TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07SGT0471, Trip to SAI for the Whipple 550 S/C KIT!!!!

What do all of you think about what the dyno guy said should he mess with the timing and fuel or JUST LEAVE IT ALONE? I would aggree to leave it alone. I would think that Ford racing and Whipple did many tests to make sure this is bullit proof. Would you trust Ford Racing and Whipple or some guy at a dyno shop?

Congrats Randy and am so frickin happy for you I know you really wanted this done to your car.

If it was done on a Mustang dyno, I would pull timing and add fuel. My guess is it was not done on a Mustang dyno. I'm a firm believer in 15% loss for drive train with a manual trans. Which would work out to 467 rwhp.

Great numbers Randy. Please tell me you have fuel pressure gauge on board. This is something I'm also a firm believer in. Running those numbers with lack of fuel pressure equals trouble.

Good luck on the trip home. Don't try to break too many land speed records.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
iPhone update we dyno'd today at 494.7 rwhp! Dyno guy sggested to pull some timing and add some fuel I am sticking with the canned tune from Ford...the car is a BLAST!! Right on SAI!!!! :happy feet:

Congrats Randy you lucky dog.

Also were did you get your car dynoed at ? AND

BTW those are awesome numbers and i am so pumped. i can not wait till it is my turn to

bragg :hysterical:

Scotty

The car was on a dynojet, the 495 was rwhp I believe STD if I am reading the sheet correctly it says CF:STD on the top. The max torque was 486. I have no pressure guage on board but have the dual pumps installed from kit. The A/f is flat at the lowest 12.2 or so. I am on the iPhone so I cannot post yet. Great point 69 vegas is at 3500 ft Seattle is at sealevel I believe Bud gives them the address an the VIN for the tune as my VIN is written on the procal tuner I got with the car. At a 15% loss that's around 580 at the crank. I will say it is the most well mannered high up car I have ever drove and a beast!!! I will post soon about my drive back...

The car was on a dynojet, the 495 was rwhp I believe STD if I am reading the sheet correctly it says CF:STD on the top. The max torque was 486. I have no pressure guage on board but have the dual pumps installed from kit. The A/f is flat at the lowest 12.2 or so. I am on the iPhone so I cannot post yet. Great point 69 vegas is at 3500 ft Seattle is at sealevel I believe Bud gives them the address an the VIN for the tune as my VIN is written on the procal tuner I got with the car. At a 15% loss that's around 580 at the crank. I will say it is the most well mannered high up car I have ever drove and a beast!!! I will post soon about my drive back...

I forgot thanks you guys!!!

Mc, I assume the program was set for 91 Octane as I, again, assume you can only buy 91 in both Vegas and Seattle. There will be differences in tune/performance between NV elevation and Seattle elevation (or lack therof). Pulling some timing will give less HP but probably add longevity. More fuel will reduce HP but the cylinders will run cooler and again hopefully longer.

Again, good luck. I am envious but happy for you.

PS- let us know how it runs in different elevations and in Seattle.

Did you change the oil? Are you going to run a 30w? (5w-30 or 0w-30)

Hey Randy, where are you !!!

COME ON WAKE UP I KNOW IT WAS A LONG DRIVE HOME, BUT YOU HAVE SLEPT LONG ENOUGH. NOW GET OUT OF BED AND POST THOSE PICTURES. I CAN NOT TAKE IT ANY MORE. :angry22::hysterical:

SCOTTY

494 on a dyno jet with STD is normal. That means actual is 475-476 rwhp by SAE. Exactly what whipple and Tasca say you will pull unless you add the aluminum driveshaft.

This is why I said in another post WE all must clarify our number.

Still great numbers though.

Cool thanks! I appreciate your clarification. This was my first dyno of anything...Doh!

Ok guys the dyno video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmSsY5JL_NQ

Edit- BTW: As I am not a car show dyno day kind of guy I had never seen a car dynoed, nor had an occasion to dyno anything.

