TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07SGT0471, Trip to SAI for the Whipple 550 S/C KIT!!!!

Well, Bud said about 2 weeks, and it is ready already!!! But I can't go get it till next week. I am flying in Good Friday (from NJ) and then doing Mustangs Across America. I got the KB. Best for automatics Bud said. And I must agree-BUD IS THE MAN!!!!! He answered all my questions, smart and stupid, and made suggestions when I was unsure about items. He kept in constant communication, and even sent me pics, but I still can't wait to go see (and drive ofcourse!) Peaches in person!!!!! Aside frm the KB I added the extreme brakes in blue to match the car, and the brake ducts, and the CS-8 grill, but it is backordered. I also had the top rail stripes above the windshield (Bud's idea!) :happy feet:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, Bud said about 2 weeks, and it is ready already!!! But I can't go get it till next week. I am flying in Good Friday (from NJ) and then doing Mustangs Across America. I got the KB. Best for automatics Bud said. And I must agree-BUD IS THE MAN!!!!! He answered all my questions, smart and stupid, and made suggestions when I was unsure about items. He kept in constant communication, and even sent me pics, but I still can't wait to go see (and drive ofcourse!) Peaches in person!!!!! Aside frm the KB I added the extreme brakes in blue to match the car, and the brake ducts, and the CS-8 grill, but it is backordered. I also had the top rail stripes above the windshield (Bud's idea!) :happy feet:

sounds absolutely awesome, almost Wicked!, cant wait to see her.

Update!!! :happy feet:

Bud "the MAN" has confirmed that my car is in detail as I write this!!

YEEEhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Hey Mc, that is great news.

As far as I can tell SAI is the only authorized Shelby mod shop that does not dyno the car after putting a supercharger on it.

You might want to consider setting up a couple of dyno pulls at a local shop before you leave Vegas.

Technically it’s not necessary and chances are everything will be OK but there have been problems with some SC installs (air leaks, electrical connection problems, wrong tune flashed, etc.) that may be subtle driving the car but would be obvious to an experienced tuner/dyno operator.

It’s should be less than $100 and only take an hour. The piece of mind of getting it done before you get 1000+ miles away from SAI would be worthwhile. At a minimum you would have a nice baseline (and bragging rights) in your pocket before you hit the road.

I’ll bet Bud could point you to a reputable shop in Vegas.

Either way congratulations and have fun with it. Hope to see you on the road (or track) someday!!!

As far as I can tell SAI is the only authorized Shelby mod shop that does not dyno the car after putting a supercharger on it.

You might want to consider setting up a couple of dyno pulls at a local shop before you leave Vegas.

Technically it’s not necessary and chances are everything will be OK but there have been problems with some SC installs (air leaks, electrical connection problems, wrong tune flashed, etc.) that may be subtle driving the car but would be obvious to an experienced tuner/dyno operator.

It’s should be less than $100 and only take an hour. The piece of mind of getting it done before you get 1000+ miles away from SAI would be worthwhile. At a minimum you would have a nice baseline (and bragging rights) in your pocket before you hit the road.

Either way congratulations and have fun with it. Hope to see you on the road (or track) someday!!!

+1

Someone asked what I meant when I said top rail stripes. Look right at the top of the windshield below the roof and these are the new stripes I added. since I had stripes put on my rollbars, the stripes looked continuous down the whole car when the top was down except these 2 inches above the windshield. Bud suggested it and I think it looks great! Thansk Bud!

DSCF0088__Medium_.jpg

Someone asked what I meant when I said top rail stripes. Look right at the top of the windshield below the roof and these are the new stripes I added. since I had stripes put on my rollbars, the stripes looked continuous down the whole car when the top was down except these 2 inches above the windshield. Bud suggested it and I think it looks great! Thansk Bud!

post-11567-1238544619_thumb.jpg

Looks killer!!! I will be in Vegas tomorrow!! :peelout:

Looks Great, get that thing on the Dyno. I agree I would put that hose behind rather than over the top.

Congrats, you are going to love it!!!!!!!!

Thanks I agree hose looks better under and behind...SAI follows the instructions...I am asking about a dyno shop now...That entire area around SAI is a big tilt up warehouse maze full of shops.....hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

I asked Bud what he thought...Thanks Man!!

I would love to see ya around but you are about as far away as possible from me...I have enjoied the progress you have achieved with your car its awesome!! Maybe I can try to get some timeslips to post..... Cheers!!

+1 on this. My Whipple was installed on my vert last week and Ford Racing sent the wrong tune. They could not tell until it was on the dyno. Money well spent IMO.

