TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which Razor will clear the GT500 brakes?

Ok, here's the deal- I was really close to pulling the trigger yesterday by buying another person's used Gunmetal Razors but now I am thinking about going with the Black Razors to keep the whole all Black theme on my SGT but before I pull the trigger on these set that I have found on ebay, what offset should I be buying to clear the GT500 brakes that I am planning on installing after the wheels?

I don't want to run into the problem of buying a certain set of wheels and them not being able to fit, in the GT500 for sale section, there is a guy selling his Black Razors but he's only getting rid of them because his can not fit the GT500 brakes in which I'm trying to avoid.

On the flip side I can get the Gunmetal Razors in 20 inches with Toyo tires pretty cheap that has only been on this person's car for a month and he does have the GT500 brake upgrade so I know for sure his will clear them but I'm torn between Black or gunmetal.... :banghead:

Mods, can we start a Pics of your wheels in the SGT section like the folks in the GT500 section?

Ok, here are some pics with either gunmetal or black wheels- these are not my pics and got them online, i am only using them as a visual aid-if they are of someones car on here and would like for me to remove them please PM and I will do so.

BZ7.jpg

BZ6.jpg

Blackrazors2.jpg

Blackrazors3.jpg

BZ5.jpg

GM4.jpg

GM2.jpg

gunrazors.jpg

GM1.jpg

GM3.jpg

8th picture down 3rd picture up is killer where did you get that picture from? I am liking that set up....with reguards to tire and wheel size.

I just typed in Yahoo and Google images and all types of SGT pics popped up with Razors-

Man, for all of the folks on here with Razors its pretty quiet in getting some kind of answer concerning the right offset to clear Brembos........ :headscratch:

I just typed in Yahoo and Google images and all types of SGT pics popped up with Razors-

Man, for all of the folks on here with Razors its pretty quiet in getting some kind of answer concerning the right offset to clear Brembos........ :headscratch:

Thanks I am researching options myself...looking for that all tire look like you found on the net...most of thye time sizes are not mentioned...

Ok, here's the deal- I was really close to pulling the trigger yesterday by buying another person's used Gunmetal Razors but now I am thinking about going with the Black Razors to keep the whole all Black theme on my SGT but before I pull the trigger on these set that I have found on ebay, what offset should I be buying to clear the GT500 brakes that I am planning on installing after the wheels?

I don't want to run into the problem of buying a certain set of wheels and them not being able to fit, in the GT500 for sale section, there is a guy selling his Black Razors but he's only getting rid of them because his can not fit the GT500 brakes in which I'm trying to avoid.

On the flip side I can get the Gunmetal Razors in 20 inches with Toyo tires pretty cheap that has only been on this person's car for a month and he does have the GT500 brake upgrade so I know for sure his will clear them but I'm torn between Black or gunmetal.... :banghead:

Mods, can we start a Pics of your wheels in the SGT section like the folks in the GT500 section?

FWIW, 20 inch rims also require a low profile tire which will increase road noise and they are less forgiving should you hit a sharp edged pothole in the road.

when I bought razors for my car all the wheels where 24 offset. So your answer for the front is 24 offset. I sold two of the wheels and bought 40 offset for the rear to tuck them in more in the rear

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

Thanks for the tip. Nice ride by the way.

Archived