Man I really do live in the previous decades when it comes to cars...when I worked in a shop it was huge to have a mig welder...crazy.

Also, I thought the noise on the you tube videos was the tires on the rollers...but no that is the S/C noise you hear! Oh yeah! :happy feet:

If it was done on a Mustang dyno, I would pull timing and add fuel. My guess is it was not done on a Mustang dyno. I'm a firm believer in 15% loss for drive train with a manual trans. Which would work out to 467 rwhp.

Great numbers Randy. Please tell me you have fuel pressure gauge on board. This is something I'm also a firm believer in. Running those numbers with lack of fuel pressure equals trouble.

Good luck on the trip home. Don't try to break too many land speed records.

Thanks Dave I made it home...So I wanted to please ask about PM ing me a good dyno shop here in Seattle...

edit:spelling.

Hey Randy, where are you !!!

COME ON WAKE UP I KNOW IT WAS A LONG DRIVE HOME, BUT YOU HAVE SLEPT LONG ENOUGH. NOW GET OUT OF BED AND POST THOSE PICTURES. I CAN NOT TAKE IT ANY MORE. :angry22::hysterical:

SCOTTY

Sorry buddy I was recovering from the 5 hour energy shot drinks..man those things keep ya going! So yeah I was sleeping...haha!

I posted some things for you I will post more pictures soon! Cheers man!

Ok time lapse fans...here is a time lapse of part of the drive home...I screwed up the camera setting, but learned how to edit together different clips in the windows movie maker application on my computer...could get interesting. I also am looking forward to some videos with the HERO camera!

Cheers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMFZ3rbliWI

BTW: Yeah I know 69, I lack hair...haha.

The following Video is of my Pops driving the SGT after the install...mind you he had never driven the car before...

Do NOT watch if you cannot handle curse words...my Pops is who he is thats for sure, ...you have been fairly warned...

Hey SWEDE...BTW This could be you... :hysterical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfuRKFGIWmg

So the difference in the car is astronomical...it is truly EFFORTLESS to accelerate and it does so very very quickly... :happy feet:

we were not even coming close to nailing the throttle about 1/4-1/2 gradual tip in gives you a sweet roll on. I have yet to go crazy with it yet...but I will tell you it is AMAZINGLY COOL!!!!

I love this freaking thing!!

edit:can't spell...

Ok time lapse fans...here is a time lapse of part of the drive home...I screwed up the camera setting, but learned how to edit together different clips in the windows movie maker application on my computer...could get interesting. I also am looking forward to some videos with the HERO camera!

Cheers!

Cool Videos. I noticed that coffee mug stayed in the same spot the entire ride home.

I really liked the video of your pops driving the car.

WOW, ARE YOU KIDDIN ME.YOUR CAR ROCKS RANDY. I AM GOING NUTS THINKING ABOUT THIS ESPECIALLY WITH MY CAR ON THE WAY TO VEGAS. I GOT TO GO NOW TO CALL FEDEX AUTO TRANSPORT TO SEE IF MY CAR IS BEING DELIVERED TODAY TO SAI.

GREAT VIDEO BTW RANDY. ALSO IF I DIDN'T KNOW BETTER I SAY THAT YOU ARE A

GREATFUL DEAD LOVER ; YOUR SHIRT IN THE PIC'S WITH BUD IS SWEET !!!

SCOTTY

(P.S.) YOUR DAD ROCKS TOO !!! AND SO DOES YOUR HAIR !!! Heee Heee

Randys hair is what makes him Randy. Hell if I was that bald I would have wings too...... at least its not a comb over. :D I bet the supercharger did that to his hair. :shift: Just kidding Randy your hair looks killer man. :beerchug:

And the money shot...

SC.ShelbyHDQTRS.jpg

McCoy - WOW, the car / engine / SC look great - must be a blast to drive now!! :happy feet:

Cheers!

I will be kind.

Archived