BTW the power and whine of the Whipple are awesome!! You will absolutely love it. The only problem I see with your Whipple is your video on the way home is going to be terrible. With all the extra power, we'll probably just see SAI and then your garage will be the next shot!

HEY MC,

I TALK TO ROBERT LANE THE OTHER DAY AND I HEARD YOU S/C BAD BOY IS READY AND WAITING.

SO CONGRATS AGAIN, AND DON'T FORGET WE ALL LOVE PICTURES. :drool:

SCOTTY

+1 on this. My Whipple was installed on my vert last week and Ford Racing sent the wrong tune. They could not tell until it was on the dyno. Money well spent IMO.

BTW the power and whine of the Whipple are awesome!! You will absolutely love it. The only problem I see with your Whipple is your video on the way home is going to be terrible. With all the extra power, we'll probably just see SAI and then your garage will be the next shot!

Haha well when you see the pictures you will understand that the ride home is going to be a get used to it cruise...I have a theroy about getting used to new rides that has served me well....well at least after I put a new to me 280z through a pole at 80-90 mph..haha funny stuff me and my Pops went halfs on the Z to flip it for a quick profit...dunno if I ever paid him back...I think I did?

Anyways Thanks I am totally STOKED!!!! Rock on!!-R

HEY MC,

I TALK TO ROBERT LANE THE OTHER DAY AND I HEARD YOU S/C BAD BOY IS READY AND WAITING.

SO CONGRATS AGAIN, AND DON'T FORGET WE ALL LOVE PICTURES. :drool:

SCOTTY

Right On Scotty!!! Many pictures are coming this way soon!!!!!!!!

Here are all the pics I have so far that Bud sent me. since I can not get out there till next week, this is all I have for now. It will have to tide me over until next Friday when I see peaches in person again. I miss her so...DSCF0086__2_.jpgDSCF0091__2_.jpg[atta

chment=43101:DSCF0013.jpg]

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0086__2_.jpg

DSCF0091__2_.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

Thanks guys!!!

If I see your car around herpony I will take some pictures if you'd like...

I changed my signature......heehee....man today is going to be a long day of drooling!!

I have been told that the car has been test driven and that it runs like a "raped ape"!!

going back to drolling now... :drool:

Here are all the pics I have so far that Bud sent me. since I can not get out there till next week, this is all I have for now. It will have to tide me over until next Friday when I see peaches in person again. I miss her so...post-11567-1238592840_thumb.jpgpost-11567-1238592850_thumb.jpg[atta

Love the pictures...those guys have a killer job!! Your car looks fantastic!! Very cool.

posting from my iPhone all I can say is hahahahahahahhahshhahshhHhahhahHAa. Bad to the bone!!!

Congrats Randy. Heard from a pretty good source today that your were pretty stoked, to say the least. Just be careful, the car will definitely be a lot quicker now.

Enjoy the ride. Gotta love boost.

iPhone update we dyno'd today at 494.7 rwhp! Dyno guy sggested to pull some timing and add some fuel I am sticking with the canned tune from Ford...the car is a BLAST!! Right on SAI!!!! :happy feet:

Reverse the math (assuming 15% loss) = 580+ HP at the crank...

Or if 550 HP is accurate = 10% drivetrain loss...

Either way, AWESOME numbers :-)

iPhone update we dyno'd today at 494.7 rwhp! Dyno guy sggested to pull some timing and add some fuel I am sticking with the canned tune from Ford...the car is a BLAST!! Right on SAI!!!! :happy feet:

What do all of you think about what the dyno guy said should he mess with the timing and fuel or JUST LEAVE IT ALONE? I would aggree to leave it alone. I would think that Ford racing and Whipple did many tests to make sure this is bullit proof. Would you trust Ford Racing and Whipple or some guy at a dyno shop?

Congrats Randy and am so frickin happy for you I know you really wanted this done to your car.

Here are all the pics I have so far that Bud sent me. since I can not get out there till next week, this is all I have for now. It will have to tide me over until next Friday when I see peaches in person again. I miss her so...post-11567-1238592840_thumb.jpgpost-11567-1238592850_thumb.jpg[atta

What a georgous car, I mean 100% awesome. I love the Blue calipers and the blue car, just the whole set up is incredible.

Wow.

EDIT: Sorry wrong post! I must be day dreaming about mccoy's SC and just saw those pics of "herpony's car" and went gaga.

Nice!!! Welcome to the world of ludicrous speed.

Archived