TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Ticket in the Shelby

05FSTBK

What experience do you guys have with the potential downsides of having a radar detector during a traffic stop?

I've never been stopped since I got my Valentine 1, so I wouldn't know. But, even if I did, I have it concealed using the direct line power kit it comes with, and it up on my passenger side visor, so I doubt anyone would even know I had one.

Like I said, a radar detector isn't going to protect you 100%. But, instant on is not a huge threat, unless you are the only car on the road for 2 or less miles up ahead. Same with laser. Detectors like the Valentine 1 are so excellent that it can detect cops using instant on or laser miles up the road on OTHER cars, before you are even in their sights.

DO NOT speed without a Valentine 1. I never do. Worth every cent.

Although this is not my story, I thought you'd like to hear it. I was attending a Junior College in So. Cal in the early '70s and some friends of mine drove down to San Philipe in Baja Calif. On the way back a group of drunk Mexicans in a '57 Ford tried to run them off the road. My friends were in a new pickup and left the Ford in the dust. Before they got back to the border they came to a roadblock by the Federales. Up pulled the Ford with the drunk Mexicans, and you guessed it, they were Baja police! After lots of money their families finally got them out of jail and back across the border - their brand new pick up never made it back to the States.

• 3 weeks later...

okay, just checked on-line....

$322 plus $58 if I choose to go to Traffic School for a total $380

I am Eligible for Traffic School.

Not as bad as I thought it would be.

I saw signs on Hwy 12 west of Lodi that say "Reckless Driving is a Minimum of $2500"

Whew!

Archived