TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby N.Y. Finally Meets Dennis Gomes

Tuesday was the big day, I went up to pick up my newly transformed Shelby GT/SC

Dennis and I finally got to meet face to face and here is what happened!

100_2066-1.jpg

A little humor for those of you who remember our very popular (deleted) thread.

Well after everything was said and done and the dust cleared, I decided to go with the Whipple h.o. I put my car into the hands of Tasca and Dennis Gomes. I dropped my car off Monday the 16th and it was ready to roll Tuesday the 24th. That to me is service, Dennis and the guys did some major scrambling to have my car done by Tuesday, and they pulled it off and then some. The pictures below show the results, I still can't wipe the dumb a$$ smile off my face, the car is incredible.

100_2035.jpg

100_2060.jpg

100_2048.jpg

To Dennis and all the guys at Tasca, I want to truly thank you for the excellent job that all of you did. I really appreciate you understanding my crazy work schedule and having my car done in time for me to pick it up, That really helped me out.

One thing else I have to say, I am very glad I started that thread a few weeks ago, because if I had not, I probably wouldn't have gone to Tasca and entrusted my car to Dennis.

Now I know what he was trying to tell me all along, and I definitely get what Tasca is all about.

Thanks again guys you have my sincere gratitude.

Dave Lopez

Tuesday was the big day, I went up to pick up my newly transformed Shelby GT/SC

Dennis and I finally got to meet face to face and here is what happened!

100_2066-1.jpg

A little humor for those of you who remember our very popular (deleted) thread.

Well after everything was said and done and the dust cleared, I decided to go with the Whipple h.o. I put my car into the hands of Tasca and Dennis Gomes. I dropped my car off Monday the 16th and it was ready to roll Tuesday the 24th. That to me is service, Dennis and the guys did some major scrambling to have my car done by Tuesday, and they pulled it off and then some. The pictures below show the results, I still can't wipe the dumb a$$ smile off my face, the car is incredible.

100_2035.jpg

100_2060.jpg

100_2048.jpg

To Dennis and all the guys at Tasca, I want to truly thank you for the excellent job that all of you did. I really appreciate you understanding my crazy work schedule and having my car done in time for me to pick it up, That really helped me out.

One thing else I have to say, I am very glad I started that thread a few weeks ago, because if I had not, I probably wouldn't have gone to Tasca and entrusted my car to Dennis.

Now I know what he was trying to tell me all along, and I definitely get what Tasca is all about.

Thanks again guys you have my sincere gratitude.

Dave Lopez

See I told you that black is faster than white. Mine dyno 442.1 at the rear wheels, so that proves black Shelby GT's are faster than white Shelby GT's. :headscratch: Tom

See I told you that black is faster than white. Mine dyno 442.1 at the rear wheels, so that proves black Shelby GT's are faster than white Shelby GT's. :headscratch: Tom

no no it only proves black sc sgts are faster but the white NAs are well known to be faster :hysterical:

Thanks guys, I have to say, what a different animal my SGT is with the Whipple, it feels like a completely different car, the power comes on strong and consistently, I got challenged by an SRT8 dodge maganum on the way home, he pulled along side me doing around 75mph and gave me "the look" so I goosed it and when I looked down at the spedo I was at 125, and he was falling behind by quite a few car lengths :victory: he then wisely decided to stay behind me.

I forgot to mention that I got to meet Bill aka carnut12 yesterday, very cool guy, Bill's engine is looking very similar to mine, but I think bill is getting the full 550 kit. Bill it was great meeting you, I wish I could have hung around a while longer, hopefully we will meet up in the fall, when Tasca has their event in September.

wicked I did see you ride there, looking exceptionally clean I must say.

100_2057.jpg

a few more pics from yesterday

100_2068.jpg

100_2067.jpg

I also shot a video of the dyno pull, but I have to edit it down a bit, then I will post it.

Lastly here is my new license plate, I think you guys will like it!

