TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vegas plant tour

I went on a tour of the Shelby plant yesterday. The history of the different cars was very interesting.

Seeing the Cobra's being built was cool. I didn't know that they ship from the factory without any powertrain so they don't have to comply with current federal safety standards, no airbags, emissions, etc...

I give Mr. Shelby a lot of credit for not selling his/the 1st Cobra when offered $20 mil for it.

Seeing all the GT500's lined up that had been Super Snaked was wild. I met a gentleman that was picking his '08 Grabber Orange Super Snake. It was NICE! The 20" Alcoa wheels are sweet in person and the car sounded awesome.

They let you autograph the wall in the shop and like an idiot I didn't take a picture of where I signed it. :banghead:

Oh well guess I'll have to go back this August.

If you're ever out in Vegas it's worth the 20 min ride from the strip to the plant.

I went on a tour of the Shelby plant yesterday. The history of the different cars was very interesting.

Seeing the Cobra's being built was cool. I didn't know that they ship from the factory without any powertrain so they don't have to comply with current federal safety standards, no airbags, emissions, etc...

I give Mr. Shelby a lot of credit for not selling his/the 1st Cobra when offered $20 mil for it.

Seeing all the GT500's lined up that had been Super Snaked was wild. I met a gentleman that was picking his '08 Grabber Orange Super Snake. It was NICE! The 20" Alcoa wheels are sweet in person and the car sounded awesome.

They let you autograph the wall in the shop and like an idiot I didn't take a picture of where I signed it. :banghead:

Oh well guess I'll have to go back this August.

If you're ever out in Vegas it's worth the 20 min ride from the strip to the plant.

What no visit to the Shelby Cafe?

Just messin with you :hysterical:

The Shelby museum and factory tour is a definite must when in Vegas. And unlike most other car museums there is no charge. What more can you ask for?

Steve

I was there 2 weeks ago. GREAT place.. people are very friendly and the HISTORY!!! awesome. My only gripe is that the store was out of virtually everything. I wanted to drop a bunch of coin on shelby stuff, too! Their loss... I've been trying to buy some of their neon signs since they first came out in the catalog and they are ALWAYS out of stock! All their clothing was only available in 3Xlarge! I hope they have that issue addressed now.

I went for the first time 3 weeks ago, and I've lived in Vegas since 1995.

Great tour. You guys deffinitely have to have lunch at the cafe, great food, great prices and lots cool stuff.

Time allowing I would go back once a month.

Printmaster; where in upstate NY are you?? I am originally from Utica.

Jim

I went for the first time 3 weeks ago, and I've lived in Vegas since 1995.

Great tour. You guys deffinitely have to have lunch at the cafe, great food, great prices and lots cool stuff.

Time allowing I would go back once a month.

Printmaster; where in upstate NY are you?? I am originally from Utica.

Jim

Hi Jim, I'm in Niskayuna (Indian for high taxes) about 1 hour from your old stomping ground. The cafe is nice I had a cup of chili it was great. The staff could not be more friendly. I'm planning a trip back out there this summer with the family for a few days. My son wants to see the plant.

Take care

Brian

I make it out to the plant everytime I hit Vegas. I am also going to be there in May, seeing Fleetwood Mac on the 30th. WooHoo!!

We like to see shows at the MGM, and I would have gone to see Fleetwood Mac there but the Vegas show wasn't on the schedule when we got the tickets to see them at the Pepsi Center. I hope it's OK - I've heard Pepsi Center acoustics are terrible. We did get floor seats so I'm crossing my fingers.

Funny that as I was writing this Tusk came on the internet radio station I listen to at work (KOOL Phoenix HD2).

My wife showed me an article from the paper (don't know which one) that said the show is just basically their old stuff. Their last tour was coincident with a new album but this one has nothing new. That's OK, their old stuff is great and it will be great to see them all together again. I wish Christine McVie would come back for some songs too, but I like Stevie Nicks (and have seen her show twice).

The Shelby museum and factory tour is a definite must when in Vegas. And unlike most other car museums there is no charge. What more can you ask for?

Shhhh... If they figure out that there is still something out there that they don't charge for, you can bet they'll start.

I did go out there two years ago to visit my Shelby GT before it was converted, and my wife and I are going back the last week of April. You can't go to Vegas without stopping by SAI and droping at least $100 on shirts.

Archived