-bay because things are not selling. The dealers paying 10K over to get the car are not able to sell it for the 10K over thay paid. I don't think this car is going to have the investment value many had originally thought and I don't think it will be the "Limited" production people thought. More like limited to how many they can sell.

Just my feelings and I may be wrong and miss out, but there will always be another new car out there I want so I'll wait.

Agreed. In my area there are rumors from a Ford Rep that they plan to build a minimum of 33,000 units. At a local dealer, two potential buyers removed themselves from a $10,000 ADM deposit when they too heard of this. Regards.

The whole idea of the remake of the Shelby GT500 is a limited production car. Like in the 60's.. that makes this car unique. They should keep it that way. Shelby has a 2 yr deal with ford on the GT500..

Possibly extending to a 3rd year. As of now Ford and Shelby have already introduced a watered down version calling it a Shelby GT. The car has 320hp with nice upgrades over the GT. Should be available in early 2007 The Shelby GT is the next Ford Shelby

The whole idea of the remake of the Shelby GT500 is a limited production car. Like in the 60's.. that makes this car unique. They should keep it that way. Shelby has a 2 yr deal with ford on the GT500..

Possibly extending to a 3rd year. As of now Ford and Shelby have already introduced a watered down version calling it a Shelby GT. The car has 320hp with nice upgrades over the GT. Should be available in early 2007 The Shelby GT is the next Ford Shelby

+1 I agree with you 100%.

ADM's in the Pacific NW region are still High. I reported that last week one sold for 20K over MSRP at a local dealer. That same dealer was just notified that he has been given 1 more car alotment and the ADM is also 20K. They are selling the Shelby GT for 2K over, so you will have to pay about 34K for one of those.

I have heard repeat rumors of a considered 3rd year. Yes, Shelby has a contract for 2 years, that does not mean that there are not 'options', especially when both sides are amenable. This would also fit, since the body will not have a major makeover in '09, so Ford would not have to expend much for the 3rd year. Quite frankly, I don't see why Ford wouldn't, if the car is still selling. :shrug:

They could also use this optional 3rd year as a response to the Challenger/Camaro. Especially the Camaro, with the much-rumored high-hp RS/SS (>500HP). The '500 would be able to address that. Even if they went with a 3rd year, 27,000 cars is still a drop in the bucket, and think of all the showroom traffic & free press Ford has gotten from this car. There is room for this along with the Boss--- the Boss attracts a different kind of buyer. The Bullitt will be a Tape & Stripe job, no real substance there. Then you have the Mach, a long way off from what I hear....

My .02

I have heard repeat rumors of a considered 3rd year. Yes, Shelby has a contract for 2 years, that does not mean that there are not 'options', especially when both sides are amenable. This would also fit, since the body will not have a major makeover in '09, so Ford would not have to expend much for the 3rd year. Quite frankly, I don't see why Ford wouldn't, if the car is still selling. :shrug:

They could also use this optional 3rd year as a response to the Challenger/Camaro. Especially the Camaro, with the much-rumored high-hp RS/SS (>500HP). The '500 would be able to address that. Even if they went with a 3rd year, 27,000 cars is still a drop in the bucket, and think of all the showroom traffic & free press Ford has gotten from this car. There is room for this along with the Boss--- the Boss attracts a different kind of buyer. The Bullitt will be a Tape & Stripe job, no real substance there. Then you have the Mach, a long way off from what I hear....

My .02

its hard to believe that C Shelby would not be receptive to the idea of a third year. He is getting a boat load of money for the use of his name, and it doesn't seem to hurt his ability to market his own line of cars. Definitely a win win for all involved.

My .02

I read in MOTOR TREND that every piece of sheet metal on the car except the roof will change for 2009. You say no changes in 2009 ? we will see !

Either way that will not effect development costs for the '500. Chassis/Layout the same, just new sheetmetal. I also heard push back till '10.

I would worry more on any upcoming changes re: emissions killing this car than anything else...

I agree w/rpretzel....

Additionally, I believe there will be a GT 350 as well. Call me crazed if you want......

Either way that will not effect development costs for the '500. Chassis/Layout the same, just new sheetmetal. I also heard push back till '10.

I would worry more on any upcoming changes re: emissions killing this car than anything else...

I agree w/rpretzel....

Additionally, I believe there will be a GT 350 as well. Call me crazed if you want......

..not trying to take sides politically, but having the democrats in charge of house and senate may really put an early end to this new muscle car uprising. :banghead::banghead: emissions as you said, and gas mileage

Listen up, grasshoppers.

Worry not about those who choose to pay ADM's.

Those who choose to pay them worry not about them.

Now - go to bed and dream about being those who choose to.

Or - choose to take some courses in economics.

Listen up, grasshoppers.

Worry not about those who choose to pay ADM's.

Those who choose to pay them worry not about them.

Now - go to bed and dream about being those who choose to.

Or - choose to take some courses in economics.

Yoda..? Is that you??? :hysterical:

Sorry I am! Help it I couldn't! :hysterical::hysterical:

Archived