TEAM SHELBY FORUM

replacement intake tube and tune!

Hey Fellow Shelby GT friends! My question is this! Does anyone have any idea on what intake tube i can use to replace the stock one? I want to keep the FRPP filter! You would think that FRPP would have a replacement for the original rubber turbulant one! I also want to tune it after that to see if i can get rid of the black soot on my tips that i suspect comes from having a shelby 91 octane tune when i can only get 93 octane!!! Was planniing on goin with Brenspeed tuner! Any help would be appreciated! :headscratch:

Steeda makes a couple of different intake elbows. I have the carbon fiber one, which I like a lot.

As for custom tunes, Brenspeed gets a lot of good reviews, but I've never used them. I've used Bamachips and really like their race tune. Good luck.

Ken

I have the carbon fiber elbo from Steeda and it looks very good but don't expect any gain in h.p. You will be buying this only for looks. As for the tune, i have the brenspeed tune and it works great. Mine is the sct-2 and it is tuned for 87-91-93 octane. I have the 93 octane in my car and it is very noticeable.You don't buy these tune's for a lot of h.p. but for the right torque for the right gear.There's a lot of tunes out there but Brenspeed and Bama chips are as Ken said the most popular on this forum. A good tune and 410 gears are the cheapest and best performance upgrade for the money on these cars. Good-Luck,Kenny

Don't waste your money on the Carbon Fiber tube if all you are wanting to do is smooth out the air flow...I bought the standard Steeda tube for much less, and I'm happy with it. I did NOT retune after putting the tube on, and drove the car on a 4500 mile vacation trip right afterwards without any problems...The black soot does not have anything to do with 91 or 93 octane fuel, it is because FRPP sets the car up to run a little on the "rich" side for saftey of the motor...

Hey Fellow Shelby GT friends! My question is this! Does anyone have any idea on what intake tube i can use to replace the stock one? I want to keep the FRPP filter! You would think that FRPP would have a replacement for the original rubber turbulant one! I also want to tune it after that to see if i can get rid of the black soot on my tips that i suspect comes from having a shelby 91 octane tune when i can only get 93 octane!!! Was planniing on goin with Brenspeed tuner! Any help would be appreciated! :headscratch:

I don't have any black soot on my tips and I've had the Shelby tune for 2 years using 93 octane?? I just switched to the Brenspeed 93 and love it. I'm also gonna get a new tube and it's probably gonna be the Steeda carbon fiber.

I agree that you should only buy a different elbow for looks. I have the Steeda CF elbow and I'm still waiting for all that advertised HP gain... I also have the Brenspeed SCT X3 turner and I will say I don't notice a whole lot of WOW over the stock ProCal tune. At least not to justify the $$$.

Archived