100_2071.jpg

Thanks guys, I have to say, what a different animal my SGT is with the Whipple, it feels like a completely different car, the power comes on strong and consistently, I got challenged by an SRT8 dodge maganum on the way home, he pulled along side me doing around 75mph and gave me "the look" so I goosed it and when I looked down at the spedo I was at 125, and he was falling behind by quite a few car lengths :victory: he then wisely decided to stay behind me.

I forgot to mention that I got to meet Bill aka carnut12 yesterday, very cool guy, Bill's engine is looking very similar to mine, but I think bill is getting the full 550 kit. Bill it was great meeting you, I wish I could have hung around a while longer, hopefully we will meet up in the fall, when Tasca has their event in September.

100_2057.jpg

100_2068.jpg

100_2067.jpg

I also shot a video of the dyno pull, but I have to edit it down a bit, then I will post it.

100_2071.jpg

You'll lucky, we can only have seven letters on are license plate in Pa.

100_2057.jpg

100_2068.jpg

100_2067.jpg

100_2071.jpg

Car looks Great, it was great to meet you as well. I look forward to seeing you at the Tasca event in September. Enjoy the car :happy feet: :happy feet:

100_2057.jpg

100_2068.jpg

100_2067.jpg

100_2071.jpg

Thnaks for checking on her for me, Ive been worried.

MY BABY!

Thanks, I do miss her, cant wait for Saturday.

Congrats on that very special sweet ride of yours.

Guest hfrosso

Your car look's realy nice, love the blue covers on the white car.

I got the crome valve covers, they shine, but you can see the blue ones much better on pictures.

Congrat's on the SC and what you've done to the car!!!!!

I assume your the big dude?

Yes I am the big dude, and you own my second favorite car of all, lets see some pics of that cutlass!!

100_2065.jpg

Hardluck I hope Dennis and the guys get it all worked out for you, keep us informed. and I saw the plaque and picture you gave Dennis, your a class act brother.

We think we have it worked out. I will know when I can get to the Dyno again. We are supposed to do pulls this Saturday with our Club at Big Wood Racing in Benson NC but weather looks like garbage. 08SGT1234 is going to make the wx call tonight. Praying for good weather so everyone can get their rides done...

Whoa! Hope you do get it all sorted out. A post like this makes me nervous...

Don't be nervous, glitch in the system... Dustin, Dennis and Whipple engineers have been working with me to get it fixed. I will explain what I have learned about a 3V and the PCM, timing etc when I get the dyno numbers back this weekend or early next week.

Yes I am the big dude, and you own my second favorite car of all, lets see some pics of that cutlass!!

100_2065.jpg

Congrats at getting your car done I am going with the 550 whipple as well. Everytime my phone rings I hope its BUD from SAI, someday he will call.........

The Cutlass is still in Hybernation I took the cover off today and took a picture with my cellphone. I bought the car when I was 18 so I have had it for 17 years the car was broke down more than ever ran so about 5 years I ago I completely had it restored and dropped a tricked out 455 with Turbo 400 tranny and 3:42 gears and had all the body panels replaced and a new top and interior. I love the Cutlass and I thought it was the coolest car in the world until I got my Shelby.

2663_73602959492_770734492_2324480_2579791_n.jpg

Congrats at getting your car done I am going with the 550 Whipple as well. Every time my phone rings I hope its BUD from SAI, someday he will call.........

The Cutlass is still in Hibernation I took the cover off today and took a picture with my cellphone. I bought the car when I was 18 so I have had it for 17 years the car was broke down more than ever ran so about 5 years I ago I completely had it restored and dropped a tricked out 455 with Turbo 400 tranny and 3:42 gears and had all the body panels replaced and a new top and interior. I love the Cutlass and I thought it was the coolest car in the world until I got my Shelby.

2663_73602959492_770734492_2324480_2579791_n.jpg

Thanks for the pic of the cutlass, I have always wanted a 70-72 convertible, love that car! My other "fun car" is an 85 cutlass 442,

44213tu.jpg

it's pretty good overall but need some tlc and a new paint job. good luck with the Whipple, I know you will love it.

Hardluck33, sounds like you guys got the problem sorted out, thats good to hear. Let us know how the dyno run goes.

Archived