TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First ride of the year,Car bags,Storage,Etc...

Well The weather is finally braking up here in Michigan.I have had the GT-H put away in storage since late Oct. or Early Nov. I bought a car bag made by the car jacket company right here in Michigan this past fall upon recomendations from a few Mustang guys up here that store their classics in them.I was a bit skeptical but after storing through a harsh Michigan winter I am sold.The car was cleaned and detailed before storage and put into the bag in a storage unit.I got her out for the first time since i put her in last night.I about fell over.They car is as georgous as the day it went in.Not a speck of rust on the rotors. I am sold.If anyone has to store their cars for extended periods of time this is the way to go.My brother in law is going to be buying one for his 66 Chevelle after seeing the way my car came out.The guy I bought my bag from will deal with you if you buy more than one as well.I drove to his house and bought one for the GT-H and one for my 67 Fastback and he knocked $50 or so off.Shipping is not a problem either.If you are interested I can get the info and post it up or do a google search under car jacket.I did also take her out for a brief ride. I ran it through the gears and had it up to 120 and backed out as there was traffic coming my way.I also forgot how much attention these cars command when they are out on the road. Lots of rubbernecking. It was just good to be back behind the wheel again. :shift:

James

Well The weather is finally braking up here in Michigan.I have had the GT-H put away in storage since late Oct. or Early Nov. I bought a car bag made by the car jacket company right here in Michigan this past fall upon recomendations from a few Mustang guys up here that store their classics in them.I was a bit skeptical but after storing through a harsh Michigan winter I am sold.The car was cleaned and detailed before storage and put into the bag in a storage unit.I got her out for the first time since i put her in last night.I about fell over.They car is as georgous as the day it went in.Not a speck of rust on the rotors. I am sold.If anyone has to store their cars for extended periods of time this is the way to go.My brother in law is going to be buying one for his 66 Chevelle after seeing the way my car came out.The guy I bought my bag from will deal with you if you buy more than one as well.I drove to his house and bought one for the GT-H and one for my 67 Fastback and he knocked $50 or so off.Shipping is not a problem either.If you are interested I can get the info and post it up or do a google search under car jacket.I did also take her out for a brief ride. I ran it through the gears and had it up to 120 and backed out as there was traffic coming my way.I also forgot how much attention these cars command when they are out on the road. Lots of rubbernecking. It was just good to be back behind the wheel again. :shift:

James

I live in Chicago and would love to have something like that. What are the prices for 2 or more?

I can not remember the exact price for the 2 I got. I know it was less than $400.If I remember right I think it was $375.I went to the guys house and picked it up though.If you added shipping to it I bet he could probably do it for around $400 or a touch more. They come with the decicant packs,Instructions and nice sturdy box so when the car is out you can restore the bag in the box.I swear by them after seeing the reults.I will be buying at least one more this year to store my 91 LX Vert in.His contact number is 517-641-4881.Check him out.

James

Archived