TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Great GT500 convertible video comparison

BrianG500

Hi everyone,

Here's a very good German comparison review with subtitles (two parts) in case you haven't seen it. Probably the best performance testing I've seen by a reviewer, and the GT500 did very well.

As a former supercharged '05 SRT-8 Viper owner (620rwhp), I was nodding my head at everything he said about the Viper. It was an absolute monster and exhilarating but terrifying at the same time. Huge power and grip but could break loose the tires at almost any speed. Always felt like just a little too much throttle at the wrong moment and I was a dead man.

In the market right now for a GT500 convertible and this forum has been great info. Wife has convinced me to get something a little more family-friendly, and to be honest, I am ready too for something that is still wicked fast but not exhausting to drive like the Viper could be.

Brian

Hi everyone,

Here's a very good German comparison review with subtitles (two parts) in case you haven't seen it. Probably the best performance testing I've seen by a reviewer, and the GT500 did very well.

As a former supercharged '05 SRT-8 Viper owner (620rwhp), I was nodding my head at everything he said about the Viper. It was an absolute monster and exhilarating but terrifying at the same time. Huge power and grip but could break loose the tires at almost any speed. Always felt like just a little too much throttle at the wrong moment and I was a dead man.

In the market right now for a GT500 convertible and this forum has been great info. Wife has convinced me to get something a little more family-friendly, and to be honest, I am ready too for something that is still wicked fast but not exhausting to drive like the Viper could be.

Brian

Danke für die gute Zusammenarbeit. :hysterical: Im having a double cheeseburger for lunch!!! :drool:

he was right on with his descriptions

loved the sound effects of the slow shifting viper

haha

that gt500 apeared to have the adjustable frpp handling kit judging by the looks and performance. No 20s though obviously

He is right how our car accelerates strong no matter what gear haha love it!

Good deal, good show-up. I think he's right when he commented on the Challenger having an uneven match-up with an automatic - I think a manual would bring out more true colors. The Shelby had suspension, which is nice, and the Viper... The Viper is just a brute, and you have to know how to drive - it's an entirely different machine, almost. The GT500 does have a darn even power-band, that's for sure. There isn't much lag anywhere... It just goes, and goes, and goes!!

Other than that... He giggles like a school girl :-)

Archived